Treacle tatts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t find a thread about this girl but I don’t know her full name so apologies if one has already been created. I stumbled across her a few days ago and she may be the most obnoxious youtuber I’ve ever watched. She seems to think she’s the queen bee of tattooing and despite not being a tattoo artist or having any experience in the industry, she’s created a channel bashing people’s tattoos. She’s done countless videos scrutinising artists work and other peoples tattoos, despite the fact hers aren’t the best. For someone who’s YouTube channel revolves around bashing others, you might want to make sure yours are pretty damn good. I find her absolutely infuriating and her entitled attitude is vile. She tells people where they should and shouldn’t gets tattoos, what tattoos they should and shouldn’t get and nit picks every tattoo she can find. I would be interested to see how real tattoo artists feel about her videos. I know if I had spent years learning and mastering tattooing I would be annoyed by some little know it all thinking her opinion is the law of tattooing. I’ve noticed quite a few of her videos have comments disabled so I’m guessing I’m not the only one who finds her the worst. I really can’t understand how she has over 100k subscribers, it’s baffling.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I couldn’t find a thread about this girl but I don’t know her full name so apologies if one has already been created. I stumbled across her a few days ago and she may be the most obnoxious youtuber I’ve ever watched. She seems to think she’s the queen bee of tattooing and despite not being a tattoo artist or having any experience in the industry, she’s created a channel bashing people’s tattoos. She’s done countless videos scrutinising artists work and other peoples tattoos, despite the fact hers aren’t the best. For someone who’s YouTube channel revolves around bashing others, you might want to make sure yours are pretty damn good. I find her absolutely infuriating and her entitled attitude is vile. She tells people where they should and shouldn’t gets tattoos, what tattoos they should and shouldn’t get and nit picks every tattoo she can find. I would be interested to see how real tattoo artists feel about her videos. I know if I had spent years learning and mastering tattooing I would be annoyed by some little know it all thinking her opinion is the law of tattooing. I’ve noticed quite a few of her videos have comments disabled so I’m guessing I’m not the only one who finds her the worst. I really can’t understand how she has over 100k subscribers, it’s baffling.
I’ve watched her on and off for years and I agree she is a massive know it all when it comes to tattoos. Just because you are heavily tattooed doesn’t necessarily make you an expert in them 🙃

Reactions: 6
Honestly, she just really rubbed me the wrong way. I had to stop her videos coming up on my feed 😂 peoples tattoos are personal to them and if they like them who is she to say they suck. Sure I see some tats where I think that really isn’t my cup of tea but if the person likes it there’s no harm. I found her way too frustrating to watch.

Reactions: 2
She’s a bully too, and all her little sheep attacked me for my tattoo, and when I private messaged Lauren I just got blocked she a witch

Reactions: 11
That’s shocking, I don’t know who she thinks she is. I hope you’re okay and it didn’t affect you too much! I can’t understand how people support her, she has the worst attitude ever.

That’s shocking, I don’t know who she thinks she is. I hope you’re okay and it didn’t affect you too much! I can’t understand how people support her, she has the worst attitude ever.
it was very hurtful the way I was treated, but I got over it, and I still love my tattoox

Reactions: 3
Good for you, she has no right to judge anyone. How did she find your tattoo if you don’t mind me asking?
I had been wanting a tattoo of this for awhile, and I was honeymoon with my husband and I just decided to get a design I had found on the internet. I was before o knew tattoo copying is a huge no no. But way they were talking to me it was as if I had Murder Ed someone, all I did was getting a tattoo. I still love my tattoo x

I had been wanting a tattoo of this for awhile, and I was honeymoon with my husband and I just decided to get a design I had found on the internet. I was before o knew tattoo copying is a huge no no. But way they were talking to me it was as if I had Murder Ed someone, all I did was getting a tattoo. I still love my tattoo x
Ugh she’s so self righteous and seems to think she’s the defining authority on all things tattoo related 😤 Sorry to hear you had that experience 😔

I love tattoos and am really interested in different styles, what people choose to get tattooed etc which is how I discovered her. But sadly the greater a following she’s gained, the more she manages to suck the joy out of it (imo anyway)

Reactions: 3
I agree with some of her opinions, but she’s always manages to say it in the most condescending, bitchy way she can. I used to just think of her as obnoxious narcissist. After the whole Blakehomie thing I realized she’s just heinous person.

Reactions: 7
Just the way she talks and tries to make a 'catch phrase' in each video is so cringy to me.
In general the way she acts like she's hot tit but then always has to mention how she's human, struggling too boo hoo don't be such a witch to everyone else then?
And the way she acts like her tattoos are the best and everything's perfect even though she's covered up a lot of them now?

