Those two princesses in the tower...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last night I couldn’t sleep and my mind kept bringing me back to Princess Shamsa and Princess Latifa of Dubai.
i always wanted to visit Dubai . It seemed so glamorous and exotic. Yes it is but after reading what is happening with Princess Haya and her husband ( are they divorced already? ) I couldn’t bring myself to go there, even if offered a trip for free.
anyone else following this story?
does anyone know if these two young women are still alive.

Reactions: 4
According to the Guardian article on the judgement, Princess Haya was religiously divorced without her knowledge, one of the things that made her grab her children and run when she found out. That's why she had her children made wards of court in England. She also apparently saw one of the imprisoned stepdaughters just before she left. I suspect she didn't go home to Jordan in order not to become a political football between the two countries. It seems that her ex underestimated her; with a father, brother, two sisters, nephew and niece all passing out of Sandhurst, and a sister in Special Forces, she was never going to be unresourceful if she was anything like the rest of her family.

Dubai is tacky and treats foreign workers like slaves. I grew up in the Gulf and wouldn't go near it any more. Try Oman (Muscat).

Reactions: 12
I’ve always said I’d never go to Dubai and it’s weird to me that people do

Reactions: 14
According to the Guardian article on the judgement, Princess Haya was religiously divorced without her knowledge, one of the things that made her grab her children and run when she found out. That's why she had her children made wards of court in England. She also apparently saw one of the imprisoned stepdaughters just before she left. I suspect she didn't go home to Jordan in order not to become a political football between the two countries. It seems that her ex underestimated her; with a father, brother, two sisters, nephew and niece all passing out of Sandhurst, and a sister in Special Forces, she was never going to be unresourceful if she was anything like the rest of her family.

Dubai is tacky and treats foreign workers like slaves. I grew up in the Gulf and wouldn't go near it any more. Try Oman (Muscat).
Thanks for these useful insights.
its starting to make a bit more sense now . Why she fled in the first place.
it must be terrifying as he appears to have a long reach.
what a horrible position to be in , knowing that one minute you could be out and about and the next be bundled into a car and transported back to Dubai, rarely if ever to be seen again.

Reactions: 2
It has never appealed to me anyway. Too restrictive even for outsiders at times. The documentary on the princess who tried to escape by boat was terrifying. I forget the name.That poor girl went through so much and still is. Supposedly drugged to her eyeballs and watched 24/7. It's a horrible society for females to live in.:(

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Princess Shamsa was kidnapped in England, off the street in Cambridge, while Princess Latifa was the one taken off the boat. She was paraded before Mary Robinson, the former Irish President, to show that she was alive, and Princess Haya says that she has seen her several times. I'm not sure if anyone has seen her sister.

Reactions: 1
I just recently watched the documentary about Latifa, makes me sick. And it saddens me that it's not publicised enough. All these people swanning off to Dubai not knowing it's history and the rules women have to live by.

Reactions: 4
I honestly have only just heard of this from clicking on this thread! had no idea about it, would think it would have been publicised more!

Never been interested in Dubai though, always seems sketchy

Reactions: 1
Behind all the shiny luxury hotels, artificial islands, and ostentatious displays of wealth, there is a whole heap of misery in Dubai. Modern slavery of the worst kind. So many construction deaths to build those luxury hotels, appalling welfare, safety and living conditions for construction workers. Look how the rulers treat their own family! My conscience won't allow me to ever set foot in Dubai, let alone live and work there!

Reactions: 3