Tracy Ann Oberman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been following the drama and tea with this actress?, it’s been going off on twitter
Because TAO celeb mates decided to dogpile a woman on Twitter who dared to criticised her, calling her anti Semitic and racist despite race and religion not being mentioned in the tweet, TAO is Jewish and has a issue with Jeremy Corbyn, there loads more problematic stuff about her but that the gist for now.

Reactions: 3
I actually ended up on a deep dive of this today completely randomly. Didn't really know much about her before (have seen Its a Sin, but didn't know she was even in it- her part is quite small), but she seems extremely hypocritical at best. Talking about how vile antisemitism is(fine - it is and is also something she has personal experience of), but also seems to have a history of Islamophobia, and Racism which she makes no apology of.

I saw screenshots of her previous tweets, one mixing up the rapper Ice Cube, with Ice T (cool, all black men are the same then, not racist at all....) and then when he called her out on it she gave a random apology and said, oh well you may also be anti-Semitic for all I know. What the Actual F... She also made some anti-Muslim jokes, and joked about FGM.

Absolutely bleeping horrendous behaviour. Its hard to take her seriously as someone who genuinely wants to fight racism and hate speech, but just not the racism and hate speech that she herself deals out on twitter, because obvs that's different and completely FINE.

Her friends on twitter then proceeded to say things like, oh of ALL the actresses on Its a Sin, you have a problem with this one... I wonder why... implying its because she is Jewish, but honestly after reading the disgusting Islamophobic and anti black racist things she has actually written down for the world to see- how can her mates not see that actually, hmm, my friend (who happens to be Jewish), may also be a massive Racist against other people who are not Jewish!!!

How can people be this hypocritical, its all written down, we can read like!!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
This was very odd. The woman didn’t even tag her in a tweet, so whoever started it must have searched TAO’s name? and ultimately what she said about her isn’t nice but is pretty tame by Twitter’s standards.

very unpleasant to see so many actors go in on the tweeter like a bunch of wolves

I would have understood the reaction to an extent if Tao had been tagged in the tweet as that’s scummy, but she wasn’t

I respect TAO for speaking out on anti-semitism but the consensus her and her friends are basically saying anyone who isn’t a fan of hers and expresses that view is automatically anti-Semitic?

Reactions: 2
Sorry but confusing two rappers and then pulling the racist card at her is ridiculous. There are many celebrities of all races who get confused for eachother a lot. Automatically calling her racist for doing that just because they were black is helping make the word racist lose all meaning.

Reactions: 4
A friend of a friend knows her and said her heart is in the right place but she isn’t very bright.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry but confusing two rappers and then pulling the racist card at her is ridiculous. There are many celebrities of all races who get confused for eachother a lot. Automatically calling her racist for doing that just because they were black is helping make the word racist lose all meaning.
Yea I agree, I imagine the mix up was more to do with both their names starting Ice, I can see that being an easy mistake to make.

Reactions: 1
Didn't she already say it was the rappers names that confused her and not their looks. I'm not surprised race baiters jumped on it though. Seems standard these days.

Yes, it is an easy mistake to make, both rappers' names beginning with Ice and if you don't listen to rap music, it's even easier to make.

She seemed to be way over the top with her reaction to that lady's comment about It's A Sin. The woman didn't mention her being Jewish and also, she didn't tag her in a Tweet. It sounds as though TAO was looking for a fight.

What has Rachel Riley been putting on Twitter that seems to have annoyed people?

I may be utterly wrong so apologies, but the woman that TAO and her mates piled on was a supporter of Jeremy Corbyn and had that on her Twitter banner so I assume that they put two and two together and came up with the giant leap of antisemitism. At no point did the woman mention faith in her tweet so it was a big reach to say the least.

Yea I agree, I imagine the mix up was more to do with both their names starting Ice, I can see that being an easy mistake to make.
Well yeah, I could definitely give her the benefit of the doubt, however, if you are going to call someone an anti semite on Twitter, and flood their mentions with people decrying them, wouldn't you verify that it was the right person

It was the non apology that got me, basically 'oops sorry about that, I was on the toilet at the time, silly me, but you might be an anti-semite for all I know anyway'. WTF

Take your bleeping L and apologise properly. And don't go randomly accusing people that they could potentially be an anti semite anyway. That's like saying, oh hey I mistook you for a racist, guess you may be racist anyway though so NBD. Ridiculous!

Didn't she already say it was the rappers names that confused her and not their looks. I'm not surprised race baiters jumped on it though. Seems standard these days.
Look up her actual response to him though once she realised her mistake. Dreadful.

Reactions: 6
It was the non apology that got me, basically 'oops sorry about that, I was on the toilet at the time, silly me, but you might be an anti-semite for all I know anyway'. WTF

Take your bleeping L and apologise properly. And don't go randomly accusing people that they could potentially be an anti semite anyway. That's like saying, oh hey I mistook you for a racist, guess you may be racist anyway though so NBD. Ridiculous!
I agree. Odd way of looking at it and just indicated to me she doesn’t have much self awareness

Yeah I agree. Someone getting mixed up between ice cube and Ice T does not make someone a racist. For the record I do not know either, yet alone their colour.

I’ve worked with her before. Nothing overly interesting to report but she did come across as rude and tended to look down on us plebs (low-grade TV crew) compared to her fellow actors.

Reactions: 3
I’ve worked with her before. Nothing overly interesting to report but she did come across as rude and tended to look down on us plebs (low-grade TV crew) compared to her fellow actors.
What sort of things did she say/do or was it just her tone of voice etc?

What sort of things did she say/do or was it just her tone of voice etc?
Nothing major - you know when you just get a vibe from people, it was more through facial expressions than anything, and her being generally unenthusiastic in engaging in conversation with crew. Obviously she has no real obligation to make small talk with us but when a lot of the other cast members do, you notice it more!