thehomethatjomade/thelifethatjomade

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am really leaning towards the fact they pocketed the whole lot and ppsted a made up name on the website. Who is really going to dig deeper to find out if its true?! Dodgy if you ask me. But of course all her kiss ass followers will say Jo is so perfect, she wouldnt do that! Na she's just an hole. She lives in Kirkcaldy ffs! Come back down to earth love 🙄
The 🤣🤣 total fraud asshole. So many instawankers buying into her faux bullshit, someone please delve into it!

Reactions: 1
her Idiot followers make me want to gauge my own eyes out. Everyone’s just jealous bla bla bla. No people saw a scam and called her out on it and she had no answers. She did get a lot of tit on a couple of posts about it but every single person posting negative comments wanted to know the same thing. How many tickets she sold and how much money she pocketed. Never once did she answer either question. Obviously had something to hide.

Reactions: 2

Gillian Lowe, from Fife where she lives 🤔
She doesnt seem to have a follower called Gillian Lowe. Trust me, that money is in their bank 🤨

• Wow
Reactions: 9
So the winner didn’t remain anonymous yet still Jo had no mention of her on Instagram? Why wouldn’t she just post the name of the winner to stop people asking questions? So so fishy.

Reactions: 4
Because she so full of tit. Lets pretend auction the house so i can have another year off work to play at being instafamous

Did she really make that cake?!?!?! Ive had so many messages saying how great I am! Okay Jo....🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3
Because she so full of tit. Lets pretend auction the house so i can have another year off work to play at being instafamous

Did she really make that cake?!?!?! Ive had so many messages saying how great I am! Okay Jo....🙄
The yearly kids birthday cakes. They’ve came a long way since the beginning of her page have they not??!!

The house raffle thing was always going to fail. The house itself is lovely, but it’s in no way worth what they claim it is. It’s in a housing estate near the water where the outside rendering and woodwork is known to be degrading rapidly. There have been a couple of murders in that area too [emoji24]

Anyway I think the penny dropped for many when they multiplied the ticket price by the required number of tickets to sell and realised it would total something like 700k - crazy money. I applaud her trying it, but the house isn’t in a desirable enough area to warrant enough local people to want to enter. I doubt it’ll even sell for such a high price - there are much nicer houses in better areas for that money.

Reactions: 6
The competition was regulated by a legal team so if I’m honest I would question the concept of there being any wrong doing. I doubt the lawyers would have allowed that but I could be wrong.

The competition was regulated by a legal team so if I’m honest I would question the concept of there being any wrong doing. I doubt the lawyers would have allowed that but I could be wrong.
Perhaps not legally wrong but one cannot account for ethical morality.

Reactions: 5
Legally I think it was legit. But making out as if her and her husband where doing it out of the goodness of their heart and not cause they where making a fortune from it was shite. The amount of secrecy regarding how many tickets sold and how much money was raised was another negative. It was a business venture, one that could have made them over a million for a 400k house. Pretending it was anything els was stupid.

Reactions: 8
Exactly!!! Most of those house raffles are £1-£10 ticket and it’s just names out a hate kind of scenario. She set it at £35 because she wanted a set amount of money as a return. But then made it even more difficult by having to guess where the ball was so everyone who entered was set up to fail straight away

Reactions: 5
Legally I think it was legit. But making out as if her and her husband where doing it out of the goodness of their heart and not cause they where making a fortune from it was shite. The amount of secrecy regarding how many tickets sold and how much money was raised was another negative. It was a business venture, one that could have made them over a million for a 400k house. Pretending it was anything els was stupid.
And to be frank, even 400k is a reach.

I’m still in shock you can get a house that size for 400k! I need to move to Scotland! I saw the negatives at the time on her page but thought it must be legit as surely it would come out and I’d like to think people aren’t that devious but after reading this I don’t know what to think? I thought the house was worth 400k so where does the 700k come into it? Is that what would’ve been taken if all tickets were sold? So how much were they wanting for the house 400 or 700 if they were going to sell it? Are they saying the extra 300k would’ve gone in legal costs etc?

I’m still in shock you can get a house that size for 400k! I need to move to Scotland! I saw the negatives at the time on her page but thought it must be legit as surely it would come out and I’d like to think people aren’t that devious but after reading this I don’t know what to think? I thought the house was worth 400k so where does the 700k come into it? Is that what would’ve been taken if all tickets were sold? So how much were they wanting for the house 400 or 700 if they were going to sell it? Are they saying the extra 300k would’ve gone in legal costs etc?
Was it to also pay for stamp duty and solicitors fees?

Exactly!!! Most of those house raffles are £1-£10 ticket and it’s just names out a hate kind of scenario. She set it at £35 because she wanted a set amount of money as a return. But then made it even more difficult by having to guess where the ball was so everyone who entered was set up to fail straight away
And there was no actual ‘ball’ to find, she said that it was down to an individual adjudicator to say where they THINK the ball would be. 🤔

Was it to also pay for stamp duty and solicitors fees?
Oh yeah stamp duty would be a factor too so ithe person buying (winning) the house would have to pay stamp duty some extra money would be raised to cover that? But stamp duty on 400,000 is only £13,350. So there’d still be the best part of 300,000 left seems a lot left over to cover other legal fees? Don’t know just genuinely curious

I can’t remember the maximum tickets but I remember at the time calculating it that if she sold the max she’d make well over a million. Someone did question what the extra money was for and she said all businesses have overheads. Piss off. Even after the legal fees, stamp duty etc etc she was still expecting to make a massive profit then she moaned on about how much work it all was. For a couple 100k payday what did she expect??

Also her rabbit party bags? I skipped past that story. after watching a “tutorial” from her explaining how to stick sweets to a stick i think any more of her perfect mum / I’m so handy / talented tit would have tipped me over the edge.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There’s a chance they would have also paid capital gains tax on the gain (not an expert but if they bought it to renovate and sell as a profit then I’d imagine that it would be subject to capital gains tax). It would work out as tax at 28% on their gain so there’s another chunk of the money swallowed.

There’s a chance they would have also paid capital gains tax on the gain (not an expert but if they bought it to renovate and sell as a profit then I’d imagine that it would be subject to capital gains tax). It would work out as tax at 28% on their gain so there’s another chunk of the money swallowed.
Capital gains wouldn't apply if it's their only property.