Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bunbun1

Chatty Member
I have to say I've been living with depression / OCD for 22 years (just counting that up made me feel weird). I'm one of those strange people who outwardly would seem very functional. My makeup is on and I'm working a good job, managing a team. I go through long periods of time where my house and finances are a mess. I struggle to connect and live in my emotions / head. Not always a nice place to be. Or easy to be around. For me makeup has always been a mask - I have to wear it to go to the corner shop as I can't face the world without it / feel like a monster. My husband is still shocked that I won't answer the door without it. Sometimes a full face can be deceiving.

Anyway isn't a thread about me - but hopefully an insight for those of you who are the opposite or don't understand how she could be depressed with a face of makeup on. X
Oh I totally agree that some people use make up etc to mask their struggles… like literally putting on a mask and going out looking out together but inside everything is falling apart… but Anna isn’t masking is she? She’s constantly saying that she’s overwhelmed and can’t cope and posting photos of all her overdue bills and debt collection letters. She’s not trying to hide behind the dresses and make up.

Pat MyCock

VIP Member
I’m just assuming she drove that car because:
1. She can’t afford another one
2. If her mum drove she’d have complained about her mum
3. If they went on the bus shed have complained about the bus
4. Ditto train
5. If someone she didn’t want to complain about went with her but didn’t want to be on insta she’d make sure to put something up with their sleeve or something in to make sure everyone knew that person was there
Well said (y)

Pat MyCock

VIP Member
Seeing her screenshot of the £324 cost of living payment that's landing in her bank nearly made me puke with rage. This woman has just paid best part of £60 on a train ticket for a PR event in London with a load of clothes shopping thrown in and now she gets hundreds of pounds chucked at her from the govt. The benefits system in this country is broken.
I was like :eek: and to gloat about it as well. Bloody shocking!!

Gingercream

VIP Member
I'm not dismissing the mental load as a concept, however I take exception to her lumping herself in with all of us lone parents who actually do have a huge mental load and deal with it because that's life. She is neither a lone parent nor a working one. Her mental load isn't comparable to mine or yours or anyone else I know. Seeing as the girls dad works and she doesn't, I'm not surprised a lot of the admin falls to her, and why shouldn't it?
I’m not a single parent but I work part time and my husband works full time so I have more “mental load” as I’m not at work so much. Just how it is 🤷🏻‍♀️ I would love all the free time she has!

Bunbun1

Chatty Member
Anyone else think her stories are getting more chaotic in their content and delivery.. and that it feels deliberate because she's got ADHD now and she needs to ram it down everyones throats? This lightswitch comment felt performative.
Has she had a formal diagnosis or is it still self diagnosed?

jaggedlittlebill

I wonder why she goes to the launderette so much. To avoid putting the heating on perhaps? Or the tumble dryer? Coz when I used one when my washer broke, a wash and dry was £7. So that would seem like a weird financial decision. I'm sure we'd have heard about it if her heating or dryer were broke.

Maybe it's just so she can prop her phone up and film herself strutting around in new clothes drinking a takeaway coffee like the true glamorous lady of leisure she aspires to be.

Nixen

Chatty Member
I think that’s unfair. Regardless of what she says I’m sure she doesn’t want to put them in before/after school childcare every day and miss that time with them.
Work should be more flexible. The 9-5, 5 day week is not doable for everyone and that’s ok.
What makes you think she would care about them going to breakfast club or after school club? She’d be thrilled. She takes no joy in those children.