Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PW212

Chatty Member
Hey all. As a medical professional who has overseen surgical and cancer programs clinically and as an executive, this entire journey and clinical presentation of it makes zero sense. I believe that the surgeon very well knows that the necessary surgery will not extend her life to an appreciable amount, if at all. The life altering nature of it is too much for her to bear or recover from. She is very afraid of losing Matt if she were to alter her body in this way. That is the saddest part. Matt is not up for the challenge as he seems to be a very naive and simplistic person. He will move on with his life regardless. Her dear mother knows what will be ome of this. She has suffered the most. You see the angst and heartbreak in her face allthe time. This is why she is spending more time with her other daughter. There is no way this surgery will happen even though she doesnt want to fight for it. Itwill be too late and that is the heartbreaking reality. Her minions will be shattered but they chose to be in denial with her. thank god for allof you here.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

moderngirl

I'm a new poster here, just trying to piece together my thoughts. I've been following Tiffany's story for awhile, I found her just after she announced her diagnosis. For awhile, I found her sweet and charming, and I felt so sad and sorry for her that she was dealt such a tragic hand in life. I honestly thought she was much younger than she actually is, based on her relationship with Amma, like early 20s. After awhile, it began to felt like her sweet disposition had to be an act, or at least partially so. I was shocked to learn that she had been an optometrist living on her own before all of this. She just comes across as so childlike and immature. I also think she's starting to show her true colors with asking her followers to tattle on each other - tick tick tick. She's also so clearly capitalizing on her diagnosis as a route to YouTube fame. She had a channel for years before this, and as others have pointed out, she tried to gain traction with makeup and lifestyle content, mukbangs, etc. She finally has something to offer that people seem to be interested in, so she's dragging it out as much as possible with click-baity tags, merch, catchphrases, etc. I don't agree that she should get off YouTube, as I think if she did, she would settle into a deep depression that she probably wouldn't be able to drag herself out of.

As far as her relationship with Matt, I think she's much more insecure about it than she would like us to know. There was the time at the train station when she watched to make sure he was going where he said he was going, if I'm remembering correctly. And more recently, he was going on a bike ride, and you can see in her face that she's worried about if he's really going where he says he is. I 100% agree that she thinks about how having surgery would affect their relationship, and whether he would stay. As awful as what she's going through is, it must be just as hard to think that your partner might not be there for you if you do what's necessary to save your life. Matt was also very quick to jump on the WW train, whereas someone who wanted to make sure Tiffany would survive would have advocated for the opposite. I feel the most sympathy for Amma, who is clearly well aware of what is most likely going to happen, and is devastated. Unfortunately, Tiffany is so wrapped up in her magical thinking about the curative power of prayers and well wishes that she's unlikely to accept reality. I also agree with those who have suggested that the doctor is suggesting WW based on the likelihood that the surgery would actually cure her is next to nothing. I believe it's already spread to the lungs, and the surgery could perhaps give her more time, but she may not be strong enough to get through it, especially after her severe reaction to the biopsies. Her quality of life would be significantly less as well. Tiffany is so wrapped up in appearances that I can't imagine she would sign up for colostomy and urostomy bags even if it would save her life. I can't imagine that her quality of life now is great, either. She seems very poorly a lot of the time, she looks like she's struggling to walk at times, etc. I'm glad to have found this forum of people. I couldn't believe that the commenters on her videos represented what everyone watching was thinking.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

jackolantern

VIP Member
Tbh the more I think about it the more I do just think I’m being a dick. It’s no bloody wonder she’s in denial is it really. What she’s going through is unimaginable, to have to face a surgery like that at any age but 30 years old knowing your whole life will irreparably change and it mightn’t even save you anyway? It makes me physically recoil just briefly thinking about it so for that to be her reality. When you read about it it’s bad enough but the images of what you are left with, absolutely fucking harrowing. It’s a wonder she’s getting by at all. Maybe denial is the only way. I do think Nat is a rare breed, I don’t think many could go through something like that and I’m not sure Tiffany is one of them. That’s not a criticism, just a reality. It’s just awful beyond words, cancer is such an evil disease.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

DivineMystic

So Annoyed! Tea With Tiffanythinks* ep. 15

PET scan today, no drinks tea or coffee 6 hours before. Wearing blue navy we got this tshirt, link below for purchase. So annoyed. Hospital called to say exam and anaesthetic this week, thus cannot spend time with Matt's family. Been 8 weeks since anything has been done. Can't postpone them anymore, as concerns her life. So, she has to drop the plan with Matt's family. You really can't plan anything, scans, biopsies etc can happen. All the memories she wants to make will happen in the future. I have to remember, I have to remember. CT, MRI, and biopsies being booked in 1 week. Things never go as planned. But so grateful everything's being done this week. Can't do weekend trip to see his family, because she may gave to stay the night after biopsy because of her reaction last time. Pain was unbearable. She doesn't want to be away from hospital. She lives pretty close to the hospital. So lucky to be close to hospital. So looking forward to going and spending time with Matt's family, and be with her darling. I asked Matt if I should change the hospital date, her Darling said Are you kidding me, we've been waiting for the date...

