Unjaded Jade #11 Find her book on the clearance shelf, discover the casual magic of privilege &wealth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @charlobster, thank you! Had to shorten it so it would fit, hope that's alright :)

Nobody else has created a new thread, right? I hope this works, I've never made one!

Recap:
Jade is in Berlin, her book contains no actual advice and has terrible writing, Minerva is still a joke and she's still obsessed with ✨ casual magic ✨

(I'm not good at summaries, so feel free to add to this)

Reactions: 20
Buy airpods and macbooks to pay for her rent ✨

I wonder when she's moving in or if she has already done so and just hasn't said anything?

Reactions: 18
Screenshot_2021-09-11-19-13-53-454_com.instagram.android.jpg

bestie i'm pretty sure your body type is already normalised? And contorting your body to make it look bigger for a body positivity post isn't the activism you think it is x

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 86
In her latest vlog she keeps talking about how much work and how hard Minerva is... Jade that’s like every uni? We all have quizzes, readings, essays, practice papers to do each week??
We have full or part time jobs, care for relatives or siblings, need to make a living too?

she makes it sound like Minerva is the hardest uni in the world...

Reactions: 42
View attachment 758086
bestie i'm pretty sure your body type is already normalised? And contorting your body to make it look bigger for a body positivity post isn't the activism you think it is x
came here to post the same screenshot. She’s the absolute worst for these types of posts. We can literally see you slouching over. So bleeping annoying for people who have struggled with body image in the past and just in general!! God I can’t believe I used to like this girl

Reactions: 27
"last year the city was in lockdown and the concept of gathering over food was foreign" guys did she not vlog lunch gatherings with her minervans also didn't her notion diary mention having lunch /dinner at niklaas house with his parents? Am I imagining things

• Sad
Reactions: 45
minerva doesn't even have a cognitive neuroscience major... just social science

and she said business helps her for youtube. she probably wants to do youtube as long as she can

for some reason, i enjoyed her last vlog

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
minerva doesn't even have a cognitive neuroscience major... just social science
I don't understand her degree at all, she says she's doing a liberal arts degree and you carve your major as you go so she's going to end up as a neuroscience and business double major... but neither of those are liberal arts (I think? Business might be? idk?)

This is the most miniscule thing but I'm also vaguely annoyed at how obnoxious it is that she chose Berlin City Girl for the background music, it's like only choosing BTS and BlackPink for Seoul all over again, except even more on the nose...

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
In her latest vlog she keeps talking about how much work and how hard Minerva is... Jade that’s like every uni? We all have quizzes, readings, essays, practice papers to do each week??
We have full or part time jobs, care for relatives or siblings, need to make a living too?

she makes it sound like Minerva is the hardest uni in the world...
I’d love for her to do a whole day/study vlog just to see what she actually does within a day

She'd probably give herself more work than normal, but since she hardly knows what an average uni day looks like it would probably be funny

Reactions: 14
In the US, the liberal arts model is basically just trying out a bunch of courses instead of picking one subject from the start. And I think some places force you to do courses in particular things.

Reactions: 7
View attachment 758086
I've said this before, but this constant "let's normalise this body type" may make people who have a similar body type to Jade think "why does it need to be normalised? is there something abnormal about it currently?"

Reactions: 42
Jade is conventionally attractive, all she’s doing with her “body positivity” is making other people feel even more self conscious

Reactions: 29
As someone who has somewhat of a similar body to her (I.e. the belly), back in the day, I found it empowering that there were other people out there with the same body type after being exposed to mostly people with a flat stomach for a whole. Even with a so called conventionally attractive body type, with the belly and being quite petite I was called pregnant in my late teens and body shamed by people for it (of course not as much as what is faced by those with bigger bodies but it still ruined my self confidence). She actually empowered me to wear what I want to wear back then and made me realise that you should just wear whatever the duck you want

Reactions: 10
As someone who has somewhat of a similar body to her (I.e. the belly), back in the day, I found it empowering that there were other people out there with the same body type after being exposed to mostly people with a flat stomach for a whole. Even with a so called conventionally attractive body type, with the belly and being quite petite I was called pregnant in my late teens and body shamed by people for it (of course not as much as what is faced by those with bigger bodies but it still ruined my self confidence). She actually empowered me to wear what I want to wear back then and made me realise that you should just wear whatever the duck you want
I get this, but when she has to try so hard to contort her body into what mine is like naturally, it doesn’t help. I like seeing her wearing clothes that show her belly etc, but not this forced “body positivity”

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I am glad she helped you with your body image and empowered you. Really. I think what people are trying to say that having conventionally attractive, white, Eurocentric , thin women talk about body positivity and trying to contort their body to look "fat" "curvy" or "unconventional" is tone deaf. The message is good, yet, the delivery falls short. It makes no sense for her to do that. It would make more sense for a fat content creator to share the message and they would not need to contort their body to look fat or something.

I don't understand her degree at all, she says she's doing a liberal arts degree and you carve your major as you go so she's going to end up as a neuroscience and business double major... but neither of those are liberal arts (I think? Business might be? idk?)

This is the most miniscule thing but I'm also vaguely annoyed at how obnoxious it is that she chose Berlin City Girl for the background music, it's like only choosing BTS and BlackPink for Seoul all over again, except even more on the nose...
I am so confused by Minerva in general. I've tried to navigate their website and see what their actual degrees are and there is no explanation as to what you can study or how their majors work...

Reactions: 21
I am glad she helped you with your body image and empowered you. Really. I think what people are trying to say that having conventionally attractive, white, Eurocentric , thin women talk about body positivity and trying to contort their body to look "fat" "curvy" or "unconventional" is tone deaf. The message is good, yet, the delivery falls short. It makes no sense for her to do that. It would make more sense for a fat content creator to share the message and they would not need to contort their body to look fat or something.

I am so confused by Minerva in general. I've tried to navigate their website and see what their actual degrees are and there is no explanation as to what you can study or how their majors work...
Their website doesn't feel like an actual University website! i've just gone through the process of applying to my masters which has lead me to to shovel through tens of university websites in australia - even open/online universities and yet Minerva just feels like maybe a private high schools website? lol

Reactions: 13
Anyone clock what her mum said in her leaving video…. Go hug some trees Jade…..

• Haha
Reactions: 2

I'm sorry but to me she's definitely not conventionally attractive nor conventionally skinny (and when saying that I don't mean to body shame anyone - while she does sometimes exaggerate and force it in general, currently she's not a typical thin person). It pisses me off that so many people nowadays are gatekeeping body positivity just because a white (how dare she :rolleyes:) woman doesn't feel 100% confident and wants to participate. It's super fucked up - and it's not just about Jade (whom I super dislike so it's not meant to white knight) but in general. If we want to be so proper, I'd say body positivity should be about birth deformations, people after accidents or illnesses not about race.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.