Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
I know one of Martin Lewis’ writers, and he said ML is really lovely and works extremely hard. Very fair and pays the team well, and really encourages a good work/life balance. He’s very driven by the need to help people. My friend said that it’s clear ML is on the spectrum, so if you don’t know him his communication can come across strangely at times (and he’s quite shy) - but that he is a genuinely good egg.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Rylan is wonderful. Is he a qualified journalist with masses of gravitas? No. But he's warm and funny and is the best male host the show has ever had IMVHO. He works well with Josie.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Oh my god Alison. Talk about put your foot in it

Shirley Ballas, Strictly judge, is on at the moment talking about doing a parachute jump in aid of CALM, a suicide prevention charity, as her brother had committed suicide some years ago

Alison asked how Shirley’s mum feels about her doing it and Shirley said that her mum lives with her and they both still feel the loss of her brother and when she told her what she was doing her mum said “I’m not talking to you” but after explaining why she was doing it she understood but she won’t go and watch her do it as she’s nervous

Alison then says the following: “She’s already lost one child, to lose another…..I know that’s not going to happen as there is safety…..” then realises what she said.

Way to reassure her Alison 🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

kev1974

VIP Member
ITV may finally have struck gold with this pairing. I never rated Cat Deeley much before but alongside Rylan the pair of them are almost a joy to watch. They both make it look so effortless.

Willoughby (and probably Schofield too) must be sat at home FUMING today.

• Heart
The programme is utter dogshit. The fact that they refer to their viewers as 'Tower block Tracies' tells you all you need to know about the contempt they have for their viewers. It's been rubbish for years, compounded by Philip Savile and simpering Holly and now seems to be a mish mash of fashion and make up tips, terrible cooking segments and interviews with mentally ill people who claim to be married to ghosts/attracted to rollercoasters/had 200k worth of plastic surgery, interspersed with mogodan man Dermot, equally Dull Ben and Cat and the shrieking Hammond. It's had its day and just as you would take a terminally ill dog to the vets, it's time to axe this tripe for something better. Even reruns of Midsomer Murders would be preferable.

• Haha

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I can't believe Craig is FIFTY TWO! He could easily pass for Holly's age.
Yeah when Craig was talking to Mark Wright and his family and said to his dad: “your generation and my generation……” Mark was surprised as Craig was including himself in an older generation and probably thought Craig was nearer to his (Mark’s) age when he’s actually closer to Mark’s dad’s age

As you say Craig could easily pass for early 40s

Craig, in my opinion, is a really natural presenter and can go from light and frothy to serious subjects without looking awkward. I hope he’s given more presenting roles as he deserves it

• Heart
Reactions: 20

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
Still rooting for Fearn to come back 💪
truthfully - I think an older woman who has lived her life, maybe had kids, been divorced, had surgeries/illness etc, multiple careers etc - is SO much more inspirational as a presenter than a young 30s size 8 presenter who is dead behind the eyes.

I don’t mean to be ageist or sexist (I’m 30s myself) - but I just don’t find these young girls particularly good at offering real life advice to the real life women who watch.

I think these older strong women are SO much more relatable. Think Judy F, Fearne, Vanessa etc. People are sick of presenters slash models slash pop singers who sit there like Barbie Dolls and offer very little interesting opinions or life experience. Give me someone with an ex husband and cellulite, please!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

kev1974

VIP Member
1697125210155.png

Um just phone Eamonn and Ruth and ask them how much dosh they want, write the cheque immediately, job done. Morons.

Or Fern if E&R won't do it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Re Alison - sick of seeing her everywhere. I much preferred her doing the celebrity interviews & just being the entertainment reporter. Very much doubt she'll be going back to that so i guess we're stuck with her 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Rylan replacing Phillip would be the cherry on the cake imo.

If the gossip is anything to be believed, Rylan left TM because he found out about Phil and the runner. He was one of the first dissenters towards Scofe. Making him Phillip's successor is just poetic justice lol.

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I still can't get my head around why Alison got the For the love of dogs gig.
She doesn't seem natural with dogs or has an affinity to them. Dermot seemed more interested and hands on the Alison with buddy the TM dog. It was an awful decision to have her, and I feel an insult to Paul O Grady! X

• Heart
Reactions: 18