Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cosmo girl

VIP Member
Anyone with Netflix, Hinterland is worth a watch. It’s set in West Wales, police/murder investigation type show. There’s a welsh language version of it too for any Welsh speakers out there
I remember watching Hidden which was a very good TV crime drama. That was set in wales. Can't find that anymore. I think it was on BBC Wales?

keytotruth

VIP Member
Its older but the tunnel it was on sky 1 if still available somewhere to watch as good

I sit and gonthrough BBC iplayer but think I've seen them all now waiting on new ones

littlepup

VIP Member
I’m 40 and never heard of this case so bit of a discovery for me. In some parts it reminds me of Fred and Rose West, but I’m from Gloucester, I remember the story breaking when I was a teen.
Yes sorry, perhaps I was being a bit short sighted. We knew a lot about it due to it being close to home as it were. So it’s more geographic than age, and of course personal interest

Last edited:

Jac40

Disaprue is good. I found it on BBC4 on iplayer. It's in French.
Ooooo I’ll give that a look, I always find the world dramas bbc 4 put on are very good. I remember few years ago watching a Spanish one where a girl goes missing, but can’t for the life of me remember what is was called.

We just watched the second series of Mystery Road. It’s Australian and we downloaded it from BBC iplayer - it doesn’t really matter if you haven’t seen the first series, there’s not a lot you’d miss, although the first series was also very good. Apparently there are 2 films which precede the series but I haven’t been able to pick them up. I love all the Scandi Noir series. Someone mentioned “Disparue” up thread, that was really good too. If you don’t like subtitles though, probably not so good!

Jac40

Love Mindhunter, especially after spotting Jonathan Groff as King George in Hamilton :)
I've seen La Mante, it was very good!

Frozen Ground is on my list so may give that a watch. Have seen Line of Duty but not Luther. Have read some Wallander books so TV show sounds decent.
I’m just starting Wallander, don’t know how I’ve missed it

Tui

VIP Member
Mindhunter on Netflix. All about criminal profiling and based on true cases. I really enjoyed it.
Also just finished The Bridge on iplayer, scandinoir, again really enjoyed it.
On Netflix film wise I watched a few thrillers,
1- Prisoners, psychological thriller with Jake Gyllenhaal and High Jackman. 2 - The life of David Gale, about death penalty, stars Kevin Spacey and Kate Winslet. And thirdly The Frozen Ground, serial killer and based on true story, starring John Cusack and Nichols Cage (he’s actually V good in this)

edit forgot to add On Netflix La Mante Is v good too, French crime drama based on copycat murders
Love Mindhunter, especially after spotting Jonathan Groff as King George in Hamilton :)
I've seen La Mante, it was very good!

Frozen Ground is on my list so may give that a watch. Have seen Line of Duty but not Luther. Have read some Wallander books so TV show sounds decent.