I am living my life. Cancer does not take over my life. I might put Cancer in my title, for people to understand that just because you have cancer, you can embrace life. I'm keeping very busy doing things I like eg. buying tights at Primark. Not cancer free yet. If you feel offended, you don't need to watch. I want people to know I'm going through the hardest time in my life. In the back of my mind, it's always there. Just because I'm laughing etc, it doesn't mean I don't care. If I'm shopping, I still get the pain. Just because you know someone with cancer, I want you to know that it doesn't mean I don't have cancer. I put Cancer in my title because iff you have cancer you are allowed to go shopping and be happy. It's at the back of my mind. Of course I want you to watch my videos, so that you can support someone with cancer, whether mental or otherwise. I have no idea. That's how ignorant I am. See how my family and friends and darling treat me. I am going to read a book etc. I spend a lot of time editing videos. Of course I want people to watch. It's my little online family. I like replying to comments. I'd rather have people who subscribes and genuinely be happy for me, I don't want the silver plaque. This is free. YT is a free platform. No one is forcing you to watch. Move on with your lives. I love doing YT. It makes me very happy. I have the time. When I go back to work, I'd need to cut down on putting up vids.

I am going to get ready to go to the hospital. Thank you for listening to rant. I'm upset. At least a step closer for all these to end. Imagine no cancer cells again. I wanna cry. I might have biopsy and there is no cancer. It could go the other way. Taking all the appointments as they come. Thank you for watching, allowing me to be me, accepting me for who I am, appreciate you. Everyday you give me a purpose, and love you, stay warm and cozy, and be kind and nice!

Subscribe, join my loving TT family and out!

P/S Annoyed is the key spelling word for the day.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

DivineMystic

can't sleep (spend the night with me) *cancer*

Went down to kitchen. Struggling to sleep. Things are getting hectic with scans the next couple of days. Warming milk in new pan. Tastes so much better than in microwave. Close shave - hectic and messy warming the milk. Reminded herself that we got this, we got this. Warm milk takes her back to childhood, amma would put sugar in her warm milk. Drinking and reading comments. Matt is a deep sleeper. She's always awake. Once scans are done, she'll be ok again. Nice break away from hospital. Whatever happens is gonna be ok in the end, it's out of her control anyway. Hurdles in your life, how do you guys deal with them, let her know! Pray or drink milk? She knows she shouldn't worry.

Regarding a comment that she'd read. Spot on. That she's allowed to grieve the life that she'd have had. She handles things by bottling things. At 30, she's trying to change that, but she's stuck in her ways. Feeling scared and worried for what's to come. Trying to be ok for other people. Ok not to be ok. All humans. Absolutely fine. Milk talk. Hates soy milk. Loves almond milk. Looking for good hot choc to try and put in warm milk. A treat, Vegan choc? May make her less guilty (of what?!)

Menopausal or worried = sleeplessness? Maybe looking at screen, mind doesn't know it's bedtime? Writing in bullet journal, wants a new one for the new year. Same company or from elsewhere, still write in bullet journal or not? A notebook? A diary? What do you guys think? Let her know guys! Reading book, really really good. Should post it on Tiffanythinks bookclub instagram page. Follow her and she'll talk about this book.

Opening Amazon box, haul time. Memory card for YT storage purposes. Vlogging a lot lately. Baby Einstein sticky spinner for her niece. Let her know if you'd like to see random night time with me, spend the night with me? Write yes yes yes yes yes in comments. Good night, subscribe, see you, love you, and out!

P/S 'Hectic" peppered milk warming.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

virgocat

Huh?! What's the problem? Viewers are "contributing" by watching her....voluntarily! They're not exactly shelling out any cash and they can switch off if they want. She hasn't asked anyone for financial help and she's just selling T-shirts like anyone of you can if you want and like many do. If she makes money from her videos and T-Shirts, what's the big deal? Why would anyone care that she's making money? It's absurd and hilarious to see people upset or dismayed or whatever the hell they're bothered about by her making some money.

