Trad Wives UK

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hen has been with her RAF roleplaying husband for decades. Their son has to be nearly 20. Not really sure what brought the wedding about. It was just announced afterwards.

They had been living in London prior to the blog ending. Then they bought the parsonage/vicarage/old house that costs a bomb
Henhouse and her husband have been together for years but their son is his from a previous relationship, she came in later. She has raised him from a toddler though so is his mother in the ways that count. I don’t know what happened to his bio mum, died maybe, because she’s never been mentioned. Hen’s weight loss was documented on Instagram about 7 years ago and she lost over 5 stone going to slimmers world and running which was pretty impressive especially as she’s kept it off. She’s another that was more interesting before she lost weight.

Reactions: 2
Henhouse and her husband have been together for years but their son is his from a previous relationship, she came in later. She has raised him from a toddler though so is his mother in the ways that count. I don’t know what happened to his bio mum, died maybe, because she’s never been mentioned. Hen’s weight loss was documented on Instagram about 7 years ago and she lost over 5 stone going to slimmers world and running which was pretty impressive especially as she’s kept it off. She’s another that was more interesting before she lost weight.
I've been following her for 3/4 years and did not know this. She's a lovely looking striking lady. With a gorgeous home!...her home along with Paula Sutton of Hill House Vintage are my fav homes to see on IG.. I really like Paula Sutton too.

Reactions: 3
Thanks. I just know how it appears if you were a basic blog follower. One day she was there, chubby, cheerful and quilting. Then no updates nothing. The usual posts on the blog, "hope you are well".

Didn't find her on insta for a while and then it was all skinny Hen.

Same goes for the young man, remember him as a young boy dressed like old photos of my Dad back in the 40s and at railway stations and airbase history days. I don't think most people would know he wasn't bio to Hen. But as you say, she is the Mother in his life.

I find it amazing how bloggers just disappear and then resurface on FaceBook or IG in their next character/version of themselves. There are still people who miss Frugal Queen (and yes, I know she's on IG and Youtube)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Thanks. I just know how it appears if you were a basic blog follower. One day she was there, chubby, cheerful and quilting. Then no updates nothing. The usual posts on the blog, "hope you are well".

Same goes for the young man, remember him as a young boy dressed like old photos of my Dad back in the 40s and at railway stations and airbase history days. I don't think most people would know he wasn't bio to Hen. But as you say, she is the Mother in his life.

I find it amazing how bloggers just disappear and then resurface on FaceBook or IG in their next character/version of themselves. There are still people who miss Frugal Queen (and yes, I know she's on IG and Youtube)
I'm going to have to look up Frugal Queen

Reactions: 1

I don’t know Frugal Queen. Missed that one.
One of the decorating magazines that did a feature on the henhouse home (and gets reprinted occasionally) described the boy as her stepson and she mentioned it once in her blog so I don’t think it’s secret but as you say, maybe not common knowledge.

I followed her blog for a while and remember one post she gave her followers a serve because she was putting all this work into blogging and not getting enough comments in return. It amused me.

• Haha
I'm going to have to look up Frugal Queen
Frugal Queen in France on IG and Youtube.

She deleted her blog (which had a lot of good info and you might be able to find it via the wayback machine "Frugal Queen") when she lived in Cornwall. Blog gone, no updates. A scorched earth friendship. Then she resurfaces on Facebook and IG.

The winters where I live are long, cold, and dark. Blogs keep me entertained when I work nights.

Just popped into instagram to be greeted by Mrs Warr talking about having weekends off Social media ‘because it’s lovely to be a content creator and share my lovely life with you but sometimes its nice to take some time to oneself’

It must be a hard life.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just popped into instagram to be greeted by Mrs Warr talking about having weekends off Social media ‘because it’s lovely to be a content creator and share my lovely life with you but sometimes its nice to take some time to oneself’

It must be a hard life.
She does have a lovely life. And as a Trad Wife, I lay money she has a cleaner or 2! If she looked after that home cleaning it the size it is..and being so old the dust would be horrendous. She would not have time for content creating and hours sewing and knitting.

Reactions: 5
She does have a lovely life. And as a Trad Wife, I lay money she has a cleaner or 2! If she looked after that home cleaning it the size it is..and being so old the dust would be horrendous. She would not have time for content creating and hours sewing and knitting.
Completely agree. I don’t begrudge her a cleaner either, she’s clearly completely loaded and enjoys a very privileged life: child at boarding school, no job, regular luxury holidays, stunning home and gardens. I like her despite her immense privilege but it’s hard to tell what she would be like in real life, possibly quite different to her Insta persona

Completely agree. I don’t begrudge her a cleaner either, she’s clearly completely loaded and enjoys a very privileged life: child at boarding school, no job, regular luxury holidays, stunning home and gardens. I like her despite her immense privilege but it’s hard to tell what she would be like in real life, possibly quite different to her Insta persona
She’s probably lovely. I just roll my eyes when she makes comments like the one quoted. Same as when she took a much needed break for a luxury holiday. Social media is a choice not a duty.

