Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Underadaisy

I am sick sore and tired of the endless stupid numpties out there who are following blindly after one certain “cleanfluencer” and spritzing, rubbing, soaking and well everything apart from drinking Zoflora! I personally use Zoflora for the following
Cleaning floors
Cleaning floors
And ........cleaning floors !!!!
It’s the only disinfectant that will remove animal poo and pee smells that the animal can smell( therefore does a great job when housetraining) it’s also pretty nifty in making sure floors are well cleaned and germ free but that’s it!
Why do people feel the need to put in into irons and steam mops( will eventually wreck them and is a fire hazard) or spritz a diluted version onto their soft furnishings (degrades the fire retardant protection and makes them infinitely more flammable) or soak and sanitary towel(yes you read that right) and stick said towel to the back of the radiator (risks are too many to list) or lastly as I read today WIPE IT UNDER THEIR ARMS AS A DEODORANT!!!!!!
There’s nothing wrong with cleaning, theirs nothing wrong with cleaning tips but there’s everything wrong with encouraging people to do not just stupid but extremely dangerous things and not getting called out for it! Her “sheep” follow along without any actual concern for how bloody daft they are. the world has gone stark raving bonkers

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Zoflora isn't even a cleaner, it's a distinfectant.

It needs diluting too and shouldn't be used neat. At all.

Yet there is idiot after idiot using it as a cleaner and something to create scent.

Oil burners, Reed diffusers, all that dreams glitters used to fill the cap and sprinkle it neat on her carpets, wiping it over light bulbs, rubbing it on radiators, scenting their bins and the best one I've seen, some idiot puts it in her pond as the water feature churns the water and lifts the lavender scent into the garden!!! Buy bloody lavender plants that won't kill wildlife!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 9

FCD

I was zoflora addict way before I even knew Instagram existed. And I have akways put it in the iron diluted so the steam smells nice.

And I also use it instead of fabric condition for all our laundry .

When I get the Christmas tree out of the loft I soak all the branches in the bath in zoflora at least 2 full bottles in the bathwater .before I put it up and decorate it to get rid of the dusty loft smell.

All the insta zoflora bitches piss me off as it's so hard to get hold of the good flavours now.

I have actually started to try cut back as I was concious of the amount of empty bottles of it going in my recycle bin. !!

I no longer clean the bathroom with it neat on a cloth I use a super diluted mix sprayed on the surfaces of bath toilet then use the hand held steamer ( new steamer and don't put it in the steamer anymore as I broke my old one doing it )
I hope this is a parody??!!

MrsA

I literally only use it to put on kitchen roll to line the bottom of the bin!

memoii11

VIP Member
I was zoflora addict way before I even knew Instagram existed. And I have akways put it in the iron diluted so the steam smells nice.

When I get the Christmas tree out of the loft I soak all the branches in the bath in zoflora at least 2 full bottles in the bathwater .before I put it up and decorate it to get rid of the dusty loft smell.

All the insta zoflora bitches piss me off as it's so hard to get hold of the good flavours now.

I have actually started to try cut back as I was concious of the amount of empty bottles of it going in my recycle bin. !!

I no longer clean the bathroom with it neat on a cloth I use a super diluted mix sprayed on the surfaces of bath toilet then use the hand held steamer ( new steamer and don't put it in the steamer anymore as I broke my old one doing it )
That sounds incredibly dangerous. Especially the Christmas tree. Flammable zoflora mixed with hot Christmas lights on the tree sounds like a recipe for disaster!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

Wormhole

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
I am sick sore and tired of the endless stupid numpties out there who are following blindly after one certain “cleanfluencer” and spritzing, rubbing, soaking and well everything apart from drinking Zoflora! I personally use Zoflora for the following
Cleaning floors
Cleaning floors
It’s the only disinfectant that will remove animal poo and pee smells that the animal can smell( therefore does a great job when housetraining) it’s also pretty nifty in making sure floors are well cleaned and germ free but that’s it!
Why do people feel the need to put in into irons and steam mops( will eventually wreck them and is a fire hazard) or spritz a diluted version onto their soft furnishings (degrades the fire retardant protection and makes them infinitely more flammable) or soak and sanitary towel(yes you read that right) and stick said towel to the back of the radiator (risks are too many to list) or lastly as I read today WIPE IT UNDER THEIR ARMS AS A DEODORANT!!!!!!
There’s nothing wrong with cleaning, theirs nothing wrong with cleaning tips but there’s everything wrong with encouraging people to do not just stupid but extremely dangerous things and not getting called out for it! Her “sheep” follow along without any actual concern for how bloody daft they are. the world has gone stark raving bonkers
I don’t follow/take interest in cleaning accounts, I genuinely thought this thread was going to be a funny/parody thread. I had no idea actual adults are using a disinfectant in this way!
My Nan used to use Zoflora, years ago before it became trendy...for the drains and to use outside. Wow! I think the fumes must be getting to some if they are continuing to come up with idiotic and risky ways to damage themselves.

