Tinnitus

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does any of you have "popping ears" alongside the tinnitus? I had some testing done already but nothing too extensive, I will have a new ENT appointment soon with my insurance and would love to know a list of tests that could be worth requesting.

Reactions: 1
Hi, I just get the pulsatile tinnitus 24/7, I've seen 3 ent consultants and had MRI and ultrasound, but both clear, which I expected. Have you got the heart beat in your ear? If so you need a vascular doctor or neurologist if you can get appointment, I've gone back to my doctors and told them about a fainting episode I had so my doc is looking into a vascular or neurologist but that's if I'm lucky, I'm in UK, I'm hoping for a ct angiogram to investigate my pulsatile tinnitus, I also have a lump under my ear which the ent cant find an answer for ( they weren't very good, one was awful, told me it was my nerves!) there's a Facebook page called Pulsatile Tinnitus Sufferers, they have info in the threads, wishing you luck ❤

Hi, I just get the pulsatile tinnitus 24/7, I've seen 3 ent consultants and had MRI and ultrasound, but both clear, which I expected. Have you got the heart beat in your ear? If so you need a vascular doctor or neurologist if you can get appointment, I've gone back to my doctors and told them about a fainting episode I had so my doc is looking into a vascular or neurologist but that's if I'm lucky, I'm in UK, I'm hoping for a ct angiogram to investigate my pulsatile tinnitus, I also have a lump under my ear which the ent cant find an answer for ( they weren't very good, one was awful, told me it was my nerves!) there's a Facebook page called Pulsatile Tinnitus Sufferers, they have info in the threads, wishing you luck ❤
I have pulsatile tinnitus too along with other symptoms. I had a mri, came back clear. They then diagnosed me with migraines from my other symptoms. The PT they don’t care about and it’s worrying me sick. I’m at the one year mark now and the anxiety it’s given me is crazy

I’ve had tinnitus for around 10 years now (I’m early 30’s). I’ve seen ENT and neurology as I also suffer vertigo and migraines. My tinitus sounds like water gushing through a pipe and is there all the time but because it’s there all the time, I’ve just gotten used to it. I do wish there was something to stop it as I can’t sleep on a certain side as it makes it louder, but I’ve been told there’s absolutely nothing that can be done :/
---
ah this is what I have. I’ve had a CT scan too.

Does anyone get a deep humming sound in one ear only?

It’s so bad tonight and changing pitch, I cannot sleep and I’ve basically convinced myself I have a tumor at this point

Does anyone get a deep humming sound in one ear only?

It’s so bad tonight and changing pitch, I cannot sleep and I’ve basically convinced myself I have a tumor at this point
Yes, been having this now for a few months, seems to be at night it's at its worst, I've tried white noise at night but being used to silence at night it's just keeping me up so I've had to try learn to cope

The very first time I got it I was up all night searching the house for the noise

does anyone has a "popping" crackling sound? like when you are on an elevator or a flight but coming and going.
I already got this checked and got some drops to try but wow this is exhausting medical stuff, can't believe 2024 there are no solutions