I wonder sometimes if she’s a bit lonely though.

When did you join?
a few years back. I was interested in vintage housekeeping and I also collect the old embroidered tablecloths and tea tray cover. It was interesting and escapist.

Then the Americans found the page and it was heading towards fundie/quiverfull territory

a few years back. I was interested in vintage housekeeping and I also collect the old embroidered tablecloths and tea tray cover. It was interesting and escapist.

Then the Americans found the page and it was heading towards fundie/quiverfull territory
Yes, so she closed the group back last year. If you’re not part of the group you can’t search it or join it because she’s made it private.
That’s why I joined too but the overly religious people made it feel a bit awkward. But I guess that’s what Alena likes now as she’s gone off vintage things really.

No, I'm pretty sure she closed it when somebody online went sleuthing and posted her house for sale listing on line.

The group somehow was attracting American fundamentalists who were posting about "submitting to their husband" and how funds should be controlled by the one who earnt them (and let us be real, these ladies like to spend money).

It was almost as if the Duggar Family and their ilk had found the page and wanted to take it and run with it. The Americans totally missed that it was a British vintage type page.

No, I'm pretty sure she closed it when somebody online went sleuthing and posted her house for sale listing on line.
Yes, which was last year. It was in this group the listing was posted.
---
It was almost as if the Duggar Family and their ilk had found the page and wanted to take it and run with it. The Americans totally missed that it was a British vintage type page.
But Alena has allowed those people on her page and hasn’t curtailed their postings. She has become more vocal about her Christianity too and I think the whole vintage type feel will go from her, especially as she’s fallen out with those three

Yes, which was last year. It was in this group the listing was posted.
---

But Alena has allowed those people on her page and hasn’t curtailed their postings. She has become more vocal about her Christianity too and I think the whole vintage type feel will go from her, especially as she’s fallen out with those three
I get the feeling Alena's whole life she's not fitted in and tries her upmost to fit in with some tribe. She also gets involved in the latest fad in her life.

In other news. This morning MrsWarrsCountrtyhome shared a reel of her week..most of which she's already posted throughout the week. What happened to taking a leaf out of Diane Shiffers book and not being present on IG at weekends 🤔 last week she posted this' she knows that we followers are interested in her lovely life' ,she isn't posting at weekends to be with family🤷‍♀️.
---
Earlier in the week Sian did a show and tell about her latest thrifting finds. Someone on here once mentioned the quality of charity goods they find. Well, Sian has a head start and probs 1st dibs, she volunteers a few hours in a good local vintage charity shop. And I sense she sees things and contacts her two chummies asking do I get said item for you, right up your vintage street dear heart.

One of her purchases was a 1940s blouse made of parachute silk. Being very delicate and fragile, she's going to frame it.

The next day..Henousehomemade puts a story on. Her 3 cats on a double bed. Caption 'how did you get in here'. Just hanging to the side of the bed on a knob a very similar 40s parachute blouse. telling us ''I already have one! 🖕🤣. Honestly, the competition. I have noticed Sian started going to Burgh Hotel and trips on the Belman train after Hen was doing them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I get the feeling Alena's whole life she's not fitted in and tries her upmost to fit in with some tribe. She also gets involved in the latest fad in her life.

In other news. This morning MrsWarrsCountrtyhome shared a reel of her week..most of which she's already posted throughout the week. What happened to taking a leaf out of Diane Shiffers book and not being present on IG at weekends 🤔 last week she posted this' she knows that we followers are interested in her lovely life' ,she isn't posting at weekends to be with family🤷‍♀️.
---
Earlier in the week Sian did a show and tell about her latest thrifting finds. Someone on here once mentioned the quality of charity goods they find. Well, Sian has a head start and probs 1st dibs, she volunteers a few hours in a good local vintage charity shop. And I sense she sees things and contacts her two chummies asking do I get said item for you, right up your vintage street dear heart.

One of her purchases was a 1940s blouse made of parachute silk. Being very delicate and fragile, she's going to frame it.

The next day..Henousehomemade puts a story on. Her 3 cats on a double bed. Caption 'how did you get in here'. Just hanging to the side of the bed on a knob a very similar 40s parachute blouse. telling us ''I already have one! 🖕🤣. Honestly, the competition. I have noticed Sian started going to Burgh Hotel and trips on the Belman train after Hen was doing them.
I must go check it out. 😂

Thrifting in those circles is very high level ‘thrifting’. They can afford it and it’s great the charity gets the money but is it really thrifting? I was tempted to add up Mrs Warrs purchases in that one post. 💸

I must be bored.

Edit. Missed the cat and blouse story but I like her shoes on the Burgh Island door mat.
---
Does anyone know if Henhouse still has her holiday let? Lilac Cottage. Nothing has been posted on the Instagram page for over 5 years and I wondered if they’ve sold it.

Last edited: