Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
What a sleazy creep. Sound like he completely broke her spirit. I wonder what his son thinks.

What a guy
He was 47 when he was born. If he didn't want to get 'tricked' by his constant shagging, why didn't he get the snip? Ego couldn't take it? If you basically make it your life's work to shag as many women as you possibly can, you need to take responsibility for contraception. Why wasn't he using a condom on these shagfests? He must have a lifetimes prescription of antibiotics!

Reactions: 13

Badirene

VIP Member
The way Jones behaved it is almost like an abusive relationship I think. He married Linda when they were both very young, he was all she knew and like with any abusive relationship there were probably many happy moments among all the torment (his affairs). Those small happy moments would have kept her locked into their relationship, always hoping for that version of her husband to come back to her, like when an abuser tells their partner they are sorry for hitting them, they love them and will never do it again, until they do it again.

I know one thing for sure with his type, if SHE had cheated he would have walked away from the marriage and not have stood for that disrespect. That type would never take what they so eagerly dish out to others. I think expecting her to walk away after he cheated would be like telling her not to breathe air, she couldn't expect to survive, he would have her convinced that she couldn't survive without him. An excellent article is available online called "repeated infidelity is a form of domestic abuse" it outlines how this dynamic works and the physical, mental and emotional harm it causes the faithful partner, a really good read.

Reactions: 13

Tammy flu

This is widely available online
I've just came across a few articles online about Tom, one suggested he cheated on his wife up to 250 times in one year. If we say that's a "good" year, average 100 women a year across 40+ years, more than likely some of these women were in fact underage girls. That's just the law of probability.

There's always been something about him for me... I got sleazy and controlling vibes

Reactions: 12

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
I don't feel sorry for his wife. She lived in a multi million pound LA mansion for decades living the kind of life most people can only dream about and if his actions bothered her so much she could have divorced him at any time and found love with someone else or at least come back to the UK if she wanted.
There's more to life than material stuff. It's not easy to leave someone you'd been with for years.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Badirene

VIP Member
His wife must have been heartbroken by his antics over the years and this is what he has to say about her? He is vile.

Reactions: 11

ElpisWept

From what I know about that man and his life, I think he's a horrible, cheating sleaze. Wouldn't surprise me if he'd done something dodgy, way back. A lot of pop stars did. David Bowie, for one.

Reactions: 10

Clairer86

VIP Member
I really really really hate the way he treated his wife. And then he totally played the victim when she died.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I felt sorry for his wife. I read an article years ago that said she was basically a recluse living in their big LA mansion. She'd sit around all day eating British food and watching British TV because she was so homesick. She must have had terrible anxiety knowing what was going on with her husband.
Apparently she was a chain smoking agoraphobic. While he was off traveling the world up to all sorts. Poor woman

• Sad

StrattyNeet

What a sleazy creep. Sound like he completely broke her spirit. I wonder what his son thinks.

What a guy
He clearly saw the man’s mother as another disposable groupie... a vessel for his sexual needs..... Tom’s wife Linda would believe whatever he told her... If Tom says he was tricked... then Tom was tricked... So Linda your husband was tricked into having penetrative sex repeatedly with a woman over several years? That’s confusing and not how I understand the way the act of intercourse works... Was he drugged? Tom never mentioned it. Was a firearm involved? Men and women who absolve themselves of the responsibility of parenthood are low.... Tom was a legendary shagger...he was quite open about it... his wife by all accounts was his opposite.... they both re enforced each others idea of any threats to their relationship. This is a woman who barely engaged with the outside world.... so it’s easy to listen to the BS your philandering partner tells you... The way Tom behaved was commonplace ... wives either turned a blind eye... or left.... Linda chose to stay in that guilded cage and become a casualty of Tom’s ambition... 40 years in LA when you want to live in Wales is a tall order...However the set up suited them both...Tom says they came to a don’t ask arrangement...There were times when Linda did feel threatened.... Mary Wilson... Marjorie Wallace...but most women were of no consequence... they just happen to willingly collide with Tom’s voracious libido.

Reactions: 9

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I saw him in concert years back. We went as a group from work for a laugh and we were the youngest there. The audience was full of women over 40 all going absolutely crazy all clamoring at the front of the stage. His voice was amazing but what sticks in my mind more than anything was when he was singing he was making a huge deal of pulling down his fly. Totally letchy... And the crowd going wild.

• Sick
  • Haha

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
I felt sorry for his wife. I read an article years ago that said she was basically a recluse living in their big LA mansion. She'd sit around all day eating British food and watching British TV because she was so homesick. She must have had terrible anxiety knowing what was going on with her husband.

• Sad

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member

He needed to go see a professional after his wife died, probably from a lifetime of guilt for how he's behaved.
The therapist has seemingly absolved him of any guilt he may have felt, and he’s now feeling fine about selling his tale of woe. Just in time for the release of his new album, coincidentally...
I used to adore Tom, but knowing more about him now just makes me feel sick.