UK short breaks for a single girl 🤷🏻‍♀️

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been so down and grumpy lately and I think I need a holiday/break of some kind before I have a breakdown - the only catch is that I have no money and nobody to go with.

I’m thinking about doing a 1/2 night trip somewhere in the UK where I can go for a wander and have a nice couple of days by myself.

Has anyone done this before, or have any tips on what to do or where to go?

I’m in north Oxfordshire so I could go any direction really. Would like to go to a beach but the weather is so rubbish at the moment, so maybe a little town with some nice shops and cafes? I really don’t know where to start - please help!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I used to live in Shrewsbury in Shropshire about 5 years ago which has quite a quaint medieval/Tudor vibe with some nice little independent shops in the town centre and a nice park which the river Severn runs through.When I lived there I really enjoyed wandering around the town at the weekend.

I'm also single and I think this sounds like a lovely idea to visit a new place on my own and explore somewhere different without needing anyone else to be there.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been so down and grumpy lately and I think I need a holiday/break of some kind before I have a breakdown - the only catch is that I have no money and nobody to go with.

I’m thinking about doing a 1/2 night trip somewhere in the UK where I can go for a wander and have a nice couple of days by myself.

Has anyone done this before, or have any tips on what to do or where to go?

I’m in north Oxfordshire so I could go any direction really. Would like to go to a beach but the weather is so rubbish at the moment, so maybe a little town with some nice shops and cafes? I really don’t know where to start - please help!
For me I'd go lake district for the walks or maybe towards Wales? :)

I second wales. Tenby is the best of both worlds, beach and town and it’s not to far from other things

Try Norwich! Everywhere is walkable and it’s easy to blend in if you are alone. Lots of places to eat and drink. Very chilled vibe. Absolutely love that city. But if you want to be closer to home because of cost, I’d agree with everyone and go to Wales.

I go on little trips like this a lot. I normally do a bit of a reversal decision making though and choose based on accommodation rather than location. I always like to find somewhere with a pool - this needn't be mega expensive especially midweek - not necessarily a spa, something like a Crowne Plaza or a cheap Hilton etc. I like going in at the end of a day walking and before breakfast, it's a lovely thing to do on your own and gives you a good option if the weather is bad. Ideal if there's a little steam room too.

What about Chester?
Has history, boat trip, Chester zoo etc. Can get to Manchester/Liverpool easily on train. The Wirral is close for a beach if wanted, you can get the train there as well, I’m just not sure how close the station is to the beach. Or can get to north wales (Llandudno) for a beach via train.

I used to live in York at uni, really lovely city but it feels very safe and is small so easily walkable. Could easily combine going to Whitby for the coast as well! Or the Lake District is BEAUTIFUL if you fancy more of a hiking holiday. Would be so relaxing and peaceful there too!

Last year I went to Oxford for 2 nights. I'm from Belfast so got a flight one afternoon and went to a few bars after I'd left my bag in the hotel. Then went back to the hotel and chilled. The next day I spent it shopping, sightseeing, and a few bars - i spent ages by one at the river as i was such a nice day. Took myself for lovely food and a cocktail in the alchemist. I had a brilliant time. It was so feel good.