Vignettes and Pets #5 B12 for the Soul

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning and welcome to another thread and the first day of the rest of your life! 😁

Thanks to @happyforest for the thread title.

Screenshot_20230830_093743_Google.jpg

In the last thread we:
* learnt the power of No!
* learnt how it pays to stay shtum
* travelled to Canada, the Amalfi Coast and Newlyn
* discussed the tribulations of mothers...and thoughtlessness of daughters and granddaughters
* were horrified at the poor behaviour of "friends"
* were uplifted at the positive attitude of sick friends
* agreed that throat infections were bad but made even worse with jet lag and mopping
* tried to support TB's mummy when he was very sick
* loved TB more than we thought possible, even without his pantaloons
* talked fashion, and how to tell the difference between two identical leather jackets
* fell in love with Irish wolfhounds...again
* discussed alternatives to washing lines....
* ...and as a result had a short stay in a hot cupboard
* tried to move house...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Good morning and welcome to another thread and the first day of the rest of your life! 😁

Thanks to @happyforest for the thread title.

View attachment 2418496

In the last thread we:
* learnt the power of No!
* learnt how it pays to stay shtum
* travelled to Canada, the Amalfi Coast and Newlyn
* discussed the tribulations of mothers...and thoughtlessness of daughters and granddaughters
* were horrified at the poor behaviour of "friends"
* were uplifted at the positive attitude of sick friends
* agreed that throat infections were bad but made even worse with jet lag and mopping
* tried to support TB's mummy when he was very sick
* loved TB more than we thought possible, even without his pantaloons
* talked fashion, and how to tell the difference between two identical leather jackets
* fell in love with Irish wolfhounds...again
* discussed alternatives to washing lines....
* ...and as a result had a short stay in a hot cupboard
* tried to move house...
Dying here 😂😂😂😂😂 We do cover a lot, don’t we?! Thank you for a wonderful recap, Missy Canthus - you are the best! ❤💪👏🍾🥰 Lots of love to all our members here for the support, humour, company and great friendship. I will be opening my prosecco at 7pm to celebrate our Capitán’s wonderful news and we wish her a wonderful life in her new home. XX
---
After the joke about the Titanic on t’other thread - I thought I’d post this here 😂 Wouldn’t dare post it there!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Speaking of mullets, DH had one when he arrived in the US. Long before I met him, but the pictures are hysterical. He rocked it, bless him, he's just that handsome. But it's given the kids (and me) loads of piss taking mileage. A thick mullet and an English accent. The ladies and tramps fell on their backs. No wonder he never went back to England. 🤪 🤣 🤣 🤣

I couldn't find Prosecco but I did nab a bottle of Chardonnay. (The shortages at the shops are pretty bad here. NO MILK! I repeat, there is no milk!!) But who needs milk when there's a bottle of Chardonnay chilling as I type. DH and I will be raising a toast of happy wishful vibes for @Miscanthus' new adventure. May she feel inspired and safe, and may all the shitpuffins cease and desist in their lagging ways to get her home, once and for all. May her hair appointment exceed her expectations. And may all of you have a wonderful weekend.

Has anyone else had a really weird week? I don't know if it's the moon or what, but everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Work issues, computer issues. Even the library had a glitch. They'd emailed me that a stack of books I'd requested was ready, yet when I arrived they couldn't find any of them. My food delivery app has been glitching, it's been endless.

My mother has also been a trial this week. Endless phone calls where she starts sobbing so dramatically that I feel compelled to stop what I was in the middle of and run over to hers. Only to find her giggling and dancing in the garden with her pup. Dementia maybe? Her emotions turn on a dime, always have. But this week has been brutal.

I am blaming the moon for all our trials this week. Even Wilbur, has zero recall this week. Chase me chase me chase me. 🥴

Last edited:
  • Heart
Speaking of mullets, DH had one when he arrived in the US. Long before I met him, but the pictures are hysterical. He rocked it, bless him, he's just that handsome. But it's given the kids (and me) loads of piss taking mileage. A thick mullet and an English accent. The ladies and tramps fell on their backs. No wonder he never went back to England. 🤪 🤣 🤣 🤣

I couldn't find Prosecco but I did nab a bottle of Chardonnay. (The shortages at the shops are pretty bad here. NO MILK! I repeat, there is no milk!!) But who needs milk when there's a bottle of Chardonnay chilling as I type. DH and I will be raising a toast of happy wishful vibes for @Miscanthus' new adventure. May she feel inspired and safe, and may all the shitpuffins cease and desist in their lagging ways to get her home, once and for all. May her hair appointment exceed her expectations. And may all of you have a wonderful weekend.

