Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gossboss14

VIP Member
Really good so far... I’m not really sure what they can do with it, other than show off their acting talent. Unless people aren’t familiar with the case but I’d expect anyone over 40 would be and I don’t think it’s really aimed at the 20 somethings.
I’m a 20 something and love it lol. All of the 40 somethings I work with love it too, but they had never actually heard of the case which I was quite surprised at as I knew it in depth. My mum had never heard of it either

Reactions: 4

littlepup

VIP Member
The Killing (USA Version), Safe, The Stranger were all good. Another vote for Happy Valley too.
Less dark and more ‘entertaining’, But based on non-fiction true crime, The assignation of Gianni Versace is one of the best things I’ve seen on TV in years.

Reactions: 4

RumNCoke

Chatty Member
The Sinner (season 1) is amazing. Really hooks you in.
Line of Duty
Doctor Foster
I got about 4 episodes in to the fall and gave up.. Can't get on with it.

Reactions: 3

Jac40

Mindhunter on Netflix. All about criminal profiling and based on true cases. I really enjoyed it.
Also just finished The Bridge on iplayer, scandinoir, again really enjoyed it.
On Netflix film wise I watched a few thrillers,
1- Prisoners, psychological thriller with Jake Gyllenhaal and High Jackman. 2 - The life of David Gale, about death penalty, stars Kevin Spacey and Kate Winslet. And thirdly The Frozen Ground, serial killer and based on true story, starring John Cusack and Nichols Cage (he’s actually V good in this)

edit forgot to add On Netflix La Mante Is v good too, French crime drama based on copycat murders

whatsmynameagain

Not Netflix recommendations but just in case you run out of other shows on there I'd recommend from Amazon (you do have to pay but you could get 1 of each if you fancy them and see what you think).

Wallander (not the Kenneth Branagh version - the original Swedish version) It's fabulous. Krister Henriksson is amazing as Wallander and the earlier series with Johanna Sällström as his daughter are so brilliant (such a sad story with Johanna) though I liked them all. It was the first foreign series I fell in love with (And I loved Spiral and the original The Killing too after) Each episode is feature length.

I really enjoyed Traces as well which is much more recent and was a book adaption (which includes Martin Compston of Line of Duty fame though he's not the principal character at all).

I just checked and Whitechapel is on Netflix - a detective programme from years ago so you may have seen it. I quite enjoyed it. Rupert Penry-Jones and Phil Davis. Oh and just seeing on Netflix about State of Play (film version) reminded me of the amazing tv series originally with John Simm. It is 'available' online. About a newspaper investigating the death of a political researcher. (you may have seen it too but ah it was brill). Anyway, sorry for the waffle. 🤦‍♀️

eta: I just noticed there's a programme called Young Wallander on netflix and it's from sweden so I'm so excited to watch and thought would mention it.

Last edited:

mcfeez

VIP Member
Lots of good ones mentioned here like True Detective, Mindhunter, The Sinner (season 1)

I also love Manhunt Unabomber - focuses on the capturing of the unabomber in the US.

Sharp Objects is good; dark psychological thriller, based off the book by Gillian Flynn (she also wrote Gone Girl).

Tui

VIP Member
Recommend:

True Detective (season 1) it’s bloody brilliant. Liar (was on ITV)

ETA: Sorry just realised you were specifically asking for Netflix recommendations!!!! My bad!!!!
Is Liar the one with Ioan Gruffudd? I enjoyed the first season but the second was unwatchable and couldn’t feel any empathy for the main character 🤦🏻‍♀️ Will take a look at True Detective though!

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Another vote for The Tunnel. Best thing I’ve ever watched. Was late to the party and only E1 of S2 as there was nothing else on and after 10 minutes I was addicted!!! Sat and watched S3 in one go when it was released and cried like a baby.

Reactions: 2

Tui

VIP Member
Just started watching Unbelievable on Netflix, first episode but seems like it will be pretty good!!

Reactions: 2

Tui

VIP Member
Anyone with Netflix, Hinterland is worth a watch. It’s set in West Wales, police/murder investigation type show. There’s a welsh language version of it too for any Welsh speakers out there

Reactions: 1

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Evil lives here new series on investigation discovery Thursdays,last night the daughter of Betty Lou Beets (who was executed in Texas) talking about horrendous childhood and her mother.

Reactions: 1