Things everyone loves but you hate #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
someone mentioned Gino D'acampo in the last thread, totally agree, first of all he cannot cook. I saw one episode of his show in Italy, he went to his family's house (who he had never cooked for) and made soemthing you could tell they were highly unimpressed with. Also, how on earth has he come back from being a burglar to a "celebrity chef"?!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Salted caramel
Flip flops
Subway (just the smell makes me heave)
Pumpkin spice latte

• Heart
Reactions: 22
someone mentioned Gino D'acampo in the last thread, totally agree, first of all he cannot cook. I saw one episode of his show in Italy, he went to his family's house (who he had never cooked for) and made soemthing you could tell they were highly unimpressed with. Also, how on earth has he come back from being a burglar to a "celebrity chef"?!
Burglar?!!!? What have I missed Omg lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
IIRC He burgled a few houses years ago before he was famous, including that of 80s pop star Paul Young.

Can't bear D'acampo and his fake accent. No one has that much of an accent after living in England for decades. As an Italian (well, part Italian) I find him cringy as anything. Plus the burglary conviction etc.

That said there's been a few celebs with criminal pasts - the late Leslie Grantham (Dirty Den in EastEnders) did 10 years in prison for murder before turning to acting on his release.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Years ago he broke into singer Paul Young's house and robbed guitars, jewellry etc. He went to prison for it. Apparently Paul Young has never forgiven him.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Salted caramel
Flip flops
Subway (just the smell makes me heave)
Pumpkin spice latte
I hate the smell of subway so bleeping much and nobody understand why. it smells like sweat and desperation to me. it's awful. makes me want to vomit.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I hate the smell of subway so bleeping much and nobody understand why. it smells like sweat and desperation to me. it's awful. makes me want to vomit.
It makes me sneeze: I've never stepped inside a Subway, never eaten anything from there and never will.
Worse than bleeping Lush, the smell gets up your nose before you can even see the shop!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Dark chocolate. It depends on the % but I don't like how bitter it tastes. I'll make exceptions when it's dark choc in a biscuit like a digestive, but eating squares of dark chocolate? No thanks.

someone mentioned Gino D'acampo in the last thread, totally agree
Agree. I think he plays up the Italian persona too much and it comes across as really fake. I'm watching him thinking 'yeah but what are you really like?'

I've never tried a pumpkin spice latte, but feel curious about them because they're mentioned so often.

Reactions: 10
Liam Gallagher,
Not that everyone loves him,but I just don't get the appeal,his vocals are awful,he looks like he gets his haircut by Manchester City Council,he always looks scruffy,even if he was dressed in a tailor made suit of some of finest materials money could buy he would still look like a dosser.
Every photo you see of him he always looks gormless like the lights on but no one is at home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Strapless wedding dresses! I recently got married and my dress was not strapless. There are far more dresses on the market now with sleeves/straps than there used to be (I think Kate Middleton helped bring them back in style) but there's still the expectation that most brides will wear a strapless dress. When I was shopping for a dress it was frustrating to be asked to try a strapless dress on when I had explicitly said I didn't want one. I don't care about "it won't slip if it's perfectly tailored!" (why should I spend more on tailoring?) or "but what if you try on a strapless dress and it's the one?" I said NO!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Strapless wedding dresses! I recently got married and my dress was not strapless. There are far more dresses on the market now with sleeves/straps than there used to be (I think Kate Middleton helped bring them back in style) but there's still the expectation that most brides will wear a strapless dress. When I was shopping for a dress it was frustrating to be asked to try a strapless dress on when I had explicitly said I didn't want one. I don't care about "it won't slip if it's perfectly tailored!" (why should I spend more on tailoring?) or "but what if you try on a strapless dress and it's the one?" I said NO!
thought that said "staples wedding dresses" and was very confused because I didn't think staples did a wedding dress section. was trying to think if I'd missed it next to the printer paper or something

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ant n Dec
Salad tomatoes
Reality TV programmes
Michael Buble
Being in a large crowd
Thongs

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Winter wonderland - currently being feted as a works Xmas outing! I have totted up the cost, not including travel or drinks.. close to £100.. not a chance! Plus all the online photos i see yearly, it looks tit. Over priced over hyped fun fair .

kids themed birthday parties.- have had the misfortune now of being through a fair few of these, agony! The noise and the rush to get Eveyone to have as much fun as possible in 1.5 hours and cram some tit pasta down their throats in the remaining 30 mins..

entertaining at home — never done it ! Stay away ..my home is my sanctuary

people buying lotto cards and fags at the petrol station! Go to the poxy newsagents for that!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Roman Kemp, talentless, tattooed ballbag shoe-horned onto our screens through a famous parent.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.