Thyroid issues/hormone imbalance

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello tattle friends 😊

I’m hoping for some advice or just similar experiences.

I’m late twenties, 1 child (took 3 years to conceive)

My periods have always been regular up until I had my 2nd covid vaccine. Since then I’ve had up to 5 months between periods and just generally all over the place with them.
I’m constantly bloody knackered, no amount of sleep feels enough, fatigued, exhausted, I do take multi vitamins but I do have a sort of ‘low iron’ thing on my medical notes.
I get loads of headaches and often depressed/mood swings/overthinking/crying for nothing etc.

Now I’ve typed it it just sounds like normal TOTM stuff but I’ve requested a blood test for thyroid issues or imbalances.

Has anyone else my sort of age experienced anything similar? I’m also really concerned I may be infertile/struggling fertility wise. I have no clue when I ovulate or if I even do. We would like a second child soon and I cried for a long time when I read that the NHS would class the length of time it took me to get pregnant as ‘secondary infertility’

xxx

First port of call should be a full blood screen to check your vitamins, hormones and thyroid stats. One imbalance can make you feel rotten. You can raise your concerns around fertility but I dont think they action anything until youve been trying for a certain amount of time

Reactions: 1
I’m older than you but was diagnosed with an under active thyroid about a year ago. Tell tale signs were changes to my periods. I was starting to wonder if I was starting to go through the menopause. By GP said I was most likely too young for that, and I have had a borderline under active thyroid for a good few years so she advised me to have my bloods checked and low and behold it had actually become under active. I’m on levothyroxine now which helped settle periods a bit, but they’ve recently become a little too heavy again. I am meant to have my bloods checked every 6 months but forgot last autumn so had them done again the other day and awaiting the results.
i was surprised to find out if you’re on medication for your thyroid you’re entitled to free prescriptions (for the first time in my life!). If I were you I’d make an appt to get bloods checked and take it from there

I’m older than you but was diagnosed with an under active thyroid about a year ago. Tell tale signs were changes to my periods. I was starting to wonder if I was starting to go through the menopause. By GP said I was most likely too young for that, and I have had a borderline under active thyroid for a good few years so she advised me to have my bloods checked and low and behold it had actually become under active. I’m on levothyroxine now which helped settle periods a bit, but they’ve recently become a little too heavy again. I am meant to have my bloods checked every 6 months but forgot last autumn so had them done again the other day and awaiting the results.
i was surprised to find out if you’re on medication for your thyroid you’re entitled to free prescriptions (for the first time in my life!). If I were you I’d make an appt to get bloods checked and take it from there
The period thing is why I’m worried and it’s making me think thyroid. They’ve always been quite regular but now I’m getting a period every few months and they’re so erratic, my last period was 2nd February and then 24th March (only bled for a day) so there’s no date correlation either.
Got a blood test booked for next week, but I know when I had my son I lost a lot of blood and have always been on the cusp of being anaemic is well 😕

Reactions: 2
The period thing is why I’m worried and it’s making me think thyroid. They’ve always been quite regular but now I’m getting a period every few months and they’re so erratic, my last period was 2nd February and then 24th March (only bled for a day) so there’s no date correlation either.
Got a blood test booked for next week, but I know when I had my son I lost a lot of blood and have always been on the cusp of being anaemic is well 😕
If it is the thyroid at least you know they can help you. I hope they start to settle for you soon. It’s a bloody nightmare - literally! X

Yeah my thyroid went right under after I had my vaccine I have to get 6 weekly blood tests to monitor my levels

Blood results came back all normal apart from low B12, so something else is causing my periods to be like they are 😩

• Sad