Has anyone else had a really weird week? I don't know if it's the moon or what, but everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. Work issues, computer issues. Even the library had a glitch. They'd emailed me that a stack of books I'd requested was ready, yet when I arrived they couldn't find any of them. My food delivery app has been glitching, it's been endless.

My mother has also been a trial this week. Endless phone calls where she starts sobbing so dramatically that I feel compelled to stop what I was in the middle of and run over to hers. Only to find her giggling and dancing in the garden with her pup. Dementia maybe? Her emotions turn on a dime, always have. But this week has been brutal.

I am blaming the moon for all our trials this week. Even Wilbur, has zero recall this week. Chase me chase me chase me. 🥴
With the week you are having, dear heart, raise your glass at UK/Irish local time - lunchtime for you.. you deserve it! ❤🥰🥂🍾

It has indeed been a shocking week - I will let you all know tomorrow why...blame the moon, I agree - did we all have a weird one?

I suspect your DH rocked the mullet - I, however, did most certainly not. XX

• Heart
Oooooh! What a lovely opening to a new thread. Thank you dear Captain.
Also I LOVE Gen Z on the Titanic! More please Havisham.
I loved seeing all the clothes on the last thread and I sooo want to contribute - I will do very soon! I‘ve bought a few nice things fairly recently.

I want to say how much you all helped me when Teddy was ill. I went back over the thread last night and read it all again. It made me quite emotional. I just cant even begin to describe how appreciative I am/was of you ALL! You are the best! Truly. The greatest blessing! I really do love you.

Teddy and I will be logging on here tonight at 7 pm! I will be having a Jack Daniels with loads of ice. I want to join Havisham toasting 🥂 the big move! This will be a glorious new beginning much needed for you dearest @Miscanthus. It will be the best thing! I long to hear how you decorate your new place and I am totally there for you if you want to show us the rooms and colours. THIS is SO up my street! I long to know about the garden. What’s in it and what you’ll change. How many seasons have you seen it in? Do you like the existing planting? Soooo many questions! Soo excited by proxy. 😍😛🤩 This move will allow you to settle again and become you again after all the churning up you have had to undergo in the past few years.

Captain - Did you ever paint the colourful surfboards you took that amazing photo of ( I have been wanting to ask you this and never remembering for yonks)? I would love a little oil painting of them ( after you sort your holiday, the house and the garden out of course).

I will try and post more this weekend.

Luvya all and welcome to our new fabulous thread. 👏👏🦦🦦🦦

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Girls, I will be having a glass of wine at 7pm but first thank you for your lovely comments about the new thread. I'm sure we covered a lot of other topics but those were fresh in my mind!

Update on house. Last night I sent a list of removal companies to my vendor's EA as she had been let down and had no luck with the other companies she had. This morning I sent some more names and one of them said they could move her and are quoting on Monday.
I was hoping we had cracked it but the EA told me there was another problem....We all thought she had a cottage in Cornwall (and family there) but actually she was planning to rent one!!! Seems she had started looking but because the paperwork was taking so long she had stopped. Her stuff is going into storage.
So annoyed that this is new information for everybody....
We haven't exchanged and unless she finds a property we won't!
We are now considering Oct 19/20, when I'm back.
Meanwhile I had a removal company round and can't confirm the date! So embarrassing.

In the meantime my car has been taken to the garage for tomorrow as they need it to be cold before they can start work.
My eye, which seemed better this morning, is worse again.

• Sad
  • Wow

Sorry to hear you’ve had a bad week, we had a 2nd full super blue moon this week which is rare so the energy from that is pretty emotional as it’s in Pisces.
Mercury has also just gone retrograde in Virgo and that won’t post direct until the middle of September so that would explain the mixups in technology and stuff.
This happens 3 to 4 times a year for 3-4 weeks.

