Tier 3 Instamums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For sale-6 Mother sweatshirts bought 3 years ago before Instagram gave us the Instamummy! R.R.P £175 yours for £10- ( 2 more but I cannot find them) hands up those who bought one and no longer wears it? #wingingit #mother ??
That’s funny- I just gave mine away to a mum friend too and cringed at the thought that I actually bought one ??‍♀ Xx

Reactions: 1
Shell and the littles is constantly follow and unfollowing me every few weeks I had a mind to block her but just let her get on with it but now she’s just posted a gambling ad I think I’m gonna commit to the block - her and her instamum clique are meant to be pretty unpleasant in person too I read on Mumsnet
Yes shellandthelittles follows then waits for you to follow then unfollows as soon as you do then I unfollow her then few weeks later she’ll follow then i’ll follow back then she unfollows!! She’s such a tool! Shows how fake they all are...blocked her now too

Reactions: 3
That’s funny- I just gave mine away to a mum friend too and cringed at the thought that I actually bought one ??‍♀ Xx
I bought one too and now can’t wear it in public too cringey ..I feel like I must have been so vulnerable with a new born and wanting to feel part of the gang that they manage to flog me so much on Instagram. I have the mere soeur mug, the mother sweater etc
Heysareta talks sense her post today is about how people are over instagram now

Reactions: 4
mother_ofall_adventures

I think this insta mum is lovely but God help me I can't understand half of her captions

Reactions: 2
Has anyone listened to CB/PapaB’s latest podcast episode? He refers to comments he read about himself on here.

CB used threatening language, it was nothing to do with her being a passionate PoC. It would have still been aggressive if it came from a white woman. She has been great about surfacing issues regarding privilege and discrimination which is why I felt very conflicted about unf ollowing. It all felt a bit Cash Carr away to me, her language and tone was bullying and power seeking.

If Papa B is reading, please (if you haven't already) consider the impact of excluding your eldest child from the grid. There may be a whole host of reasons why she doesn't appear, but as a child whose father went onto have a 'second' family and they had portraits and #familytime whilst I visited at the weekend's it all felt as if I was a guest member. I don't mean that in a goady way either.

CB used threatening language, it was nothing to do with her being a passionate PoC. It would have still been aggressive if it came from a white woman. She has been great about surfacing issues regarding privilege and discrimination which is why I felt very conflicted about unf ollowing. It all felt a bit Cash Carr away to me, her language and tone was bullying and power seeking.

If Papa B is reading, please (if you haven't already) consider the impact of excluding your eldest child from the grid. There may be a whole host of reasons why she doesn't appear, but as a child whose father went onto have a 'second' family and they had portraits and #familytime whilst I visited at the weekend's it all felt as if I was a guest member. I don't mean that in a goady way either.
Fwiw, I am doubtful that the absence of Papa B's eldest daughter from his family's IG is his own decision. It is his by dictation; by CB. That's my perception. Clearly, stand corrected if I am wrong.

I thought that when I listened to it, I follow her, I think she does great things calling out prejudice, privilege, discrimination etc as you say, BUT how they both came across was agressive and I would say that if they were white/black/brown/green with purple spots. It’s hard though to judge tone and where someone is coming from on the internet, wires will be crossed.

I thought that when I listened to it, I follow her, I think she does great things calling out prejudice, privilege, discrimination etc as you say, BUT how they both came across was agressive and I would say that if they were white/black/brown/green with purple spots. It’s hard though to judge tone and where someone is coming from on the internet, wires will be crossed.
She has passionately got her point across previously without threatening people, which is why I was so disappointed. She was called out about the shoes and responded in a very crappy way. Threatening to sling people through the mud and wanting to disembowel them (paraphrasing) is not the way forward. She lost the moral high ground on that one for me. And I say that as someone who has fiercely defended her on other forums, zaher was a person of enlightenment for me previously.

Hi there, I’m going to go against my No 1 rule here by engaging in this website to address this ( and this is not a move to defend anything or anyone ), with that being said, my comment with regards to me being classed at aggressive was about me and me only, as I felt it was a reach for anyone to call me aggressive ( if you are a POC, you will understand how painful it is ) when all I’m doing is being passionate about my belief and what I know which was and is formed by my experience, I am also not trying to force it down anyone’s throat as I know we are all different hence the difference in opinions, but true togetherness comes from understanding that we will have have a difference is beliefs which is ok as this is what makes everybody unique.. in the case of Candices outburst, I beg you to try to put yourself in her shoes, she is not a robot, she’s human with feelings and to be called a monkey or black witch or a grey black woman almost everyday by someone random ( trust me it does happen ) would eventually take its toll as it would on anybody, coupled with the fact that it just so happens that real life stuff is currently happening at the moment, things that can break anybody. Agreed that incident could have been dealt with in a diff way however her post that day about wanting to sell the shoes where also Mis understood by that woman , which meant what she had to say about it was also flawed, and when you throw in the other things I’ve mentioned above it’s bound to go south, I hope you do understand.. we all learn every day and Candice has most certainly learnt a lesson here.
Now moving on to the comment in regards to my first child which is the reason I decided to comment.. this situation hurts me every day, it’s pain I choose not to speak about as it is sometimes unbearable, and like you rightly said there might be a whole host of reasons ( trust me it’s a lot including legal ones ) which we are currently still going through and it may go on for much longer.. I know that one day I will have to explain to my daughter and I pray for the strength to do so. I would love to talk to you about your experience as I am currently at a cross road regarding this ..
and just to add because of all that is going on I/we am/are forbidden to post anything about her on social so this is most definitely not a move to erase her from existence, but actually just abiding by the rules we have been set. I hope my explaining is satisfactory.
It is my aim to always listen to alternative viewpoints however, I much like everybody will draw a line when it becomes a tad bit disrespectful .

Reactions: 11
With the above being said and with the aim of being respectful. I will not address the situation about my Daugter anymore.. it is too painful for me to keep talking about it .. I just know the right thing will be done eventually . I hope this is ok ?

But like I said above I am open and happy to listening to people’s POV and opinion, as long as people know that everyone’s situation is u unique.

Thank you all

Reactions: 8
With the above being said and with the aim of being respectful. I will not address the situation about my Daugter anymore.. it is too painful for me to keep talking about it .. I just know the right thing will be done eventually . I hope this is ok ?

But like I said above I am open and happy to listening to people’s POV and opinion, as long as people know that everyone’s situation is u unique.

Thank you all
Thank you for addressing this- I don't actually follow you and therefore don't know anything about this but I hope that everything works out for your daughter and your family.

Thank you for doing the opposite of being aggressive when addressing these points, as you say everyone has different view points and I couldn't imagine how it would feel to be treated differently due to the colour of my skin so you and your wife have my respect for dealing with that on a daily basis and still speaking out.

Hi there, I’m going to go against my No 1 rule here by engaging in this website to address this ( and this is not a move to defend anything or anyone ), with that being said, my comment with regards to me being classed at aggressive was about me and me only, as I felt it was a reach for anyone to call me aggressive ( if you are a POC, you will understand how painful it is ) when all I’m doing is being passionate about my belief and what I know which was and is formed by my experience, I am also not trying to force it down anyone’s throat as I know we are all different hence the difference in opinions, but true togetherness comes from understanding that we will have have a difference is beliefs which is ok as this is what makes everybody unique.. in the case of Candices outburst, I beg you to try to put yourself in her shoes, she is not a robot, she’s human with feelings and to be called a monkey or black witch or a grey black woman almost everyday by someone random ( trust me it does happen ) would eventually take its toll as it would on anybody, coupled with the fact that it just so happens that real life stuff is currently happening at the moment, things that can break anybody. Agreed that incident could have been dealt with in a diff way however her post that day about wanting to sell the shoes where also Mis understood by that woman , which meant what she had to say about it was also flawed, and when you throw in the other things I’ve mentioned above it’s bound to go south, I hope you do understand.. we all learn every day and Candice has most certainly learnt a lesson here.
Now moving on to the comment in regards to my first child which is the reason I decided to comment.. this situation hurts me every day, it’s pain I choose not to speak about as it is sometimes unbearable, and like you rightly said there might be a whole host of reasons ( trust me it’s a lot including legal ones ) which we are currently still going through and it may go on for much longer.. I know that one day I will have to explain to my daughter and I pray for the strength to do so. I would love to talk to you about your experience as I am currently at a cross road regarding this ..
and just to add because of all that is going on I/we am/are forbidden to post anything about her on social so this is most definitely not a move to erase her from existence, but actually just abiding by the rules we have been set. I hope my explaining is satisfactory.
It is my aim to always listen to alternative viewpoints however, I much like everybody will draw a line when it becomes a tad bit disrespectful .
I hear you, everyone’s human and most of us are far from perfect and there is absolutely no excuse for the things she had to/has to endure. I appreciate your reply and wish you both all the best.

I'm sorry Candice has to deal with that kind of stuff, it's abhorrent. I must admit I felt pretty disappointed in Candice's outburst. Having removed a lot of instagrammers off my feed for not providing any kind of positive experience for me as follower, Candice and Jen were pretty much the only ones left with anything interesting to say, so to see Jen being addressed in that way was really quite upsetting; I couldn't imagine anyone saying those kind of things to me and me not being completely devastated by it. She talks about quilting and crafts most of the time fgs, she's not spoiling for fights with anyone! I hope they have managed to bury the hatchet off line and good luck with sorting out your family issues.

Thank you all
Thank you for your reply and engagement, I've pm'd you.

Whilst I applaud the engagement here; my opinion........this offering of contrition is provided entirely in the context of fear of losing followers (from both accounts). Call me a cycnic.. and I will most likely answer to it!

I appreciate that everyone has issues going on in their life and that a lot of crap goes on behind the Insta curtains. As much as influencers don't owe the public anything (beyond transparency and adherence to ASA guidelines) I don't feel that the public owe anything to influencers either. In many ways the public are the bread the butter as without those numbers there would be no ads/collabs/paid partnerships. That crafty woman posting about the shoes had a point IMO; whether she is goady or not I've no idea as I don't follow or know her. Influencers (or anyone on social media) should not have to deal with slurs or derogatory behaviour but they IMO as a public figure do have a duty to keep their business personas professional. I was watching Candice's stories after the incident fully expecting her apologize, as to me she is a person with high integrity. I think the crafty person's point could have opened up a good debate about dealing with debt and still being able to live your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.