Besides, she still has a huge audience even though the cancer content is like 5% on some videos, her audience doesn't seem to mind. It's her channel, she can do wtf she wants with it. She can talk as little or as much as she wants about the cancer, surely. She's under no absurd obligation to do anything to satisfy random people's curiosities. And if she asked for advise, she also has a right to completely disregard it and start focusing on other topics she wants...and that her audience clearly want to consume.
you clearly know tiffany or you are tiffany... so I'd probably suggest you to get off this thread for your own sanity. Every comment you have made here is fanatically in her support.

And of course she can talk as little about the cancer as she wishes, the problem is she has focused her whole channel around it and clickbaits cancer in every video. A video with a cancer related title you dont expect the video to actually be someone pissing around talking about garden centres and t-shirts with a 20 second mention of cancer. She even said herself in her stand up to cancer segment she wants to raise awareness, what is she raising awareness for other than ugg slippers and bullet journals.

• Heart

DivineMystic

I don't mean to blow her cover but someone posted this comment, and before it gets deleted:
Please retitle so cancer patients won't be hoodwinked into watching an unboxing video.

Blobvvv

*Trigger Warning* *Graphic*

I'm sorry if this may disturb some people. I watched the total pelvic exenteration procedure last night and when they are done with the grueling procedure, they sew up the backside (buttocks) flat. It becomes one big piece with no partition. During the procedure they flip the patient up to down and down to up to better extract all the tissues and organs. They remove the entire vagina, including the vulva and it becomes a hollow hole. (Of course afterwards they would perform plastic surgery to create a neovagina). Tiffany will never get this surgery. Ever.

• Wow
  • Sad

Villanelly

VIP Member
A gentle reminder that ‘policing’ other people’s posts is generally frowned upon at Tattle. If you are unhappy with particular posts then it’s best to leave them to it and scroll on by.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22

ginnyw

VIP Member
Looks like you just joined and offered your two pence without reading the threads. There's so much more here than 'bitching about a young woman with cancer' people have offered very personal life experiences and generated open minded discussions - you, come across very judgemental and your statements aren't even factually correct.
Yes, I think we started these threads out of frustration, not to 'bitch' about Tiffany. I don't think there is one person on here who doesn't feel sorry for a young woman struck down with cancer. It's just that she has chosen to share her journey in a confusing way.

DivineMystic

Talking to the Nurse (Blood & Mucus) *cancer*

Shopping and misc bits:
In car with Matt to shopping centre, talking about black cabinet, makeup, etc. Did shopping. Nov the 10th is the deadline she gave for her and Matt to get all things ready for Xmas. She decided no presents for Xmas, just pjs, and small presents for everyone, but worded it to her darling Matt like I told you we decided not to have presents right. No report. Not meaningful.
Cut to back to the house, so cold, and in cosy robe from John Lewis (surprise). Tea and show and tell about shopping haul, makeup and Xmas pillows. "Darling Matt" peppered throughout show and tell. She wants memories, so that 10 years down the road, she can say to Matt oh remember we got this at where and when. She likes making memories, all she wants to do is just that, because she's getting older. She knows unpredictable life, but one can hold on to memories. Mom said hello from kitchen. Dinner, and how much would you pay. Matt said it's the best thing she's ever ever made. More not meaningful talk.

Cancer bits:
Tel. convo. with her nurse about mucus and bleeding. She feels comforted after speaking with the nurse that these side effects are normal, not so much mucus and bleeding, and what's going on in her backside now though. She wonders how much will longer will it continue, only will get worse after the upcoming biopsy, then better?

Thank you, subscribe, and out!

• Heart
She admitted she never watched cancer youtubers and now she says her vlogs with "cancer" in the titles can help people to understand that cancer patients can lead normal lives. She obviously doesn't know that youtubers with cancer show a lot of their normal lives, they just don't use clickbait titles.
Exactly. I also don't appreciate her accusation that the people upset about the clickbaiting are simply mad that she's happy in the videos. she then admits she doesn't film parts where she is in pain. But if you're vlogging about your cancer journey, and you want people to keep watching for that, it doesn't make sense to cut those parts and instead film yourself cooking or sitting drinking tea, or talking about shopping. I don't get it at all...

she spends more energy responding to supposed "hate" comments than she does informing the audience about what's going on with her cancer.