Never sign contracts, double check emails, and expect delays as mercury is the ruler of all things technology and communication.

I hope this helps and explains a few things x

• Wow
Girls, I will be having a glass of wine at 7pm but first thank you for your lovely comments about the new thread. I'm sure we covered a lot of other topics but those were fresh in my mind!

Update on house. Last night I sent a list of removal companies to my vendor's EA as she had been let down and had no luck with the other companies she had. This morning I sent some more names and one of them said they could move her and are quoting on Monday.
I was hoping we had cracked it but the EA told me there was another problem....We all thought she had a cottage in Cornwall (and family there) but actually she was planning to rent one!!! Seems she had started looking but because the paperwork was taking so long she had stopped. Her stuff is going into storage.
Meanwhile I had a removal company round and can't confirm the date! So embarrassing.

In the meantime my car has been taken to the garage for tomorrow as they need it to be cold before they can start work.

Naaarrggghhh! Nooooooooo! Aarrrgh! Ok - breathe everyone - breathe..... Her stuff will go into storage - it’s fine 😳😳- Countdown to the fizzy moment ... 3, 2, 1......

Congratulations 🥂🥂🥂!!!! ❤❤❤❤🏠🏡🏘🏚🏘🏡🏠

C3CDE8E4-0DDF-4B96-9169-15FF4CB73130.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I loved seeing all the clothes on the last thread and I sooo want to contribute - I will do very soon! I‘ve bought a few nice things fairly recently.

I want to say how much you all helped me when Teddy was ill. I went back over the thread last night and read it all again. It made me quite emotional. I just cant even begin to describe how appreciative I am/was of you ALL! You are the best! Truly. The greatest blessing! I really do love you.

Teddy and I will be logging on here tonight at 7 pm! I will be having a Jack Daniels with loads of ice. I want to join Havisham toasting 🥂 the big move! This will be a glorious new beginning much needed for you dearest @Miscanthus. It will be the best thing! I long to hear how you decorate your new place and I am totally there for you if you want to show us the rooms and colours. THIS is SO up my street! I long to know about the garden. What’s in it and what you’ll change. How many seasons have you seen it in? Do you like the existing planting? Soooo many questions! Soo excited by proxy. 😍😛🤩 This move will allow you to settle again and become you again after all the churning up you have had to undergo in the past few years.

Captain - Did you ever paint the colourful surfboards you took that amazing photo of ( I have been wanting to ask you this and never remembering for yonks)? I would love a little oil painting of them ( after you sort your holiday, the house and the garden out of course).

I will respond to your post dearest @Oops...

Just need to clear my head. If this goes to end October it will be more than 18 months of marketing, selling and moving from both houses. To think I thought I would be moved by July at latest....
---
Naaarrggghhh! Nooooooooo! Aarrrgh! Ok - breathe everyone - breathe..... Her stuff will go into storage - it’s fine 😳😳- Countdown to the fizzy moment ... 3, 2, 1......

Congratulations 🥂🥂🥂!!!! ❤❤❤❤🏠🏡🏘🏚🏘🏡🏠

View attachment 2419446

Thank you! Cheers 🥂😍🥂😍🥂😍🥂

• Heart

Screenshot_20230902_065637_Instagram.jpg

Not me but it's how I feel!

I, too, would love the fashion discussion to resume... I would love to see what you have bought.

I'm so pleased we were able to help while TB was sick. How is he doing? Is he back to normal or still recovering? 🥰

I'm excited to share my "renovation journey" 🤪 with you..... The house is quite rural and only 35 years old (no interesting features like cellars) and the current owner moved in 15 years ago. There were changes made but I think they predate her and I get the impression she hasn't done anything except maintain it. She's an academic and it seemed quite sparsely furnished.
I really fancied a project, having done a lot to my old house, and as soon as I saw the floor plan and walked in I knew what I wanted to do to it. It has some quirks 😱 but nothing that can't be fixed and also some nice features.
The house is L shaped and the garden wraps round three sides of the house but is not very deep. It's the absolute worst shape for a garden designer but I figured that i should be equipped to do something with it! The rear of the house faces south and the other side faces west, while the third side is north-facing but will be where the utility bits go.
There is absolutely nothing in the garden, bar a camellia and wisteria, worth keeping. I saw the house in March but there is little planting, just a few shrubs and a very ancient apple tree. The academic had some raised veg beds and red currant shrubs, which will go.
There is an ugly concrete path hugging the edge of the house (not uncommon at the time) which is coming up and bizarrely for such a sunny garden there is hardly any paving to sit out but there is decking like a bandstand in the corner! Oh, and there's a brick BBQ "floating" in the middle of the lawn! Nice!

