Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xaannaa

Screenshot_2021-09-11-19-13-53-454_com.instagram.android.jpg

bestie i'm pretty sure your body type is already normalised? And contorting your body to make it look bigger for a body positivity post isn't the activism you think it is x

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 86

fwooper

VIP Member
Looks like poor critical thinking skills run in the family 🤡
Thank god we have posh white boys to act as the ultimate arbiters of determining what's racist and what's not. I would've thought a man who thinks white privilege is a "Marxist lie", that islamophobia is “a word created by fascists" and that “the idea that women were oppressed throughout history is an appalling theory” might be a bit of a racist and a sexist. Apparently not according to this genius.

Also lol @ his response, he definitely got out the thesaurus to craft that word salad. "men and women have been exposed to different stimuli which has shaped the two facets of our species" ???

• Haha
Reactions: 66

peterbread

You know I wonder if shes still friends with Eve B.
Eve indirected her in a video saying that it was unfair that she couldn’t study in Berlin when it was required for her degree whilst some other youtubers were abroad when they didn’t even need to be for their course. She was right tbf.

• Haha
Reactions: 58

slamvs27

VIP Member
She said having 3 roommates was draining and she couldn’t film YouTube videos with roommates. More like she’s hoping Niklas will come over
When her Notion journal page got leaked and she wrote "Niklas...marriage???"
#neverforget

• Haha
  • Sick

meweme

IMG_20211222_205849.jpg

I'm not sure this even qualifies as 'humble' bragging anymore. Isn't "only I" supposed to be followed by something 'quirky' (I hate this word, but I'm lacking a better one, so please forgive me) to seem relatable? Like "only I could get lost at the supermarket" or "only I could manage to loose my keys twice a week"? Not "only I - the one and only Jade Bowler - am the most special people person ever to wander this earth".

And also: Just let people do their fucking jobs without 'befriending' them. They just work. Work to get stupid idiots like you across the globe while we're in the mids of a goddamn pandemic. I just hate her.

• Sick

fwooper

VIP Member
I'm sorry but to me she's definitely not conventionally attractive nor conventionally skinny (and when saying that I don't mean to body shame anyone - while she does sometimes exaggerate and force it in general, currently she's not a typical thin person). It pisses me off that so many people nowadays are gatekeeping body positivity just because a white (how dare she :rolleyes:) woman doesn't feel 100% confident and wants to participate. It's super fucked up - and it's not just about Jade (whom I super dislike so it's not meant to white knight) but in general. If we want to be so proper, I'd say body positivity should be about birth deformations, people after accidents or illnesses not about race.
I think it's pretty clear people aren't saying that Jade shouldn't participate in the body positivity movement, of course she can. What people have a gripe with is "body positivity" content where people contort themselves into unnatural positions or squeeze their stomach fat for photos, resulting in poses which don't represent what they normally look like. I have no idea how content like that is conducive to the movement or helpful for anyone.

And you can say body positivity isn't about race, but at the end of the day the body positivity movement was literally founded by black women to protest against fatphobia (which disproportionately affects black women). Pretending the body positivity movement isn't about race is erasing its history. And because that's how the movement was founded, it's understandable that people might feel exasperated that body positivity content has been mainstreamed and watered down into mainly featuring white, not too fat, attractive bodies, which is disconnected from the movement's original purpose so that it can be palatable. And even more exasperating when you have those people contorting their spine so that they can create 'flaws' that might not exist in the first place.

• Heart

meweme

Okay, re: her newest Instagram stories:

1. How can any of those Minerva-fuckheads even dare to participate in a climate strike?!?
2. How is "hope" or "love the earth" the fucking answer to the climate crisis?!? You can't casual magic the climate crisis away.

Goooood, just a little bit of brain for them to share would have been enough.

• Angry
Reactions: 56

beaki167

Okay, re: her newest Instagram stories:

1. How can any of those Minerva-fuckheads even dare to participate in a climate strike?!?
2. How is "hope" or "love the earth" the fucking answer to the climate crisis?!? You can't casual magic the climate crisis away.

Goooood, just a little bit of brain for them to share would have been enough.
at the climare strike, I saw (what I assume was) Jade‘s friend with the "hope" sign and a few metres next to them was a person with a proper sign that said "hope does not equal action“ and let me tell you I was wheezing

• Haha
Reactions: 54

katekate98

I'm so exhausted of Jade acting like Minerva is the HARDEST SCHOOL EVER. From her newest video:

"Rather than having a lecture, we have 90 minute classes like a tutorial, where I am expected to do all the teaching and reading myself before the class."

So, a seminar??? You're talking about a seminar, sweetie. The main form of teaching at small liberal arts colleges, of which there are hundreds in the United States alone? I'm not British but I presume that (like large research universities in the US), most students in the UK also participate in upper level seminars in the latter years of their course?

I just think it's hilarious that she seems to think Minerva is so special and rigorous because she has seminars. That is literally the norm, at least where I'm from...

• Haha
Reactions: 54

Idkwhy123

Her saying (on her igstories) that apartheid is ‘v v problematic’ is so fucking rude??? Like it’s not problematic, it’s inhumane. Using internet slang to explain something so horrible, is just weird

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 50

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I'm deeply uncomfortable with the turn this thread has taken lol.

Discussing sex is fine, discussing Jade is also fine...but really don't want to combine the two. :eek:😅

• Haha

xaannaa

In her takeover of Zoella's instagram story, she said she was studying cognitive neuroscience (left out the business, and cognitive neuroscience is not her major, she is majoring in social science) and posted a picture of a tram saying she was heading to university! How misleading.
I've just had a look and it's like she intentionally left out minerva and her social science degree? Like "I'm studying in Berlin" (specifically not saying something like "currently studying in Berlin"), then showing her morning routine and then saying she was "heading to university" makes it seem like she is studying cognitive neuroscience at a regular uni in Berlin, when really she is doing a weird indefinable major at a scam online uni for rich kids lol

• Angry

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Her obsession with ethnicity / race / cultural identity / nationality goes beyond normal curiosity, it’s fucking weird.

• Sick
Reactions: 49

lemonlime

VIP Member
That face is begging for a punch. Jade, you're not a neuroscientist and this isn't the fucking 1800s. Sadness isn't beautiful, pretending to be sad might be perceived as beautiful by idiots like you who just want some melancholic ✨ vibes ✨ to spice up their hollow days. For the rest of us who don't perch on the windowsills, sip coffee and stare outside the window while it rains, being sad and/or depressed is quite debilitating. I wish she would get cancelled already, cannot stand her stupid, uneducated opinions and smug face.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

dddddaaa1

In her takeover of Zoella's instagram story, she said she was studying cognitive neuroscience (left out the business, and cognitive neuroscience is not her major, she is majoring in social science) and posted a picture of a tram saying she was heading to university! How misleading.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 48