Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
It’s a shame there’s not an app for the Paralympics like there was for the Olympics as feel like a lot has happened already today and I can’t keep up 😅 the notifications from the app were useful for keeping up with the time difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I am looking forward to the Paralympics now and also Tour of Britain that is starting in a few weeks time.

What has been everyone's top moment from Tokyo?
Too many to mention! Bethany Schriever and Charlotte Worthington winning their golds, the triathlon team gold, Emily Campbell's reaction after her lift, pretty much all of the taekwondo, and Tom Daley and Matty Lee getting gold - a lovely thing to wake up to on a Monday morning

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
Has anyone been watching the last leg every night as well? It often has me crying with laughter like when Alex ate the wasabi cupcake 😂 Love Rosie Jones too, I was watching the boccia the other day and could hear her in the audience. The only downside is it being on at 10, too late for me so I tend to be watching it a day behind.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Anyone wanting to watch more athletics the diamond league has started Oregon was in last night via the red button on bbc and there is more on a couple of nights over the next couple of weeks.

Was great to see Dina run again, she came 3rd and had a smile on her face 😊

What's your point

VIP Member
I am looking forward to the Paralympics now and also Tour of Britain that is starting in a few weeks time.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member

For me it has to be the BMX events and Team GB’s success in those. Closely followed by Emily Campbell’s silver in women’s weightlifting and Sky Brown’s bronze in women’s skateboarding.

Tublet83

VIP Member
It's a really shit thing to do at the best of times but when there are other people involved...
Agree I have followed the others for a while on social media I feel SO sorry for them. Awful 😞

What a complete knob!!!! Two substances found so can’t see it being an error

Tublet83

VIP Member
Sorry to bump an old thread but thought this bit of news was important. The horse riding element of the Modern Pentathlon, which caused so much upset in Tokyo, is to be replaced by cycling.

I’ve been following this, if you follow Joe Choong team gb gold medalist he is advocating for this not to happen and instead welfare changes to the horses. Him and other athletes are complaining the changes they have asked aren’t being listened too.

Reactions: 1

kev1974

VIP Member
Hello Olympics followers. I have added a thread for the Winter Olympics, which are about to start.

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
Gutted the Paralympics are over! At least it’s only three years until the next ones.

Also the person I mentioned previously that I vaguely know, won a gold! So so happy for her 🥰

• Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
Clare Balding again? Are there really no other sports presenters in the country?

At least the C4 studio isn't as bad as the BBC one was.
Oh God there must be some Paralympians somewhere to present, I don't want to see her all the time.

nycinthesun

I am the same today, feel a bit lost but watching some reruns. Really glad Tom Daley got a gold, he is still so young you forget how many years he has put into this. Hope he goes on to Paris.
I'm all about cheering for Team USA until Tom Daley shows up 😅 I'm so happy for him and Matty Lee!

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I’ve been following this, if you follow Joe Choong team gb gold medalist he is advocating for this not to happen and instead welfare changes to the horses. Him and other athletes are complaining the changes they have asked aren’t being listened too.
It must be worrying if you are a leading pentathlete and then they decide to suddenly throw in an element you might not be very good at. It sounds like the governing body has been heavily leaned on by the IOC in order to keep it's place at the Olympics.

rivermonster

VIP Member
Any ideas what ellie simmonds might have done to get disqualified in her swimming race?
After finishing fifth in the S6 400m freestyle, she was disqualified for failing to touch the wall on a turn - and had to wait more than an hour for the decision to be overturned.