As for art, I haven't had much opportunity since I started packing months ago and am surrounded by boxes but looking forward to moving and setting up my art studio there.

• Heart

This latest spanner in the works .... well, it’s a bit messy and haphazard. I’m back to my original viewpoint, here, which is the EA and her incompetence. Much as you like her - I really cannot understand that this matter wasn’t looked into. There really shouldn’t be surprises of this magnitude holding things up and suspending the process.

My EA had us show evidence of funds from the get-go and my understanding - post-Covid - was that you had to show evidence of funds to view a property. This lady seems to have nowhere to go and, because of that, the contracts are paralysed. I have every sympathy with the lady but, as the saying goes, business is business und schnapps is schnapps!

I think the contracts should be exchanged - a removal company date set - and her family can provide her with accommodation until she finds a home she would like to rent. End of. There are too many loose ends finding their way to your door when it has nothing to do with you. I know I sound harsh but you have too much on your plate to take on these details that are the responsibility of the EA and the other party’s family.

• Heart
This latest spanner in the works .... well, it’s a bit messy and haphazard. I’m back to my original viewpoint, here, which is the EA and her incompetence. Much as you like her - I really cannot understand that this matter wasn’t looked into. There really shouldn’t be surprises of this magnitude holding things up and suspending the process.

My EA had us show evidence of funds from the get-go and my understanding - post-Covid - was that you had to show evidence of funds to view a property. This lady seems to have nowhere to go and, because of that, the contracts are paralysed. I have every sympathy with the lady but, as the saying goes, business is business und schnapps is schnapps!

I think the contracts should be exchanged - a removal company date set - and her family can provide her with accommodation until she finds a home she would like to rent. End of. There are too many loose ends finding their way to your door when it has nothing to do with you. I know I sound harsh but you have too much on your plate to take on these details that are the responsibility of the EA and the other party’s family.
I had a long phone chat with the vendor's EA last night and he was blindsided by her need for 3 weeks between exchange and completion and this latest need to rent. While I am sympathetic, she seems ill prepared and naive with little support from family. When I offered on the house she was staying with her daughter in Cornwall because they discussed my offer.
Maybe she calls her daughter's place her holiday home like I call my sister's place in Devon mine!
We were all under the impression she had a holiday home and family as a back up which only came from her via her EA. This was the basis on which I offered on the house.
I do feel sorry for her as she has been very patient but so have I.
Btw, I had to show evidence of funds before my offer could be formally accepted and anything signed.
I do agree with you. I have found her a removal company...do I have to find her a rental too?
I have had a thought though...she could stay in the house while I'm on holiday! 😁

• Heart
I had a long phone chat with the vendor's EA last night and he was blindsided by her need for 3 weeks between exchange and completion and this latest need to rent. While I am sympathetic, she seems ill prepared and naive with little support from family. When I offered on the house she was staying with her daughter in Cornwall because they discussed my offer.
Maybe she calls her daughter's place her holiday home like I call my sister's place in Devon mine!
We were all under the impression she had a holiday home and family as a back up which only came from her via her EA. This was the basis on which I offered on the house.
I do feel sorry for her as she has been very patient but so have I.
Btw, I had to show evidence of funds before my offer could be formally accepted and anything signed.
I do agree with you. I have found her a removal company...do I have to find her a rental too?
I have had a thought though...she could stay in the house while I'm on holiday! 😁
She could stay in the house while you’re on holiday but only if there is a bulletproof contract that stipulates she is OUT on return! Otherwise, you might end up with a roommate!

