Tips on how to gain confidence

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As the title says really… I’ve always struggled with confidence issues, unless I’m really, really comfortable with someone I’m not confident. I’ve recently gone back to work after 3 years off and I’m struggling with my confidence. I had a work review today and they said I need to work on it and I know a few others have said the same.

I just want to know the secret to holding my head up high and not giving a duck 😭 Or at least have some confidence at work lol

Thanks x 💋

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What do they mean by confidence? Conviction? Speaking up? Putting yourself forward for things? Meeting new people and building relationships?

If this was mentioned in an appraisal then I'd be wanting them to set specific actions for you to achieve, otherwise I think it's an unfair comment.

Reactions: 1
As the title says really… I’ve always struggled with confidence issues, unless I’m really, really comfortable with someone I’m not confident. I’ve recently gone back to work after 3 years off and I’m struggling with my confidence. I had a work review today and they said I need to work on it and I know a few others have said the same.

I just want to know the secret to holding my head up high and not giving a duck 😭 Or at least have some confidence at work lol

Thanks x 💋
I personally think everything links back to self esteem. Work on building that up and the confidence will follow. There was also a thread about it here too.

Get your hair/ nails/ lashes if that's your thing or just give it a go. Book a massage. Buy yourself nice soap. Nice flattering clothing.

Make a compliment book. Write down everything a loved one has said about you.

Listen to songs that help stuff sink in. I play "this is me" from the greatest showman. Some of Sia's unstoppable is pretty good too.

For my youngest sister I also hired a professional photographer to prove to her that she wasn't ugly and to get help get rid of her complex. It was expensive but worth every penny. The photographer also said they had noticed a change in her from her first to her second. We also saw someone else in between.

For work I would recommend the book "How to win friends and influence people " by Dale Carnegie. It's simple things like remember people's names. I bought a copy and it really did help me learn how to talk to people. Often just getting them to talk more about themselves!

There's no shame in also asking for more training if you need it.

From my T: make a "Ta dah" list. Write down all your accomplishments and things you got done during the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Thanks x 💋
I'm not the most confident person myself so I should probably practice what I preach 😂

However, in your situation with it part of it being work related, I think you'll naturally grow more confident over time as you get more and more used to doing your job. Maybe after each working day you should sit and think of 1 thing you're proud of yourself for, or one thing that went well - you could even write them on your notes app on your phone so that you've got something positive to refer back to on the days where perhaps you don't feel like you've had such a good day, as a reminder of all the things you can do and are good at.

It will come over time though as you get more used to the people you're working with and the job you're doing. You're doing really well for getting back to it after 3 years off, that can't have been easy! x

I've listened to this video recently and she makes some decent points. I sometimes find her annoying and sometimes I like her videos but this one is okay haha maybe you'll find some of it helpful. But yeah I guess it depends on what you're not confident about and why it might be

Last edited:
Reactions: 1