Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Ukraine has managed to find the time and resources to set up a website and Telegram channel, enabling Russians to track down their dead and injured soldiers. Zelenskyy obviously cares more about the Russian troops than Putin does.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

AladdinSane

VIP Member
Just such a waste of life. All to prop up one man's ego/beliefs. If he had anything about him, Putin would be fighting with his troops, not leaving them to die in a war that no one wanted.

I'm always so relieved when I wake up to see Ukraine has survived another night. Their strength is just incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Silverback

VIP Member
Can’t stop thinking about the people of Ukraine. Read about a family getting shot to death by Russian soldiers- the grandparents, mum and two kids including a 6 week old baby. I just can’t get my head around what the hell is going on.

How is this going to end? When will it end? It seems to me like the whole world will be at war in a matter of weeks.

sorry for the doom. Traumatised by reading about that family.

• Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
Whoever this tory is they win best dressed today in the commons! Although the tories do have the blue advantage

Screenshot 2022-03-02 12.34.04.png

Looks a bit like jackie weaver.

• Haha

throwawayorwillistay

Chatty Member
Thank you. My guess would have been some sort of bunker. Maybe the mountains will calm his mind a bit 🥴

I would love to see the underground/bunker provisions he has. And the Americans. I bet they are insane.
All the more reason why his people will turn on him. Why do he and his family get to hide away in a bunker while everyone else fights his war? Not to mention how is his army will react when their families back home are starving because the Russian economy is collapsing.

And say there is an all out nuclear war (which is highly unlikely) - is his family just going to remain in the bunker for next 20,000+ years until the radiation subsides? And that's only if the nuclear winter doesn't kill them first.

If that happens, I would rather be taken out with everyone else - stuff living in a nuclear holocaust.

Reactions: 31

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
My mother was “awake”. She was so toxic to be around and as I said previously I’ve had anxiety for years, she really fuelled that. The last time I saw her she had a baseball bat by her door for “when they come and forcefully vaccinate you”. She was a complete paranoid wreck, got a generator and all sorts of survival equipment. I dread to think what she’s doing now, thankfully I’m protected by a restraining order, but those types are people are so incredibly toxic to anyone’s rational mind.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Ding

VIP Member
We've stopped having the news on now. My partner suffers from MH problems and things like this can really get to him. He was getting far to engrossed into it and couldn't think of anything else so we dont watch now. Even I, have felt SO much better today for it.
We are not been ignorant to the situation, and I dip in and out of this thread but it had to be done.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I'm not usually a fan of colouring things in because it doesn't feel like it's actually doing anything. But the Cambridge couple that have visited Ukraine for fertility services who have painted their house in solidarity is nice

View attachment 1097565

(although I do want to take my weed burner round for the ones touching the bricks and sort out the messy bits of the paintwork 😬)
i feel awful saying it but screams “we want our 5 min of fame”

and it was due a bit of an upkeep anyway 😐 they’d be better off working on the curtains and garden.

• Haha

Penguinfeet

Just a quick thank you to everyone on these threads - 2 days ago I was panicking and doom scrolling and getting nowhere. Reading these threads has helped me clear my head and feel like there are some rational people in the world who can discuss this and that I can learn from without scaring the shit out of me. I'm still worried but I have a better grip on it now thanks to all you nasty tattle trolls :D

• Heart
  • Haha

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Do we think he really cares about the sanctions?
If he stops all of this now, do they get lifted? What would happen?
Well all of his friends rely on him for their money, and most of their businesses, money and luxuries are outside of Russia. So yes, even if it does not matter to him, his friends will get fed up soon.

Dawn Dayn

VIP Member
Here's the Cabbage-in-chief saying Iranian instead of Ukrainian, and Kamala Harris mouthing Ukrainian. I'm sure the state of Biden played a part in Putin's thinking.

• Wow
  • Haha

Penguinfeet

I am so sick and tired of hearing 'but no one cared when it was X/Y country'. Why does everything have to be a battle with the woke brigade? I'm genuinely sick to the back teeth of it.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Imagine living in a country where you can't even lay flowers in memory of lives lost. We take our freedoms for granted so much.

• Angry
  • Sad

Happy Lady

VIP Member
My friend and I are volunteering to help in some way. Yesterday I spoke to The British Red Cross, who are working on this. As of yesterday they had received over £8million which they will send over to the Ukrainian Red Cross, Polish Red Cross and Hungarian Red Cross. They are yet to set up the organisation for receiving, sorting and distributing donations of clothing, food, etc.

Meanwhile on the local 6pm TV news, it was reported (remember it was only day 6) that a village had got together to ask for provisions. A farmer let them use one of his barns for storage. Local people sorted through food, baby formula, nappies, dog food, sanitary items, etc - boxed it up and FILLED a huge lorry (looked like the farmer's cattle transporter) which set off. Brilliant, absolutely fantastic.

• Heart

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
I don’t watch or read BBC news for the simple fact that they’ve been dishonest and failed to report news about Palestine, Covid protests etc.
I know some people don't trust the BBC but I have so much respect and admiration for the journalists who are out there on the ground right now. Clive Myrie, Lyse Doucet, Orla Guerin are three names off the top of my head that I've seen. All of them putting themselves in genuine harms way to show what is happening. I think it is extremely courageous and we're lucky to have such people and after this is all over I think they deserve recognition.