Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
This thread annoys me at times, if it was Mrs Meldrum posting that 24 hours after Poppy was born, or Sarah from This Mama Life I think many people would make the same observation as I have about Claire. I have to be honest that story comes across as a moan to me but fair enough, having a baby is tiring. I was euphoric after mine and it took a couple of weeks for the true exhaustion to set in.
Absolutely you run on euphoria which clearly shes lacking from the moody face posts constantly whilst holding a precious baby

It is a shock i have 7 year gap between youngest and next one up.
Life was getting easier.
We lucky she was a fab easy newborn just slotted in.
However having a toddler again is much harder than a newborn.
Give claire a break its less than 24hours since labour.
Also i slept better with newborn that end if pregnancy so felt so tired towards end.
It was also tiring managing other kids as all they wanted to do was play and cuddle wuth baby it was little overwhelming.
I chose stay hospital 1 extra night as a break.
But previously had home births whixh some ways is lovely but full on back to routine.
With such a gap and demands of older children surely it would have been sensible to have spent a night in hospital with the baby to adjust with just them. Itl be moaning about getting the kids to school something is going to definitely give there it seems tenuous and I feel poor Alister is going to get the brunt of something sooner or later. One of her pregnancy videos she said he had given her a rough time or something

It is a shock i have 7 year gap between youngest and next one up.
Life was getting easier.
We lucky she was a fab easy newborn just slotted in.
However having a toddler again is much harder than a newborn.
Give claire a break its less than 24hours since labour.
Also i slept better with newborn that end if pregnancy so felt so tired towards end.
It was also tiring managing other kids as all they wanted to do was play and cuddle wuth baby it was little overwhelming.
I chose stay hospital 1 extra night as a break.
But previously had home births whixh some ways is lovely but full on back to routine.
I dont think the problem will be the older two wanting to be involved very much the opposite they will get tired of being pushed aside and probably go to spend time more with their dad on the farm and their nana at weekends

Last edited:

Lalobadee

VIP Member
I hate the fact that she ignores the horses as a horse owner myself you need to do more than feed them carrots or apples every now and then I never see her brush them or before she was pregnant she didn’t even ride beau she just gave up 🤦🏻‍♀️ Don’t buy a horse if you can’t manage it
She got given the second one as the previous owner couldn’t put the time in and now she isn’t doing the same . Gave up training it too much like hard work . Another thing she has just to say she has them .

daisiemae

I also wonder, if Rebecca Meldrum left her kids in bed sleeping to have a pt session in her garden (grounds 😏) once Lee is away offshore... I feel that lots of people would be critical of that.

Rugratz

I don’t think she is bad mum. I know of bad mums and she is far from it. I do think she prefers the girl I’ve thought that for a long time. Whether the boy even notices I don’t know. I also hate the way she treats the 10 year old like a baby by cutting up his food. I also think somethings she does stupid things such as no net on the trampoline and no safety around the pool. Also think the way the eldest got up and left the house a few years ago while she was in her bed was bad parenting .
Definitely bad parenting 🙄

Rugratz

Not just clothes it’s all sorts little bits here and there. I’m not suggesting that she has to spend the same on them both pound for pound and if one of my kids has outgrown a jacket I don’t go and buy all 3 of them a jacket to be equal. But to constantly over years come home with shopping hauls with item after item for one child and to not get the other is just cruel and overtime you would feel second best .
She is cruel literally i agree

Lalobadee

VIP Member

The nets are a false sense of security, if you’re doing tricks and fall wrong that’s going to be a lot worse than just falling off. Any articles about trampolines basically say doctors say don’t have one full stop. Getting hit by a car is irrelevant
Well there you go trampolines are dangerous and not only should she have a net she should be constantly supervising them on it. Like i do with my own children. So she is double in the wrong. I wonder when the last time she checked the springs too. Trampoline parks are irrelevant does she take alister to one ?plus this from the very article you posted proves my point so thanks for sharing. Maybe Claire will read that and take action like a responsible parent .Not having a net and then both jumping on it together unsupervised.

"Having netting around the trampoline is a good preventative measure, as is only allowing one child on at a time, and supervision to ensure the activity being carried out on the trampoline is appropriate.”

Last edited:

Rugratz

i don't 'rave' about anyone! but i cant see a problem with age gaps....and you know what? i'll say that if i like....in fact i did, and i stand by that. so yeah.....
No im saying SHE is the one mentioning the age gap did you even see what I wrote?

So now she thinks shes a healthcare expert telling people to induce labour using evening primrose oil and ive been fine - you do not give healthcare advice like that so dangerous!

I must've dreamt she had a job then, took the kids to school, went to work and picked them up. You have serious issues Rugratz! You'd argue black was white when it comes to Claire!
Clearly WORK isnt what people do much on here. Before anyone ASSUMES which is what the majority of you do, I am on annual leave and my children are at school but you people are on here 24/7 talking rubbish

Definitelyme

VIP Member
@Definitelyme I see what your saying, I’ve never taken much notice of usernames. Also agree we are all different in our experiences. I seem to hit a serious wall when my babies are about 6 months, because they’ve all been hideous sleepers. My 6 month olds were worse sleepers than they were at 2 days old. I agree not everyone has that euphoric rush, I was lucky enough to have that as well as quick easy births so I am definitely one of the lucky ones, just not when it comes to sleep in the first year 🧟‍♀️
I feel you- my almost 4yo is an awful sleeper, and my almost 1yo definitely is worse now than the newborn days (which I remember with her fondly!!) that emoji is definitely how I look most days too 😂