Toning stomach - help!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all,

I've never been super fit but always stay around a size 12, however recently I've noticed my stomach has started SAGGING when I bend over I seem to have a loose pooch and I haven't even had any kids!

I started doing the keto diet in April and lost about 7lbs but I'm sure most of that was water weight. My tummy doesn't feel flat and like I've lost weight, if anything it looks worse than before I lost 7lbs.

Is 7lbs enough to make my stomach saggy? How can I remedy this? Has anyone successfully sorted it out/experienced this? Is this the effect of lockdown in action??

I did a cardio class this morning and think I'll have to do some serious ab workouts daily, just hope it helps!

I've always found planks & leg raises & brisk walking good for this.
7lb shouldn't be enough to give loose skin but sometimes when we lose weight it highlights areas we need to target a bit more. Good luck! You're motivated, you'll do it 😊💪

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Well done on the weight loss! I posted a very similar thread recently because I’ve had the same weird issue and no kids, wth?! I’ve been drinking more booze in lockdown so I’ve upped my water intake (as advised 😇) and it has helped with elasticity but I think ab exercise is what’s needed. I’m a cardio 🐰 so avoid such workouts but definitely going to start strengthening my core.

• Heart
I've always found planks & leg raises & brisk walking good for this.
7lb shouldn't be enough to give loose skin but sometimes when we lose weight it highlights areas we need to target a bit more. Good luck! You're motivated, you'll do it 😊💪
Thank you! I've definitely been less active during quarantine so will have to start ensuring I exercise each day I think. Brisk walking is a good one, I didn't think of that, but I guess it's great for the whole bod?

Well done on the weight loss! I posted a very similar thread recently because I’ve had the same weird issue and no kids, wth?! I’ve been drinking more booze in lockdown so I’ve upped my water intake (as advised 😇) and it has helped with elasticity but I think ab exercise is what’s needed. I’m a cardio 🐰 so avoid such workouts but definitely going to start strengthening my core.
Thanks! Yes, I've been drinking a fair bit too 🙈 I tried to find your thread as I'd love to read the responses, but can't find it! I am probably constantly dehydrated which I guess is not great...

Thanks! Yes, I've been drinking a fair bit too 🙈 I tried to find your thread as I'd love to read the responses, but can't find it! I am probably constantly dehydrated which I guess is not great...
Tbh there wasn’t many replies because you’d only expect this sort of thing with 100lb weight loss not little amounts. I’m glad I’m not the only one (sorry 😅). I hadn’t lost weight since hitting my thirties and never had issues with skin so it was a shock! Hopefully it’s fixable for both of us 🤣 I’ll be following this in case you get some pearls of wisdom.

Please put updates of anything that's worked for you! There was a girl on YouTube who was pretty good. She was a red head, I cannot think of her name but I used to use her videos to target certain areas. If it comes back to me I'll put it on here.

I've just ate 3 toffee crisps 🙈

Reactions: 2
@Cloak Abby Pollock her name is! Very good at showing how to the exercise the right way. Voice can be a bit annoying but she knows her stuff.

Reactions: 2
Honestly the best thing for my stomach is just doing full body resistance training. Don't even do any targeted ab training whatsoever. Obviously diet is key for flatter stomach.