Reactions: 5

4tuhju

There is a brilliant professional cleaning account on instagram called sweeping_beauties_homelife if anyones interested, she has been sharing lots of tips on safer cleaning to try and spread awareness of the dangers of mixing chemicals etc, also gently explains the difference between actual cleaning and "hinching"

Until I had baby I used Zoflora like it was going out of fashion! Same with bleach. I used to clean almost everything in my house with bleach once per week and used zoflora as a "top up" during the week. Now I'm just using hot soapy water, a little bit of method and an occasional spritz of the no wipe dettol. (Still use bleach in the toilet of course) . As much as I miss my old ways the new way is safer for my child and kinder to the environment.
I'm a cleaner and I honestly use soapy water and white vinegar for a good 98% of everything I clean. You're doing it right 🙌

• Heart

Flyingbaby

VIP Member
The whole fascination with the pink stuff is starting to annoy me!!!! I wish People would stop using it on ovens it states on the tub it shouldn’t be used with heat and people are wondering why their doors are shattering

and the one that really took the biscuit was someone putting fabric conditioner in a STEAM MOP
I mean what actually posses someone to think that it’s safe???
What’s the obsession with highly flammable products being put into electrical items???!!!

and don’t get me started on the dishwasher tablet in the washing machine- why can’t products be used for what they are intended

Underadaisy

You know I really have no issue with the whole
cleaning thing . What I have a mahoosive issue with it a)the plain mad and dangerous advice being given and b) the blatant profiteering without being open about it . It’s really not healthy for grown ups animals and babies to have that amount of chemical smells and chemicals on surfaces . Much prefer then queen of clean and her lemons and bicarb!

Reactions: 4

judsmum

Chatty Member
This whole obsession with sanitising absolutely everything baffles me. Their immune systems must be absolutely shite. Zoflora doesn’t smell nice, it smells cheap. I don’t want my house smelling cheap, I want it smelling clean. In about 20 years all these idiots will be dropping down dead with toxin induced lung failure.

Reactions: 4

pinkypurr

Chatty Member
I use it for drains
I honestly can't smell it too much - so how much are people using it?
Isn't it a bit potent for spraying on kitchen units? And people spraying furniture with zoflora or Lenor is nuts to me. Its a sticky mess that could ruin the fabric.
The nuttiest is people filling up plug in air fresheners with it.
Honestly Hinching is like some kind of intelligence test!!!!

Reactions: 3

Petulant_vlogger

Until I had baby I used Zoflora like it was going out of fashion! Same with bleach. I used to clean almost everything in my house with bleach once per week and used zoflora as a "top up" during the week. Now I'm just using hot soapy water, a little bit of method and an occasional spritz of the no wipe dettol. (Still use bleach in the toilet of course) . As much as I miss my old ways the new way is safer for my child and kinder to the environment.

Noname12345

Chatty Member
Cleaning floors
Cleaning floors
You use it incorrectly too. It's a disinfectant not a cleaner :)

• Heart

Underadaisy

Seriously!!!!! Wow. It’s goes to show how one person can influence people to do the most stupid of things and that’s where this all goes completely wrong imho!

Reactions: 2

MrsA

Because it’s off the back of a hype. If Sophie just admitted that her tips were things she genuinely does but that she didn’t realise the implications and apologised I imagine a lot of people would understand and stop doing it. I’m not beating her down because she cleans her home but if you look at a lot of other cleaning accounts that are professional cleaners you can see a massive difference in usage, tips and opinions.

Reactions: 2

FCD

I give it a bit of a rinse after 😏

Sorry 100% guilty truth

I am aware I have some unhealthy cleaning fixations. Have ruined my oven seal and elements countless times too by over cleaning and using wrong products on them.
Yikes... I just use e-cloths and the odd squirt of cleaning product where needed. I don’t use fabric softener at all anymore. I think Zoflora/flash etc stink to high heaven. Maybe I under-clean?

Reactions: 1

MrsA

My friends were hinch obsessed so I told them to give tattle a read, that have since weaned themselves off a few things!

MrsA

It was more the “tips” they were following that I was concerned about. Zoflora in steam mops and irons!