Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

stardust21

VIP Member
Diana's father was engaged to another woman and it was called off as the Spencers thought she had 'madblood'!
---

Diana's affairs are accepted by many. I've seen so many comments saying that it's absolutely fine that she cheated as Charles cheated first. By using that analogy, doesn't that mean Camilla's cheating is also acceptable? Her husband cheated on her throughout their marriage.
People vilify Camila and call her a side-piece when Diana was just as bad.
I’m pretty sure it’s widely accepted that Diana cheated first. Bluntly, Diana is seen as a saint now because of her tragic and young death. She wasn’t a Saint… her and Charles were both absolutely terrible to each other. They should have never got married and I’m very glad society has changed in the 40-odd years since their marriage so people in the Royal Family can marry who they want.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

wkdlass

I don’t think we can really complain about the coronation and cost of living crisis. It’s not like if Charles doesn’t have one we all get cheaper food and electricity.
It’s already been scaled down and is historic.
I work with old people and have loved hearing their memories of the Queen’s coronation, a couple of them were in London on the day and seeing the happiness in their faces now telling me is amazing.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
I find it quite embarrassing and a bit cowardly. If you’re going to speak about the family in a public domain, then accept titles for the children at least have the gall to show up together or neither of you. Even using Archie’s birthday as an excuse is lame.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I just don’t get the Camilla hate still. Diana died 25 years ago. Charles and Camilla have been married far longer and far happier than he and Diana. The line of succession isn’t altered. Charles didn’t marry her till Diana had passed. Would he have married her anyway - possibly? How could we know?

Camilla is hard working and doesn’t try to hog any limelight. She just gets on with the job. There are lots of blended families in the UK. Our monarchy needs modernisation to survive. There’s much bigger issues on the UK at present than this in my humble opinion.
I like Camilla. I always have done.
And I agree, she just gets on with the job, without any fanfare.

She and Charles seem very happy together, and that's the main thing, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Popcorn&Peanuts

They go - it's for Netflix, money and attention.

They don't go - they're disrespectful and have no regard for his father and family

He goes, she doesn't - she's gutless, she's sending him with cameras, she's unsupportive, he's a bad dad

I hope they're strong people because all this negativity no matter what they do is so damaging and painful.

Fwiw, I think Harry going and Meghan staying home is the right decision. Meghan can't win so why even bother pandering to the circus?

Last edited:
  • Heart

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
I never knew they were called yarn bombers :ROFLMAO: There's someone by me who does it. Some creative post box toppers have appeared over the past couple of years.
I really don’t get why you would destroy these. They are so creative and people put a lot of effort into them.

travelbug20

Reading the part of the official statement that says "The Duchess of Sussex will stay in California with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet"...just made me think how the names Archie and Lilibet really don't suit titles 😂 I think they're nice names (well Archie, I wouldn't personally opt for Lilibet but I like "Lili") but I don't know what it is, they just don't suit a title in front of them. I do feel that when naming a royal child who may or may not have a Prince or Princess title someday, you've got to think about this. Maybe it's just me but they seem like such a clash. "Prince James, Prince Oliver, Prince Theo, Princess Amelia, Princess Martha, Princess Eliza" they all have a nice ring to them Prince Archie just sounds odd?...sorry I've gone totally off topic but does anyone know what I mean??

Chita

VIP Member
I've decided to think of it as a boost to all the small businesses who will benefit.
Tourists will come to London and spend in hotels, cafes, restaurants, shops.
Those who want to celebrate will be buying all kinds of commemorative stuff from businesses all over the place.
People will go to venues with big screens and buy food and drink.
Covid was a hard knock and its effect is still felt.

Events like this will help businesses a little.

Government wasted money on things that don't bring in tourism such as the failed test and trace etc
At least this event might bring some revenue into businesses who were clobbered by lockdowns.

That's how I am dealing with the expense of it.
---
PS
I think the Diana/Catherine engagement ring is hideous.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I liked Diana, I know she had flaws and all that but I still liked her. I think she would probably have kept up her charity work as she did seem to believe in the causes she supported.

It would have been interesting to see how she would have coped with her daughters in law. Or how different William and Harry's lives might have been, had she lived.

I think Harry has let the loss of his mother at a young age, define him, whereas William said something along the lines of 'it could make or break me and I wasn't going to let it break me'.

I read an article recently where the writer said in reference to Harry something like 'no other child had to walk behind their mother's coffin in such circumstances'. They seem to forget that William suffered that same loss, and walked behind her coffin in the glare of publicity too.

Multi-21

VIP Member
I don’t know about that. I’m not sure I’d want a ring which famously symbolised such an unhappy marriage “whatever love is”.

Lammington

VIP Member
Interesting that Camilla is apparently totally at fault for the failure of Charles & Diana's marriage, and not the fact that both of the parties in the marriage slept with others.

Theirs was a marriage that was unsustainable due to the two of them, not the various other parties.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I was out and about today and saw the most amazing post box toppers in Hertford and Bengeo. Some where outstanding.

IMG_1799.jpeg

---
I've just had a little look on line and it seems Bengeo loves a bit of yarn bombing. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

elliebee27

VIP Member
I think it would have calmed down a lot. Like how Princess Margaret was very popular back in the day or other society girls. A new, fresh face would have come along. Still popular but not in the same way.
I do think that maybe William and Harry wouldn’t have married their respective wives.
Diana would have been a mother-in-law from hell judging by how she was jealous of and fired her sons' nannies...

neroli

VIP Member
I really like Camilla and think she is doing a great job so far. It can't be easy for her but they make a wonderful team.

• Heart

travelbug20

I remember when Charles made William Prince of Wales and therefore Kate became Princess of Wales, I really wondered what Diana would have thought to that. It would always have happened of course but she was THE princess of wales to most people, even if she didn't technically have the title anymore. I can't help but think she would have been somewhat jealous that this new, younger and good looking woman now bore her title...I do have to agree that I think she would have been a nightmare mother in law.

I 100% believe that Harry and William remember two totally different versions of their mother. For William she was a human being who had flaws that he was exposed to and who he wanted to help. For Harry she was an almost angel-like figure who could do no wrong and who was wronged by everyone. It's perhaps no surprise that he has therefore now turned himself and his wife into the exact same.

Reactions: 20