TV crime/thriller series (fiction)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for mentioning black spot, I love world cinema/tv and love French stuff so I’ll give that one a go. I don’t have sky so can’t watch the tunnel but I loved the bridge, think it’s still on iplayer

Reactions: 1
Another vote for The Tunnel. Best thing I’ve ever watched. Was late to the party and only E1 of S2 as there was nothing else on and after 10 minutes I was addicted!!! Sat and watched S3 in one go when it was released and cried like a baby.

Reactions: 2
Another vote for The Tunnel. Best thing I’ve ever watched. Was late to the party and only E1 of S2 as there was nothing else on and after 10 minutes I was addicted!!! Sat and watched S3 in one go when it was released and cried like a baby.
There's this scene in the final episode where....

Karl walks into the French police room and gets hugged by Phillippe. He then takes this little step back to compose himself and carries on walking. It's just such a perfect scene. In fact, there are so many scenes in that final episode that get me but that one in particular very single time. I cried like a baby too

I've never seen Stephen Dillane in anything before - now, I just want to see him in everything. What a fantastic actor. There are just so many little scenes with Karl and Elise that I adore - it's their relationship that drove The Tunnel, not really the crimes they were investigating in my opinion. Oh, I just loved it.

Thanks for mentioning black spot, I love world cinema/tv and love French stuff so I’ll give that one a go. I don’t have sky so can’t watch the tunnel but I loved the bridge, think it’s still on iplayer
I'd recommend Into The Night as well on Netflix which is Belgian - that came out earlier this year. It's more drama/sci fi but still really good. Second season has been ordered.

Lots of good ones mentioned here like True Detective, Mindhunter, The Sinner (season 1)

I also love Manhunt Unabomber - focuses on the capturing of the unabomber in the US.

Sharp Objects is good; dark psychological thriller, based off the book by Gillian Flynn (she also wrote Gone Girl).

Reactions: 3
Has anyone been watching Des on itv?
Really good so far... I’m not really sure what they can do with it, other than show off their acting talent. Unless people aren’t familiar with the case but I’d expect anyone over 40 would be and I don’t think it’s really aimed at the 20 somethings.

I’m a 20 something and love it lol. All of the 40 somethings I work with love it too, but they had never actually heard of the case which I was quite surprised at as I knew it in depth. My mum had never heard of it either

Reactions: 4
I’m a 20 something and love it lol. All of the 40 somethings I work with love it too, but they had never actually heard of the case which I was quite surprised at as I knew it in depth. My mum had never heard of it either
I’m 40 and never heard of this case so bit of a discovery for me. In some parts it reminds me of Fred and Rose West, but I’m from Gloucester, I remember the story breaking when I was a teen.

I’m 40 and never heard of this case so bit of a discovery for me. In some parts it reminds me of Fred and Rose West, but I’m from Gloucester, I remember the story breaking when I was a teen.
Yes sorry, perhaps I was being a bit short sighted. We knew a lot about it due to it being close to home as it were. So it’s more geographic than age, and of course personal interest

Last edited:
Disaprue is good. I found it on BBC4 on iplayer. It's in French.
Ooooo I’ll give that a look, I always find the world dramas bbc 4 put on are very good. I remember few years ago watching a Spanish one where a girl goes missing, but can’t for the life of me remember what is was called.

Ooooo I’ll give that a look, I always find the world dramas bbc 4 put on are very good. I remember few years ago watching a Spanish one where a girl goes missing, but can’t for the life of me remember what is was called.
this is about a girl going missing too.

The Sinner (season 1) is amazing. Really hooks you in.
Line of Duty
Doctor Foster
I got about 4 episodes in to the fall and gave up.. Can't get on with it.
I am watching The sinner at the moment. Really good. Everything you've listed I enjoyed watching. Can't believe you gave up on The Fall. I would go back to it...
I enjoyed The Missing that had me hooked. The Missing second series was brilliant.

Im watching The Fall just now and love it! Gillian Anderson is so good in it and Jamie Dornan too

Reactions: 2
I've started watching Dirty John series 1. I am shocked this is based on a true story. Just Wow!!