The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pooh and (little friend) Susan get on really well. They always hang out together, even though when she's sick of him she'll give him a smack on the head haha 😂
Can't work out to upload videos here but I have plenty of mine with big sister getting pissed off and giving a smack :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can't work out to upload videos here but I have plenty of mine with big sister getting pissed off and giving a smack :ROFLMAO:
The boys tower over Susan and she's the youngest but she's the first to start a fight. I really wanted a girly girl but I got a tomboy bully instead. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
The boys tower over Susan and she's the youngest but she's the first to start a fight. I really wanted a girly girl but I got a tomboy bully instead. 🤷‍♀️
I don't know about everyone else, but in my experience female cats are way more aggressive and bullying (although maybe that is the mainecoone thing? My little (big) girl is half and she is :love: tbh if I was a cat I would be like her :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't know about everyone else, but in my experience female cats are way more aggressive and bullying (although maybe that is the mainecoone thing? My little (big) girl is half and she is :love: tbh if I was a cat I would be like her :ROFLMAO:
MC females are usually very laid back and elegant, according to my research. These words don't apply to Susan. The females I've had over the years have been pretty mellow.

• Heart
MC females are usually very laid back and elegant, according to my research. These words don't apply to Susan. The females I've had over the years have been pretty mellow.
Cats are basically always elegnant :ROFLMAO: nuy my little (huge) half maine coon is very aggressive (she loves me but is pretty temperamental) Of course I love her to bits :love:

• Heart
Oops I browsed the Internet and gave a cat a home...😁. Meet Chester (not Fred like I thought as we decided he didn't look like a Fred).
20220618_160440.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hi all, could I ask for some advice? My old boy, who is a couple of months off 18, is rapidly loosing weight. You can see his spine and by his back legs is so thin. When alone, he will howl as if he wants to know someone is there. He is eating but not much it feels and is drinking a lot of water. He is still pretty alert and knows when someone has entered a room. He looks at me though with so much sadness in his eyes and I can’t help but feel like I know the end is coming. Do you think it would be unkind if I let him go naturally or should I take him to the vets?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Hi all, could I ask for some advice? My old boy, who is a couple of months off 18, is rapidly loosing weight. You can see his spine and by his back legs is so thin. When alone, he will howl as if he wants to know someone is there. He is eating but not much it feels and is drinking a lot of water. He is still pretty alert and knows when someone has entered a room. He looks at me though with so much sadness in his eyes and I can’t help but feel like I know the end is coming. Do you think it would be unkind if I let him go naturally or should I take him to the vets?
I’d definitely take him to the vets, may be some treatment to help him?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I say with with love, please take him to
the vet. He might be suffering and I know you don't want that. They can at least advise you whether he's ok to go on his own or give him something so he's more comfortable. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh my heart hurts for you. Its the most awful feeling in the world.

Speaking from experience, definitely take him to the vet.

My first family cat was struggling like this but they gave her a little bit of pain medication and some other medication (she had cancer) and she perked up and lasted for another year.

Again speaking from experience... you will know when it is time. Our old girl made it very clear to us when she was done. And even though it was the most heartbreaking thing in the world (13 years later and i still tear up when I think of her) she wasn't in pain and passed in the arms of her favourite person (my dad) and we knew we had done right by her.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Could I have some advice please...

Chester escaped yesterday. I was trying to keep him in for a few days to get used to his new home but somehow he's given me the slip. He hasn't been back since.

I've put his litter tray and a bit of bedding outside in the hope that the familiar smell will encourage him back.

I plan on calling all the nearby vets tomorrow to let them know I'm missing a cat. A minor complication is that his microchip is still registered to his previous owner as I'd not had chance to swap the details.

We've been out looking for him but no sign. The children are distraught. I feel like such a crap cat owner and I miss him, which probably sounds ridiculous because he was only here a couple of days.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Will he come back here? Will it feel like his home given he was only here a short while?
I just wanted to give him a home and now he's wandering the streets 🙁.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
@TwooTwooTwitTwitTwoo have you tried the neighbours? garden sheds keep putting out the litter tray hang Chesters blanket on the line letting it blow about that will help kep shouting his name rattle his feeding bowl dreamies box, good luck hope he is back soon they are a worry.

Oh no that is very distressing that Chester has gotten out TwooTwooTwitTwitTwoo.
Can you update his microchip and put that he is missing on it. Not sure where you are but in Aus we can mark on the chip if pet is lost.

The other Tattlers have given good advice.
Is Chester vocal sometimes cats end up on or inside roofs. You could go out at night when cats are active and shine a torch to see if you can see any cats eyes.

I have read on lost pet sites cats going back to their old houses and needing a neighbour to help with a humane trap.

Hopefully he is hiding nearby.

• Heart
@TwooTwooTwitTwitTwoo have you tried the neighbours? garden sheds keep putting out the litter tray hang Chesters blanket on the line letting it blow about that will help kep shouting his name rattle his feeding bowl dreamies box, good luck hope he is back soon they are a worry.
Yes we've asked the neighbours to look out for him. I've been outside rattling dreamies like a mad woman 😆. I'll try putting his blanket on the line, thank you.

• Heart
Having cats can be so stressful, @TwooTwooTwitTwitTwoo I wouldn't panic too much, one of my cats disappeared for 4 days during winter (when it was snowing!) came back starving and soaked but fine, no idea where she could have been as she didn't use to go far away (I could usually see her from my window when she was out) I would suggest making little notices to post through your neighbours letterboxes with a picture if you can asking if they can check sheds etc, I think people are much more likely to look at that then a poster on a lampost etc

• Heart
CC512B8E-D183-47E7-94B0-C23E61A26BD0.jpeg

My calico says hi, and she prays that the sick cat will be healed, and the lost cat one will be found safe and sound 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
...sounds very similar to my Dora cat...after blood tests at vets they said it was probably liver disease...was given meds but didn't help so had to make the hard decision to say goodbye to her...all about quality of life...she was 14 and a wee stray rescued from what became the Olympic Park in Stratford...I take comfort that she had a good life with me...pic of her (on right) with my Evie...

Yes we've asked the neighbours to look out for him. I've been outside rattling dreamies like a mad woman 😆. I'll try putting his blanket on the line, thank you.
...Dora went missing for 2 weeks after I moved to a new place but I got her back...put posters up and a couple of schoolkids called me to say they'd seen her further down the street and I found her that night...keep looking!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
...sounds very similar to my Dora cat...after blood tests at vets they said it was probably liver disease...was given meds but didn't help so had to make the hard decision to say goodbye to her...all about quality of life...she was 14 and a wee stray rescued from what became the Olympic Park in Stratford...I take comfort that she had a good life with me...pic of her (on right) with my Evie...

...Dora went missing for 2 weeks after I moved to a new place but I got her back...put posters up and a couple of schoolkids called me to say they'd seen her further down the street and I found her that night...keep looking!
Awwww I know all about the cats rescued from Olympic site,the fabulous Celia Hammond her trust rescued over 100 pusscats..So sorry for losing your baby.❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.