Tooth Extraction!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a tooth removed this afternoon ☹
However the dentist wasn't able to get all the tooth out, so has stitched the remaining tooth back in, and I'm being referred to the dental hospital to get the remaining tooth removed!
I can feel the tooth is loose, however Dentist reassured me it's all stitched up
Am now on Diclofenac and Amoxicillin!
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?
First time happening for me

Had a tooth removed this afternoon ☹
However the dentist wasn't able to get all the tooth out, so has stitched the remaining tooth back in, and I'm being referred to the dental hospital to get the remaining tooth removed!
I can feel the tooth is loose, however Dentist reassured me it's all stitched up
Am now on Diclofenac and Amoxicillin!
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?
First time happening for me
Hope you are feeling ok.
The antibiotics should settle it down for the moment. Do you know how long you have to wait to be seen by the hospital ?

Hope you are feeling ok.
The antibiotics should settle it down for the moment. Do you know how long you have to wait to be seen by the hospital ?
Not too bad considering! Mouth sore from where stitches were done 😕
They didn't say how long I'd wait to be seen, hopefully soon though to get the remaining tooth out!
Thanksx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hello @Kate1970 you poor thing!! I had quite a similar experience a few years ago now, had a tooth out that had broken off, it took them almost 4 hours to get it out as there was one tiny bit of root left that just wouldn’t budge. They were about to give up and refer me for mouth surgery to have it out when finally the little tit broke free. To this day it’s still the most horrific thing I’ve been through, it was like medieval torture, I was awake for the whole thing whilst 4 dentists were pulling at this tooth and the anaesthetic kept wearing off due to the amount of time it was taking. I remember at the time everyone was like “oh mine popped out in 10 minutes” and I was so annoyed, so just to let you know that you’re not the only one!

Reactions: 1
Hello @Kate1970 you poor thing!! I had quite a similar experience a few years ago now, had a tooth out that had broken off, it took them almost 4 hours to get it out as there was one tiny bit of root left that just wouldn’t budge. They were about to give up and refer me for mouth surgery to have it out when finally the little tit broke free. To this day it’s still the most horrific thing I’ve been through, it was like medieval torture, I was awake for the whole thing whilst 4 dentists were pulling at this tooth and the anaesthetic kept wearing off due to the amount of time it was taking. I remember at the time everyone was like “oh mine popped out in 10 minutes” and I was so annoyed, so just to let you know that you’re not the only one!
Oh that sounds awful!
Have to admit I did feel,a bit rough whilst they were tugging and pulling to get the tooth out! The amoxicillan and diclofenac are definitely helping though...thankfully!