TTC #8 A great adventure is about to begin…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread everyone!

There were no title suggestions in the previous thread so I hope you’ll take some comfort in a little quote from Winnie the Pooh himself🧸

Sending love to you all💗

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Another AF for me 👎trying to take it as a positive that I can now book to on the family holiday in September 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been obsessing so badly this month, testing and staring, trying to see lines that aren't there. What does everyone else do? Not test until AFs due? Test a certain amount of days before (if regular)? Do you accept it not the month before AF arrives but getting BFN or only when AF comes?

Reactions: 1
I've been obsessing so badly this month, testing and staring, trying to see lines that aren't there. What does everyone else do? Not test until AFs due? Test a certain amount of days before (if regular)? Do you accept it not the month before AF arrives but getting BFN or only when AF comes?
I try to wait until AF is due, or at least 10dpo. However… I have been known to waste tests at 6DPO 😬🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I try and not test until AF. Sometimes I test if I’m going out drinking and want to double check! I don’t bother testing at all before 10dpo!

Im due AF Saturday and I’m not going to test.

I think if I had a strong feeling I was pregnant and a lot of symptoms I’d be more tempted! It’s so hard. Especially when you read about others getting positives at 8dpo.

Reactions: 3
I've read this thread for such a long time, and always hope that you ladies trying for a baby will get your positives one day 🤍
In my day, there wasn't all these early testing things, you had to wait until you'd missed a period to test at all, even then the doctors tests weren't reliable until about 2 months, even later.

I don't think sometimes all these early testing things before you've even missed a period are helpful, from what I read, it's common you get false positives or get 'chemicals' (whatever that is), and it upsets you all, is it worth the stress and heartbreak always testing early ladies? Before a missed period? Xx

I've read this thread for such a long time, and always hope that you ladies trying for a baby will get your positives one day 🤍
In my day, there wasn't all these early testing things, you had to wait until you'd missed a period to test at all, even then the doctors tests weren't reliable until about 2 months, even later.

I don't think sometimes all these early testing things before you've even missed a period are helpful, from what I read, it's common you get false positives or get 'chemicals' (whatever that is), and it upsets you all, is it worth the stress and heartbreak always testing early ladies? Before a missed period? Xx
as much as I feel you mean well, obviously it isn’t ‘worth the stress and heart break’ but the wait can be agonising and it is a lot easier said than done saying ‘wait for a missed period’ when there is reliable testing methods.

Reactions: 6

I appreciate what you’re saying and yes perhaps it’d be better if you couldn’t test early but you can so the temptation is there.
To me TTC can be like being hungry, it’s feels almost physical. Not like waiting for Christmas Day to see if you got what you wanted, feeling excited and curious but like being starving so opening every cupboard and box, looking for a scrap because you’re desperate to find something. It’s extremely hard to suppress.
Pregnancy tests can be like a mirage when you’re dying of thirst, staring to see a line that appears as a smudge then it travels along the test until it disappears and is ultimately negative but you keep looking hoping it reappears.
I know symptom spotting is unreliable, a faint line could be false but it’s that little bit of hope before starting again for a month.
I know that sounds dramatic but when you want nothing more in the world it’s so hard not to keep seeking it.

Anyway, thanks for the responses ladies. AF arrived this eve. I’m not usually this anxious about it but this month it ran away with me, everything had aligned. Hopefully next month I can be more rational.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Has anyone else’s partner provided a sample to the NHS recently? Mine has today and was told it could take 6 weeks for his GP to get in touch.
He’s registered for access to his medical records on the NHS app so hopefully we will see them on there before that??

Has anyone else’s partner provided a sample to the NHS recently? Mine has today and was told it could take 6 weeks for his GP to get in touch.
He’s registered for access to his medical records on the NHS app so hopefully we will see them on there before that??
Yes about a week ago! I wasn’t aware it would take that long, but my partner is useless and I don’t know if he asked for a time frame?! He said the sample is tested very quickly but it takes a while for it written up and processed. Oh no how annoying! I had assumed it would take 2 weeks max! I’ll let you know when we get it back.

Yes about a week ago! I wasn’t aware it would take that long, but my partner is useless and I don’t know if he asked for a time frame?! He said the sample is tested very quickly but it takes a while for it written up and processed. Oh no how annoying! I had assumed it would take 2 weeks max! I’ll let you know when we get it back.
Yeah I’m not sure if that’s a blanket timeframe to stop people from harassing their GP 😅
Fingers crossed it arrives soon 🤞🏼

Yeah I’m not sure if that’s a blanket timeframe to stop people from harassing their GP 😅
Fingers crossed it arrives soon 🤞🏼
Yes, probably!! 😆

My partner won’t even call until late next week I bet as he’s working away 🙄 they seem to have the same urgency as we do!

• Heart
Could everyone tell the different between implantation bleeding and their period?

I haven’t felt right all week. I woke up with blood when I wiped this morning and it got heavier throughout the day like a period but when I got home this evening, it was pretty much atopped. I’ve had the runs and cramps all day but feels more like bowels than my uterus.

Hi everyone, can anyone advise which digital clearblue ovulation sticks I should be getting please? What’s the difference between the pink and purple, just that the purple predict 4 days where as the pink it’s 2 days? TIA x

Could everyone tell the different between implantation bleeding and their period?

I haven’t felt right all week. I woke up with blood when I wiped this morning and it got heavier throughout the day like a period but when I got home this evening, it was pretty much atopped. I’ve had the runs and cramps all day but feels more like bowels than my uterus.
How many days DPO are you? Have you tested at all? I’m lucky enough to have had two pregnancies (one baby, one MC) but didn’t have implantation bleeding with either.

Does anyone on here have high prolactin? I’ve known since June last year that mine was 1300+ mu/L and it’s only dropped by around 400 mu/L by now. Doctors won’t take me seriously as there’s no sign of a tumour and they won’t treat it! But I’ve never once had a pregnancy scare even after unprotected sex and I just know this is causing infertility. My periods have also become extremely irregular over the last two years so I worry I’m not ovulating!

Does anyone on here have high prolactin? I’ve known since June last year that mine was 1300+ mu/L and it’s only dropped by around 400 mu/L by now. Doctors won’t take me seriously as there’s no sign of a tumour and they won’t treat it! But I’ve never once had a pregnancy scare even after unprotected sex and I just know this is causing infertility. My periods have also become extremely irregular over the last two years so I worry I’m not ovulating!
You can get a really simple blood test to see if you’re ovulating.
How long have you been trying? What tests have you had for your prolactin levels?
You have rights. If the doctors won’t listen check the NICE guidelines, if their behaviour is contrary, quote NICE and tell them you’ll escalate it.
It does say that prolactin level tests have been shown to be unhelpful regarding fertility. Perhaps try a different route such as been trying for a year or so on.

Hi everyone, can anyone advise which digital clearblue ovulation sticks I should be getting please? What’s the difference between the pink and purple, just that the purple predict 4 days where as the pink it’s 2 days? TIA x
Yes as far as I’m aware, the purple have a flashy face when you’re leading up to ovulation then a static smiley when it’s your peak. The pink just go straight to when your peak is at a static smiley face and that’s your best opportunity to get pregnant!

Im not sure what people find best? I’ve used a mixture of both.

AF arrived last night 😟☹ I had a cry and some Prosecco.

• Sad

I did with my first baby but it was just pink blood when wiped nothing that continued through the day. I did go onto have a subchorionic hematoma at 10w after that. How many DPO? X

Hi all, not sure where else to ask but wondering if any one has tried the Ovu Sense for tracking ovulation? Not sure if worth the money and monthly subscription.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.