Trad Wives UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I must go check it out. 😂

Thrifting in those circles is very high level ‘thrifting’. They can afford it and it’s great the charity gets the money but is it really thrifting? I was tempted to add up Mrs Warrs purchases in that one post. 💸

I must be bored.

Edit. Missed the cat and blouse story but I like her shoes on the Burgh Island door mat.
---
Does anyone know if Henhouse still has her holiday let? Lilac Cottage. Nothing has been posted on the Instagram page for over 5 years and I wondered if they’ve sold it.

I'd forgotten all about Lilac Cottage!

Maybe Covid did it in? Could it be an Air BnB or something of that ilk now? I know if I was renting it for a break I wouldn't want to be featured on her IG page.

Reactions: 1
I'm suspicious of the amazing 'thrifting' too, and the 1980s prices for that thrifted stuff.
I have a friend who works for a big charity which operates charity shops nationally, and there is no way a vintage parachute silk blouse donated to a random shop would be put out on the racks for £2.50 or whatever these women claim. Modern charity shops have strict rules about the quality of stuff that can be sold in each shop, what price etc, and good stuff has to be sent to head office, where it can be properly appraised and often auctioned, not sold for a few quid.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm suspicious of the amazing 'thrifting' too, and the 1980s prices for that thrifted stuff.
I have a friend who works for a big charity which operates charity shops nationally, and there is no way a vintage parachute silk blouse donated to a random shop would be put out on the racks for £2.50 or whatever these women claim. Modern charity shops have strict rules about the quality of stuff that can be sold in each shop, what price etc, and good stuff has to be sent to head office, where it can be properly appraised and often auctioned, not sold for a few quid.
Sian did say the price of the 40s parachute blouse It wasn't cheap..£60ish.

Can’t believe teapots lost 55lbs! I didn’t think she would have that much to lose.

She would suit longer hair so much better but I know she’s effectively cosplaying the Queen so it’s never going to happen.

Reactions: 4
Can’t believe teapots lost 55lbs! I didn’t think she would have that much to lose.

She would suit longer hair so much better but I know she’s effectively cosplaying the Queen so it’s never going to happen.
No doubt the total pregnancy weight from after giving birth.
She makes herself look so much older the way she styles herself now. Her hair originally was so much nicer and she looked 1940s and more 40s sweetheart.

Clearly the compliments have been drying up so she's felt the need to get the rod out again 🙄 Quite sad really that she's that insecure she depends so heavily on the validation/adoration of strangers. I wonder how much more weight loss bragging we shall have to endure. Must make any of her friends who are bigger than she now is feel horrid. I agree, her hair looked better longer. She's making herself look very frumpy, not at all as glamorous as The Queen!

Mrswarrcountryhome went to visit her Father. Usually when she goes to see him she pays a visit/stays with Michelle of Rememberingtheoldways - she's staying with Lydia. Wonder why the twee three and Henhouse fell out with Michelle.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I agree! I'd love to know how long it took her - I remember her saying she had given up sugar for lent last year.

Lots of comments asking how she did it, which I think she's ignoring. Given that her insta suggests she only eats bread, cheese scones, fruit cake, jam, and small plates of vegetable soup I'm not surprised everyone is curious 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I agree! I'd love to know how long it took her - I remember her saying she had given up sugar for lent last year.

Lots of comments asking how she did it, which I think she's ignoring. Given that her insta suggests she only eats bread, cheese scones, fruit cake, jam, and small plates of vegetable soup I'm not surprised everyone is curious 😂

Ozempic like the rest of the Instagrammers ! 😂

What has shocked me with several of the Trad Wife accounts. Lydia included. They use lard ! 😲. I'm middle aged from a traditional family set up. Even my mother did not use lard. Do they not think of their poor arteries. I would not care how lovely a dish or pastry tasted I could not fill my body to clog my arteries with pure animal FAT. Plus the calories.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Clearly the compliments have been drying up so she's felt the need to get the rod out again 🙄 Quite sad really that she's that insecure she depends so heavily on the validation/adoration of strangers. I wonder how much more weight loss bragging we shall have to endure. Must make any of her friends who are bigger than she now is feel horrid. I agree, her hair looked better longer. She's making herself look very frumpy, not at all as glamorous as The Queen!
I don’t begrudge her a bit of bragging. If I ever lose the 35lbs I’ve gained over the last 5 years :cry: I will be insufferable in my celebrating.

she replied 3 years to one of the comments.
Ozempic like the rest of the Instagrammers ! 😂

What has shocked me with several of the Trad Wife accounts. Lydia included. They use lard ! 😲. I'm middle aged from a traditional family set up. Even my mother did not use lard. Do they not think of their poor arteries. I would not care how lovely a dish or pastry tasted I could not fill my body to clog my arteries with pure animal FAT. Plus the calories.
Is ozempic given out for weight loss? I had to google because I hadn’t heard of it and read it is a diabetes medication and that there is a world wide shortage.
I didn’t know lard was still available.

I don’t begrudge her a bit of bragging. If I ever lose the 35lbs I’ve gained over the last 5 years :cry: I will be insufferable in my celebrating.

Is ozempic given out for weight loss? I had to google because I hadn’t heard of it and read it is a diabetes medication and that there is a world wide shortage.

I mentioned ozempic sarcastically. I don't think for one minute she'd take it. I don't know how true it is. I've heard you can purchase it or an equivalent brand in Boots privately..costs around £350 a month. A friend told me her MIL is on it.

Yep. 'orible lard is still available.
---

Well I think the issue is the non stop smugness, showing her body off and bragging. It's non stop now, whereas she never used to be like it.

I thought it would be post 2nd child. That ties in.

The twee three were in London yesterday. Met Henhousehomemade and one other vintage lady. Alena & Michelle's ears must have been burning.

For Stay at Home Mums they get out to far flung places a lot.

Next they'll be meeting up with Mrstrufflepig.

Reactions: 6
The twee three were in London yesterday. Met Henhousehomemade and one other vintage lady. Alena & Michelle's ears must have been burning.

For Stay at Home Mums they get out to far flung places a lot.

Next they'll be meeting up with Mrstrufflepig.
I just saw that on Henhouse’s page and felt sad for Michelle. Even though they gush away at each other I can’t see Mrs Trufflepig meeting up. She seems just that bit separate from their lifestyle but I can’t put into words what I mean and am probably wrong anyway.

I saw that and came on to post it!

Not sure you are entirely wrong. I can't see MrsTrufflepig out on one of the twee three socials tbh. That's just probably a throw away comment from her. Teapots however, how she would love to have Trufflepig in their trio sometime to get in on Trufflepig's huge IG following to boost her own following!

Teapotsandtablecloths is back with her nauseating fake posh accent in her latest reel and it's worse than ever 🤢

• Sick