Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gillybean42

VIP Member
When he confronted corrine about the fake pregnancy she said there was more too it so I was expecting her come back at the end and explain it all! So I was disappointed with the ending!

Reactions: 19

BorisBear

VIP Member
God this was crap i only got to episode 5. When he was calling the bank about the transaction they didn't ask any security questions!! This show was poor almost laughable, bad acting reminded me of an adults Tracy Beaker.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
Had to stay up until about half 3 last night just to finish it 😅 I did enjoy it and every episode definitely keeps you guessing. There was so much going on. Would really like to see what happened with Olivia.

I don’t want to spoil anything. But I didn’t love the ending with Corrine. I really thought there was going to be some big storyline and in the time she was ‘missing’ she was off trying to sort stuff out and she would come back with this big explanation etc. If that makes any sense? But as far as the actual ending that alluded to a possible storyline for a second season, I thought that was pretty good. Ah so hard to discuss without actually discussing details that give it away 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Anyone else watching The Stranger on Netflix, I’ve watched the first two episodes, and to be totally honest, my mind is just blown, I’ve no idea what is going on but I really want to find out. It’s intense.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Francover

I did enjoy this and binged it in a few days . Is it just me or was anyone else expecting a bit of a bigger ending to it?

Reactions: 12

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Me! Me! Me!

Loving iiiiiiiiit! Watched Eps 1 & 2 so far watching the rest this eve

Do you think her police woman mate is in on it?
I honestly have no idea, those first two episodes have left me with no clue what is gonna happen. I can’t work out who is in on it, who has done what or anything.

I will say this, after the cafe scene with the copper (being vague to avoid spoiling for anyone who comes here having Not seen it), my mind thought there was only one man who we needed to turn up and solve it.

19C8D210-0A34-4EAB-816D-113FB811D67E.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

Impleo

VIP Member
I used to read Harlan Coben's books and they usually have a really good ending. Only part way though episode 2 but it's good.

All of them in their multi-million pound mansions makes me cringe a bit, especially as the majority are teachers ( no dig at teachers, more the fact that they don't get paid enough!)

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Pickminy

When he confronted corrine about the fake pregnancy she said there was more too it so I was expecting her come back at the end and explain it all! So I was disappointed with the ending!
I was expecting more to this too. I was also expecting more from storyline with the friend she met in the cafe who was also faking her pregnancy.

Reactions: 9

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
Okay I have SO many questions so spoilers ahead!!

1.) Did we ever find out why Katz broke into the cafe and murdered Heidi? I never understood his motive!! He said it was something to do with protecting Olivia but I don't get it?
2.) Apologies if I missed this as well, but how did Dante end up where he did and was it connected to the alpaca murder? Was it Mike that did it all?
3.) Did we ever find out Corrine's motive for the fake pregnancy??

Also...so disappointed with the ending!! I was hoping she'd be tied up in it all and responsible for some things some how!
1. Katz had that acquaintance Larry Powers who was cheating on his wife with young girls from the sugar baby website. Heidi’s daughter worked for the site meeting men and she met Larry Powers. ‘The stranger’ was blackmailing Heidi with this information but also blackmailing Larry with the same information. So Larry hired Katz as a private investigator to find out who ‘the stranger’ was. Katz took up private investigating as his daughter was ‘chronically ill’ and had private medical bills that needed payed so he was desperate. Which in the end wasn’t even true as it was actually Olivia’s mum poisoning her, so he did it all for nothing. Katz’s private investigation brought him to Heidi (as she was also being blackmailed) and when he went to interrogate her (to simply try and find out who ‘the stranger’ was) Heidi became really suspicious and I guess Katz just panicked and killed her.
2. The thing with Dante was pretty much not even necessary to the whole story I feel. At the bonfire he was going to go swimming in the lake with Daisy but she stole his clothes and ran away (which is why he was naked). I believe he then got spooked in the woods by the Max Bonner (who I believed was out collecting wood?) who innocently chased Dante and Dante fell and hit his head. So the whole situation was really just a coincidental accident.
So Mike had nothing to do with the Dante thing. But Daisy spiked Mike when at the bonfire as she believed he leaked the fake naked pictures of her little sister (but this was actually Olivia) So because he was so high on drugs he befriended an alpaca but then killed it as he believed it was going to kill him.
3. I think the whole ‘fake pregnancy’ was actually just to keep her husband with her. I think they were going through a rough patch at the time and possibly going to separate so she did it to try and stop him from leaving her. I think in the end the fake pregnancy didn’t relate to the whole story other then the fact that Tripp hired ‘the stranger’ to try and find dirt on Corrine as she was going to expose Tripp for stealing the money. That was her dirt. But her reason was just so her husband wouldn’t leave her. Someone correct me if I’m wrong :)