Final rant: Her talking about getting one of her more recent tattoos I just kept skipping ahead beacause she was just describing mundane things like 'I woke up. I took the bus. I took the train. I bought snacks. I walked to the the tattoo studio' -- I'm sorry but what the duck is that, just milking it to make a long video?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I agree with some of her opinions, but she’s always manages to say it in the most condescending, bitchy way she can. I used to just think of her as obnoxious narcissist. After the whole Blakehomie thing I realized she’s just heinous person.
I hadn’t seen this, so I just went and watched it and I’m shocked. If she was really concerned about them, she would have reached out personally and not used the situation for a video. I think it also speaks volumes how respectful and mature Blakehomies response video was, compared to Lauren’s video. Saying not to go and hate and bully a 16 year old isn’t enough, she has a large platform and a responsibility. At the end of the day, she doesn’t know Blakehomie, she doesn’t know what they’re going through/have been through and it’s incredibly irresponsible to point her audience of tattoo vultures in their direction. Do I agree with 16 year olds giving themselves stick and pokes? No, but it’s not my place and judge and call them out. From the few videos I’ve just watched of Blakehomie, it’s clear they haven't had the easiest life. The fact a grown adult put them in a situation where they could have easily been bullied/hated on is disgusting.

I hadn’t seen this, so I just went and watched it and I’m shocked. If she was really concerned about them, she would have reached out personally and not used the situation for a video. I think it also speaks volumes how respectful and mature Blakehomies response video was, compared to Lauren’s video. Saying not to go and hate and bully a 16 year old isn’t enough, she has a large platform and a responsibility. At the end of the day, she doesn’t know Blakehomie, she doesn’t know what they’re going through/have been through and it’s incredibly irresponsible to point her audience of tattoo vultures in their direction. Do I agree with 16 year olds giving themselves stick and pokes? No, but it’s not my place and judge and call them out. From the few videos I’ve just watched of Blakehomie, it’s clear they haven't had the easiest life. The fact a grown adult put them in a situation where they could have easily been bullied/hated on is disgusting.
The part about Blake abusing substances is what really bothered me. I’m sure most of her audience don’t know who Blake is and first impressions really do leave an impact. There is no excuse for a thirty year old woman to publicly suggest a minor with a bad home life has issues with substance abuse (the disclaimer means nothing, she still put that statement out on the internet).

I'm glad someone has mentioned her. Her attitude is awful and she comes across as very mean and stuck up. The videos she makes bashing other peoples tattoos are so unacceptable, people get tattoos for personal reasons and making fun of something that's on someone's body forever is not ok!! She's such a bully.

She has been virtue signalling alot lately. But I have to ask the question why do people feel they need to stand up for us? Do they see us as beneath? Are they using us to push politics? If they truly feel we are equal to them then they wouldn't need to be the "hero". Is it about the cause or is it about promoting herself? It makes her look like a hero she gains respect from her worshippers. Gains more worshippers. Her video related to racism that she made, is she donating the ad revenue to charities? As a conservative POC I do not need anyone to be the voice. The virtue signalling is very insincere and is all about bandwaggoning and gaining social capital. It's all about the self and making impressions. I do not agree with violence and influencers should not be bullying into people into it.

• Heart
She strikes me as a very uncultured, very uneducated person. She's really rubbed me up the wrong way recently. I don't watch videos to be lectured. If it wasn't for her old school tattoos she would be a massive chav.

Reactions: 12
She has been virtue signalling alot lately. But I have to ask the question why do people feel they need to stand up for us? Do they see us as beneath? Are they using us to push politics? If they truly feel we are equal to them then they wouldn't need to be the "hero". Is it about the cause or is it about promoting herself? It makes her look like a hero she gains respect from her worshippers. Gains more worshippers. Her video related to racism that she made, is she donating the ad revenue to charities? As a conservative POC I do not need anyone to be the voice. The virtue signalling is very insincere and is all about bandwaggoning and gaining social capital. It's all about the self and making impressions. I do not agree with violence and influencers should not be bullying into people into it.
I hadn’t seen her new videos until I read your comment. Honestly couldn’t agree more. Her white saviour complex annoys me so much. White people should bring awareness to issues that affect other groups but they need to make sure they don’t come across as entitled since they won’t ever fully understand what it’s like to have those struggles. The fact that she’s never addressed racism before yet speaks like she’s the expert on it suddenly rubs me the wrong way

Reactions: 5
Could not agree more with this, this is exactly how I feel every single word!!! I totally agree it comes across as insincere, the way she preaches it honestly just makes me cringe, why does she suddenly think she is the voice of POC! She has never even mentioned the topic before so why does she suddenly think she knows everything!! She comes across as so uneducated she clearly doesn’t do any proper research on the topic, talking about police brutality like she actually has a clue! She is a joke she even says that 3 or 4 years ago she agreed with a tattooist when they said they don’t post darker skin tones because of colour not showing or something can’t remember exactly what it was she said (not in any way saying that this tattooist was right to say that) but if she felt like that then and has even admitted it I think it’s embarrassing that she is now saying how wrong that is, shouldn’t she of said it then rather than agreeing with the tattooer! She makes me cringe in general she thinks she knows everything about tattooing she isn’t even a tattooist! I am baffled how she has so many followers on YouTube.

Reactions: 4
just came across this knobhead. I can't stand her. She speaks with confidence so it sounds like she knows what shes talking about but she doesn't. Her opinions are only hers, she isn't speaking for us tattoo artists or heavily tattooed people. Shss embarrassing.

Oh god, so she's gotten even worse and thinks she can speak for POC now? For someone with a bunch of hideous tattoos, she should really check herself before she belittles everyone else's tattoos. I also hate how she picks apart any tattoo style she doesn't personally have/like.