How is your eye? This is stress related and it’s unfair on you. I am firmly in your corner here, and enough is enough. You have been more than patient - now is the time to put your foot down and tell the EA that firm dates and plans need to be finalised or this lady will - possibly unintentionally - run rings around everyone.

You are going to have to be firm and state that you have too many commitments that prevent any further flexibility.
---
I’m actually trying to renew House insurance and Car insurance this morning and it is proving impossible. Why oh why is it so time consuming? The car insurance stalls because I’m supposed to follow the credit card verification which has not been sent to my phone 😡 and the house insurance site has spent the last twenty minutes with the hourglass timer thingy going absolutely nowhere. A wasted morning on bureacratic lunacy. 😡😡😡😡

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
She could stay in the house while you’re on holiday but only if there is a bulletproof contract that stipulates she is OUT on return! Otherwise, you might end up with a roommate!

How is your eye? This is stress related and it’s unfair on you. I am firmly in your corner here, and enough is enough. You have been more than patient - now is the time to put your foot down and tell the EA that firm dates and plans need to be finalised or this lady will - possibly unintentionally - run rings around everyone.

You are going to have to be firm and state that you have too many commitments that prevent any further flexibility.
---
I’m actually trying to renew House insurance and Car insurance this morning and it is proving impossible. Why oh why is it so time consuming? The car insurance stalls because I’m supposed to follow the credit card verification which has not been sent to my phone 😡and the house insurance site has spent the last twenty minutes with the hourglass timer thingy going absolutely nowhere. A wasted morning on bureacratic lunacy. 😡😡😡😡
My eye feels a bit better at the moment but yesterday it did then got worse again through the day. I'm digging up the garden so forgot about it for a while!
Yup...try moving house. It's so frustrating waiting on phones, passwords, verifications, etc
Modern life is so flopping difficult!

• Heart
My eye feels a bit better at the moment but yesterday it did then got worse again through the day. I'm digging up the garden so forgot about it for a while!
Yup...try moving house. It's so frustrating waiting on phones, passwords, verifications, etc
Modern life is so flopping difficult!
It is. I’ve spent the whole morning on this and didn’t manage to renew either. Glad your eye is a little better - fingers crossed. X

• Heart
It is. I’ve spent the whole morning on this and didn’t manage to renew either. Glad your eye is a little better - fingers crossed. X
Thank you xx
I just moved my house and contents insurance to new address (twice as much 🤪) and got through immediately...nearly fell off my perch.
Just got my car back...450 pounds...yikes....

• Wow
Thank you xx
I just moved my house and contents insurance to new address (twice as much 🤪) and got through immediately...nearly fell off my perch.
Just got my car back...450 pounds...yikes....
Blimey - it all adds up, doesn’t it? 🥵

I can’t get through to either company as they are Mon-Fri only. I managed to pay an etoll penalty and that’s about it. My car key has disappeared so I can’t go anywhere. What a flopping day.

• Sad
  • Wow
Blimey - it all adds up, doesn’t it? 🥵

I can’t get through to either company as they are Mon-Fri only. I managed to pay an etoll penalty and that’s about it. My car key has disappeared so I can’t go anywhere. What a flopping day.
I lost my car key yesterday, went to get spares then realised I had put a jacket on in the morning to go to the car because it was raining....the key was in the pocket. Hope your day improves xx

• Haha
I lost my car key yesterday, went to get spares then realised I had put a jacket on in the morning to go to the car because it was raining....the key was in the pocket. Hope your day improves xx
I searched the house top to bottom. I went through every possible bag and.... like you... found it in a jacket pocket 😂

• Haha
I would love to hear about your new purchases @Oops.

@happyforest and her DH are the epitome of taste and style - of the same mind completely- whether about parenting or accessories.

I know our Capitán follows Jess on YT so I kind of think she is very French and classic in her style - gorgeous.

@Oops is a classic and very particular dresser with an injection of fun with her exquisite accessories.

I could be wrong but this is how I think of you all, ❤❤

I’m so crazy about fashion. I have had to look towards budget versions over the last few years, though, for many reasons. One - I honestly don’t have the social life to warrant the purchases and, secondly, I really have to reign in the expenditure. I still find it so exciting, though, the thrill of autumn in particular! The look books, the edits, the magazines aaaarrrggh it’t too much!

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.