Writing all that makes me realise how many things weren’t actually connected to the whole overall plot but rather just coincidental happening.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was a tiny bit disappointed with The Stranger. Considering all the hype surrounding it, it was a tad anticlimactic.

I echo some of the comments about Richard Armitage, though. He is lovely. As Anthony Head. 😍

Line of Duty has set the bar so high. Other shows that came relatively close in enjoyment; Unforgotten, Luther, Happy Valley, and Broadchurch.

Reactions: 6

DoodlePoodle

VIP Member
I've been watching a couple of episodes every evening since the weekend and finished it last night.
It started off strongly but was let down by inane plot twists, that didn't connect to each other in any other way other than sheer co-incidence... and
I found the ending disappointing.
We finished it last night too. I think the ending felt weak because it was mostly tying things up where all the other episodes had such a lot of drama going on. It was a good series though. Wonder if there’s room for a second one?

Reactions: 5

Hallobrit

Richard Armitage implied there wouldn't. I don't think there's anywhere for it to go without it jumping the shark tbh. Sometimes a contained single series is just better

It was addictive watching but I think the casting was a bit off, the eldest boy was in school but he looked about 20 something, plus I just couldnt get Dennis Penis out my mind (hey 90s were great).

I liked it but I guessed by about the 7th episode what the connections were, didnt expect one specific thing in ending though (no spoilers).

It sort of annoyed me but I guess that makes it good in a way doesn't it, I know I wanted to watch it till the end to find out.

I started thinking that the police officer had lovely hair and her style was nice, and the houses were amazing and how the hell could a teacher afford a house like that and why was a police station in what looked like a town hall..... and then I remembered its suppose to be a thriller 😁

Hallobrit

Binged it and kind of worked out the who dun it but really that was a casting thing. Sometimes they make it obvious just by that. But I will say that the red herrings were clever and despite the working the big bit it, was still surprised by the resolution.
Not overly similar but Agatha Christie The Pale Horse starts on the BBC this weekend with Rufus Sewell staring if you fancy more mystery

Boredinstagrammer29

God this was crap i only got to episode 5. When he was calling the bank about the transaction they didn't ask any security questions!! This show was poor almost laughable, bad acting reminded me of an adults Tracy Beaker.
Loool! I thought the acting was terrible but no one agreed with me

Reactions: 4

Tui

VIP Member
I enjoyed it although a bit far fetched. Now watching Safe which is also Harlan Coben.
Most of the Stranger was filmed in Manchester, the house used for Richard Armitage's home was worth 1.45m when it sold in 2013. Very realistic for him and his PE teacher neighbour!!!

Anyone else watching The Stranger on Netflix, I’ve watched the first two episodes, and to be totally honest, my mind is just blown, I’ve no idea what is going on but I really want to find out. It’s intense.
I honestly have no idea, those first two episodes have left me with no clue what is gonna happen. I can’t work out who is in on it, who has done what or anything.

I will say this, after the cafe scene with the copper (being vague to avoid spoiling for anyone who comes here having Not seen it), my mind thought there was only one man who we needed to turn up and solve it.

View attachment 78394
I can't wait to get home, order my Chinese and watch the rest of it all now!

• Haha