Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mayday

VIP Member
The titles such as:

"I spent HOwWwwW muUuUUch?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!! ($500) In Zara/on ebay/in Topshop/Zaful, was it WoRRrth IT?!?! :ROFLMAO:"

Also,
Daniel Wellington watch ads with wrist posed in the most awkward and unnatural positions.

And videos purporting to spilling some serious 'tea' but telling NOTHING!!! ☕
Yes! And when they try to make it a 'spending challenge' as if spending money is hard...its just flaunting wealth.

I don't know if they're as popular now but some of the 'story time' vids. I know certain Youtubers basically got famous just off of those but some of them were really ridiculous, especially when Youtubers would post one every other week...like how much crazy shit can happen to one person?

Prank videos. Some of them are funny but some of them are just cruel and dangerous. I saw one posted on Twitter the other day where it was like 'girl catches her boyfriend cheating with her best friend prank' and it just wasn't funny. It seemed kind of emotionally abusive. :unsure: I thought after the whole Sam Pepper stuff back in like...2014? prank videos would die out a bit. (Also I can't believe he's still uploading content.)

Youtubers pulling the 'youtube is my job so I have to post hauls all of the time...its part of being an influencer' crap. I wish some of them would actually care more about where they're shopping/what they promote. I have real respect for the ones who turn down working with companies like zaful, wish etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
“24 hours eating” challenges
We’ve reached a new low today with Easter eggs and £3 Tesco meal deals.

Reactions: 4

Amorphis35

I watched Don’t tell the bride and the chav couple on there had a grey bedroom it reminded me of this thread ?

Reactions: 3

GossWhore

VIP Member
I don't know if they're as popular now but some of the 'story time' vids. I know certain Youtubers basically got famous just off of those but some of them were really ridiculous, especially when Youtubers would post one every other week...like how much crazy shit can happen to one person?
Imogen Hudson aka Imogenation comes to mind . She currently has Storytime Sundays every Sunday. How??

Reactions: 3

autumn

It's like the 21st Century version of the cream/gold interiors that were popular in the 80s/90s 'cos people thought they screamed 'luxury' and 'money' and 'class'.

Imagine this bed but over your entire living room.

View attachment 4119

Things I'd like to see die in 2019;

• Tiktok ads at the beginning of YT videos
  • People describing things as "a moment"
  • Non-ASMR artists (I.e. People jumping on a bandwagon trying to get them views) naming their videos as "reading... In ASMR"
I can’t stand ASMR

Reactions: 2

Mayday

VIP Member
Cycling shorts - unless you're training for a triathlon or wearing them under dresses/skirts, I just don't get it?

Olive

Wish hauls, basically wasting money on cheap shit they’ve bought and thinking it’s hilarious testing it out on camera. Jazzybum is one of the main culprits thinking she’s hilarious by doing this when she’s just a spoiled brat with an annoying posh voice.
That time she did a big rant about how things were still "free" even if she had to pay postage. No sweetie, you're just as dumb as a bag of rocks.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Vloggers filming themselves making food or selecting items from a shop, for example. So many instances of waggling and pointing their blurry finger over the item: "yeah soooo I think I'm going to try this yoghurt here, because I've been told it is nice but I'm not sure but yeah, soooo"

• Heart

Horatio

VIP Member
  1. "I am so tired, I have spent so long editing" - yep its a day down the mine ain't it love
  2. Me having a rant
Haaa, couldn’t have put number one better. So please continue rants in this vein - I know it was number 12 in your list but it changed itself to 2 and won’t change back...

Reactions: 1

iloveinghamgossip

Chatty Member
Those who only do hauls/try on hauls purely for the purpose of a video and just say "Oh I'll just send it back." To me, I really don't understand why, if you're buying in a high street shop you wouldn't try it on first? We don't need a video to show that it doesn't fit. It'd probably do a lot better if you actually liked the clothes, they fit, you tried them on first and it'd turn into a more positive video.

Clothes that YouTubers think are so amazing, but they look awful (Roxxsaurus latest one with ASOS springs to mind).

Paying people to PhotoShop me hotter videos.

GossWhore

VIP Member
Yes! And when they try to make it a 'spending challenge' as if spending money is hard...its just flaunting wealth....

....Youtubers pulling the 'youtube is my job so I have to post hauls all of the time...its part of being an influencer' crap. I wish some of them would actually care more about where they're shopping/what they promote. I have real respect for the ones who turn down working with companies like zaful, wish etc.
The thing is the same ones buying 2k worth of clothes and justifying it with "YouTube is my job" are the same ones now trying to jump on the sustainable fashion bs e.g. Patricia Bright, Sammie Marie (BeautyCrush) it's so fake!

Mayday

VIP Member
The thing is the same ones buying 2k worth of clothes and justifying it with "YouTube is my job" are the same ones now trying to jump on the sustainable fashion bs e.g. Patricia Bright, Sammie Marie (BeautyCrush) it's so fake!
I didn't even think about that - its so transparent. I get everyone should just do the best they can but its a bit hard to take someone seriously if they then do another collab with Topshop.