• Heart

J3N1800

Have people seriously made a thread to bitch about a young woman with cancer? I have watched Tiffany for a while and she is a good person who is doing the best she can in an awful situation. She is a pharmacist and understands the medical details of her illness more than most patients, she talks about it the best way she can, she is of course interested in her own bloody cancer and has done a massive amount of research to the point where she is monitoring her own CEA levels (tumour marker for colon cancer). Having watched the vlog where she almost died of cdiff and her Stand up to Cancer video, I cannot believe there is even a thread with hate towards her. I hope she beats this horrific disease. The operation she most likely going to have to have anyway, involves a mesorectum excision, removing the vagina?, rectum god knows what else, so no wonder she is waiting a little bit longer. She is thirty, hopefully, nothing changes cancer-wise.
Looks like you just joined and offered your two pence without reading the threads. There's so much more here than 'bitching about a young woman with cancer' people have offered very personal life experiences and generated open minded discussions - you, come across very judgemental and your statements aren't even factually correct.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It is so hard. Life can be so unfair, some people are blessed with good health and others are not.

I often think that life is hard. I often feel anxious about current things and about the future.

BlockedAndDeleted

But she's been super skinny for years. I think she has eating issues
I’m not gonna say she has an eating disorder because it’s very hard to know that from afar, but she does seem to have a difficult relationship with food. That’s just the vibe I get from watching her videos and hearing her word choices. Honestly, though, her last video was yammering about nothing for 15 minutes straight, and the only time she got remotely close to saying she’s scared, she immediately fell back onto “we got this”. She’s really using that catchphrase as part of the denial. It ain’t good.

To add to that, I don’t like “it’s OK to not be OK”. It’s like some teenager said it and thought it was really clever, so all their teenager friends started saying it too. She also used that cliche phrase as a way to cut off talking about fears. Not to nurture that thought process. It’s pretty obvious she didn’t go to the shrink appointment because she’s a nervous wreck with no coping strategies. I agree that she is trying to up engagement by asking people these questions because we know she doesn’t listen to the answers.

Very manic and bizarre rambling to compensate for impending reality. I have a lot of sympathy for her shit situation, but she’s not helping herself by ignoring the therapy that was offered and using cheap platitudes to prop herself up. She herself mentioned a “breakdown” from bottling things up, which is the only thing that made sense from the vlog. She says she is “trying to be better” about her mental approach but doesn’t get any help to actually do that. Talking to YouTube isn’t enough.

I’m scared for what we’re gonna see in the near future. Her psyche is so fragile.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

mayday mayday

Re today's vlog ... first she says the scans are in a couple of days ... then later says the scans are next week. Pick a lane and stay in it !!! She could have told her loving TF the exact date of the scans ... it should be right there in the all-knowing bullet journal. Why the secrecy?

It's funny that when she went to the hospital last time for her appointment, she said about people wanting to see her diagnosis "this is the last time I'll be addressing this" and how she was going to ignore "negative" comments, but in this new video she starts talking about "if you're offended about what I put in my videos then you dont have to watch, and I put cancer in the title because I'm always thinking about cancer." I feel like she oversimplifies some of the comments and tries to get her followers to get upset and act like people are always bullying her.
The comments are at the very least 97% positive. I think it's valid that *cancer* be removed from the title if she talks about it for two seconds in the video..It's misleading. I don't get the need to fixate on the few people who don't pour praise on her and question why she's been vague. It's very intentional that she puts cancer in the title, or writes the title in all caps, and uses a thumbnail where she's panicked to draw in viewers. That's not some strange accident. Just like the we got this t-shirts didn't fall on her lap one day. Those are conscious decisions she makes, people aren't just making things up to criticize her. And once again choosing to talk about a handful of comments she doesn't like to get her followers to dump more praise on her in the comments.
If I apply her logic I would call my presentation at work *chocolate* because I always think about chocolate when I am at work.

• Haha

Cosmo Kramer

Yes, I saw that, and people are questioning why she is adding the word Cancer in EVERY video. Her Channel is not a Cancer channel, it's a mundane channel, and so I don't think she should be adding Cancer to her Vlog Titles. But once again, she's failing to see the issue; big surprise!!
I agree. I don't buy that she adds *cancer* to her vlogs to show that normal life goes on with cancer. She adds it because she gets more views and therefore income. I think it's quite manipulative.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

ginnyw

VIP Member
Oh dear. Thanks to Divine Mystic's brilliant summary (thanks DM!) I can see that our Tiffany is in Rant Mode. I'm afraid I still am not convinced by her explanation for why she likes doing the reels - 'so that you can support someone with cancer.' Well, yes, that's part of it but that's not the whole truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 20