Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kingseven

VIP Member
Just realised I was inadvertently tracking a Ryanair flight from Leeds Bradford to Palma 😳

22,000 others are following it as well so at least I wasn't alone in that error 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 52

bubbadabut

VIP Member
One small mercy for the Queen. At least she won't have to sit through a Royal Variety Performance ever again. 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 48

Kate looks tired.
Do you know I’ve been thinking of Kate a lot these past few days, as a mother myself. Imagine seeing all these wonderful, but emotional traditions knowing one day they will be held in the event of your sons dad dying and your son becoming the nations King and then your son dying. Must be an incredibly overwhelming experience for her 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 48

CheesyMarmite

VIP Member
Just home now after walking back from the East Acton area….with a stop off at the pub!

It feels strange to me that I was so compelled to see her on her way back into London, but I’m glad I went.
There were just so many people and it was just so ghoulish for most of them to be there holding phones taking pics and videos. Personally I find that in bad taste, but each to their own.
No pics taken by me, just a bow of my head and a whisper of thanks.
❤

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Miffy29

VIP Member
Who cares if they were holding hands 🙄 zara was touching Mike's hand but I guess that's OK cos it wasn't Meghan 😬

Reactions: 38

TheShire

Someone on our street whatsapp incorrectly identified a Jet2 flight en route to Alicante as the Queen and people rushed to pay their respects. Quite a few were in tears. I thought it best to not point out the mistake and no one has spoken about it on the group.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Meghan was allowed to be where she was because she is Harry’s wife and he was in the procession.

I also did not see a hint of a smirk on her to be honest.

I think they probably could have waited to hold hands but it’s not like they were snogging each other filing out behind everyone.

I can’t be bothered to be bothered about it.

• Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member
If you had told me 6 months ago the Queens death would hit me so hard i would spend days sobbing i would have laughed at you.... Yet here I am day 5 (WOW) still an absolute emotional wreck
Just wanted to pop on and share that with others that understand

• Heart

MrAllSeeingEye

VIP Member
Looking back, the Jubilee really did feel like goodbye didn’t it? During her final balcony appearance, you could see how emotional she was. It really felt like an era coming to a close. And Paddington’s “Thank you Ma’am, for everything” 🥺

• Heart
  • Sad

Curly

VIP Member
Having just seen the clip about the pen. I think some people are over reacting. He hardly made a huge fuss, said he hates the things (which lots of people
Do). For someone who has just lost their mother I would hardly say he’s being tetchy

Reactions: 36

thegreencow

VIP Member
Like Her Majesty, I am finally home. It has been one of the most emotional evenings of my life. I was doing a running commentary of where the hearse was for those around me. Police were everywhere and I felt so safe. Then we heard the helicopter, a surreal experience. I cried when I arrived at Marble Arch but held it together when Her Majesty showed up. I curtseyed the coffin and thanked her for all she did. She went past quicker than I expected. The flags on the Hard Rock Hotel were at half mast… haunting. Everyone around me whipped there phones out but I didn’t. It’s a decision I will never regret. I am so glad I lived in the moment so to speak. It felt like a personal meeting between myself and Her Majesty.

I am exhausted and cannot imagine how the royals feel, especially Anne, Charles and Camilla. Tomorrow I hope to head to Whitehall to see the procession to Westminster Hall. Things will look different in the cold light of day. Despite the sadness I feel, I am forever grateful to have been able to witness so much history. This is a week I will never forget. Today the Queen became the first member of the royal family that I have ever ‘met’. Anne was in the car behind but it whizzed but as well, obviously in a rush to get her mother home.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Unicornishpastie

VIP Member
The Queen had a hand in the design of the hearse, the lights inside, the full windows…‘being seen in death as she was in life’..❤

• Heart

regularvoltaire

The line stretching all the way to bermondsey is crazy. There were lots of people that said the Queen was so important to them so they came to see her going to Buckingham palace because they won't be lining up. The 30 hour thing will have put most people off.
BERMONDSEY? I heard the tower and I was shocked! I really feel like this is such a massive moment, but I am also glad I’m not in London right now.
the plane carrying her coffin flew over my house this afternoon and I got my children outside. As it passed I looked round and one was praying, one saluting, and my daughter was crying. They’re 15, 13 and 10. No one said to do any of those things, it’s like it came naturally to them. I love being British.

• Heart