Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DownBelow21

VIP Member
Joining this thread - mum of a 17mo.
Have coslept since around 7months old. He usually falls asleep on our bed then we move him over to his cot (still in our room as I just can't bare the thought of putting him in his own room yet!) He will sometimes sleep in there for a good run, sometimes between 5-6 hours but then cries to come back with us. Sometimes we can soothe him back to sleep in his cot, but ultimately he ends up back with us. But then on some nights, i Just leave him in with us!

As much as I love cosleeping with him, sometimes it's a nightmare as he can be such a wriggler and wakes us up by kicking us! :confused:

Is anyone else still cosleeping, or have done until this time? How did you/are you planning on moving over to stay in their own cots?

Yer, you’re probably right 😂 we didn’t do it in a way where he would resent him, but more like ‘if you stay in your bed, you’d get a full nights sleep, and not woken up by us feeding/baby’
It worked for us, and up until my toddler became a little shit, they were the best of friends!
I mean there are things that will have to change because of the baby. Putting it as a statement and letting her decide would probably work better than forcing a change.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Any advice for weaning off the dummy 😅 my little boy is 2 next month and I really want it gone. He’s obsessed like he has a dummy then holds another dummy. He only has it at naptime or when he sleeps though, but he has to lie there holding them both. Sometimes if he is really badly teething or not well I’ll let him have a dummy if he is really upset but he doesn’t really have it when he’s awake! Thank you!

@Pinky27 thank you that’s made me feel so much better. I keep saying to him it’s not meant to be that hard, but like with most things he just thinks I’m too soft on her.

@BettyCrockerr that is what feels right to me, and I have been thinking maybe the potty isn’t the right way forward. She has always wanted to do everything the grown up way.
We go on holiday first week of July and I have my driving test so I think I will wait until that’s done and then see how we go. I’ll be further along and hopefully feeling less sick so will have more resilience and patience in me fingers crossed!

WhatABore

VIP Member
How am I only just finding this thread???!?!?!?

My daughter is 2.5, she has been potty trained for wees since January and has been dry during the day ever since. However with a poos she just won't go on the toilet at all and has started either holding it in for days or having constant accidents as she wont tell me she needs to go other than saying "my bum hurts", so I would quickly put her on the toilet and she kicks off crying!! I am at a loss, she was constipated because of it and has been given laxatives in case it happens again :(

any tips?!
Can you distract her with a book or something when you put her on the toilet?
We ended up giving her a snack on the toilet to keep her there 😂😂

Jellybean093

VIP Member
At the moment she DEFO has to be up before 2:15pm but now I’m thinking 2pm. Then that’s 6 hours to bedtime. I just don’t want her to be cranky cos then the afternoon is a mess with a stressy toddler lol
Will she go to bed earlier? Maybe 11.30/12?