Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People with super long acrylic nails doing stuff with food. I’ve just watched someone on Insta put chopped chicken into a marinade and then shove her hands with really long nails into the bowl to mix. Why not use a spoon? I sometimes get acrylics for special occasions and they can be quite hard to clean under properly. I would hate to have raw chicken slime underneath.

• Sick
Reactions: 44
I’m a member of a Facebook group for people in my profession. It’s very popular and attracts multiple posts per day.

The moderators always seemed fair and relatively hands-off… until recently! We are now subjected to constant lengthy essays about the always-changing and increasingly-specific “rules”. Threads are frequently shut down because things are getting “heated” (this usually means that people just disagree rather than throw insults at each other). Swearing is now banned - not just swearing at each other but swearing in general (like “this job makes me feel like tit”) because it’s a “slippery slope”. It’s a professional group so we’re all, by definition, grown adults!

As always with these people, we are also subjected to lengthy woe-is-me diatribes about how challenging it is to be a moderator of a bloody Facebook group. The moderator of my hometown community group is exactly the same. You’d think these people were on the frontlines of a war rather than deciding on what the Facebook cover photo should be.

Are conceited martyrs naturally attracted to becoming Facebook group moderators or does the role just turn these people into insufferable egotists?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I’m sure it has been said before, but people making a huge fuss of being private on sm.
This has become a rant I apologise!
Loads of people posting about their relationship but making a big deal of only using their partners initial, not their name (NO ONE CARES!), or posting kids pictures with emojis over them!
I wonder if these people know it’s not compulsory to post?? They could just not post comments or pictures, but instead they put all this effort into making a point about how little they share! It especially annoys me when it’s clear there is something you wouldn’t want to share in a picture so they post it anyway with an emoji covering that part. I want to shout ‘just don’t post it!!’ An actress posted a picture of her topless in bed while she was taking a phone call. it was ‘candid’ taken by someone else, and she posted it and put emojis over her breasts - she could have so easily cropped it, but it obviously gave her some sense of…I don’t even know…to post something and cover part of it! SO weird!!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
So much better than plastering them all over social media :)
Yeah but will the child EVER sit and look through five thousand photos of dried pasta collages and drawings he did as an eight year old? All that effort for absolutely nothing 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Yeah but will the child EVER sit and look through five thousand photos of dried pasta collages and drawings he did as an eight year old? All that effort for absolutely nothing 🤣
And it’ll probably end up with loads of “Tatiana says you make her wet” type spam
---
IMG_5623.jpeg

These things. I saved you the job hun and deleted you. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 34
This is really trivial, but I’m getting sick of seeing the response ‘so true’. It’s usually in response to something ranty or politically incorrect.

Reactions: 6
People requesting ideas for teacher gifts on Facebook and the posts being absolutely swarmed by sellers of complete and utter TAT! The teachers must inwardly groan when they are handed yet another mug wrapped in cellophane or a box of stale cupcakes from Traceys Treatz 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I have lived in Scotland for 35 years but am struggling with that lol 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm very much not Scottish and I am STRUGGLING 😂 I got stuck on "abyoose" then gave up. Translation for us English folk pls? 🙏😂
“ to whom it may concern,
I am voicing my frustration at the fact that my mother was subjected to foul play on her home residence and I do not have a form of recourse or reporting through the proper authorities. I best not see her when I am out leisurely shopping in Waitrose”

• Haha
Reactions: 32
People requesting ideas for teacher gifts on Facebook and the posts being absolutely swarmed by sellers of complete and utter TAT! The teachers must inwardly groan when they are handed yet another mug wrapped in cellophane or a box of stale cupcakes from Traceys Treatz 😑
How about a nice graze box? For just £10 you can get a cake box filled with sweets from B&M, Party Rings, a couple of sad looking cupcakes and a handful of popcorn chucked over it. All assembled in someone’s house. Why bother going to a supermarket and buying hygienically sealed snacks in bags when you can get a bonus dog hair or fingernail from some Facebook rando.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Is this Scottish? Maybe this belongs on your own page not a community group 😂
Oh you naughty people. I won’t stop until I find the little rapscallion who put dainty holes in my mamas windows. I’m addressing you, and if I see you in my local greengrocers I will challenge you to a duel. Chin chin
* I’m Scottish but that’s threw me 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
How about a nice graze box? For just £10 you can get a cake box filled with sweets from B&M, Party Rings, a couple of sad looking cupcakes and a handful of popcorn chucked over it. All assembled in someone’s house. Why bother going to a supermarket and buying hygienically sealed snacks in bags when you can get a bonus dog hair or fingernail from some Facebook rando.
You forgot the icing bags with hot chocolate powder in them! So fancy.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The prom posts and young kids ‘graduating’ from nursery/primary school etc are starting and I’m already sick of the shite. Perhaps I am miserable but no-one cares. People just try to out do one another.
Also, local MUA’s posting prom make up on kids about 11 years old. False eyelashes the lot! 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 31
Omg please say none of you guys are joining this bloody threads thing?! I can’t cope with another social media platform haha

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.