The Push - Murder on the Cliff

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fawziyah was completely trapped and failed by her culture. Going to belong to his family after marriage, what the hell is that about? That is a breeding ground for DV. I know her uncles are in pieces over this, feeling like they didn't protect her, and I know the marriage wasn't that long but I don't believe they didn't know anything the whole time her mother was desperately trying to get her away from that monster, and given her dad clearly disliked him immensely, they just stood back. Maybe they just didn't realise it would lead to her death so quickly.

I hope Anwar rots in jail. Hate his smug father too, who seems like he passed on his abusiveness to his evil son given how invisible his own wife appeared next to him, and all the horrible males in that family who are just like him.

Ingrid mentioned this but what evidence was she gathering? Her dying words at the scene, his actions with the phone, and the selfies which showed she had the phone at one point (and it was taken off her) were what got him convicted, not anything that happened before the hill. I don't think she thought he was going to kill her, because the way she talked about him putting the pillow over her face (??????) and punching it (?????????) was just nonchalant and why would she go up a hill at night with someone she thought would kill her and then tell him while she's there that she's leaving him?
if she wasnt leaving evidence behind why did she record those phone calls and lodge a complaint with the police she even told the police officer she wanted the complaint on record if she left no evidence behind and it was just her mother's statement and her telling ther police officer he pushed her at the very end im not sure that would be enough evidence for the jury it was already a non unanimous verdict as it was who knows she went up the hill of her own free will? He could of threatened her or forced her up there at least justice was done however they got there

Reactions: 1
Not victim blaming, but considering his volatile behaviour I’m surprised she told him she was leaving him when they were at the top of the hill.
As another poster said, perhaps he forced her up the hill. I can’t recall if anyone saw them walking up there.
Prior to marriage, it was obvious Fawziyah was a career woman so why did he pursue her? Surely he’d have been better going for a meek, subservient woman that he and his family could control.

Reactions: 5
Also something they didn't mention but was the fact he also killed their unborn child taken into account with sentencing?

is this because she was less than 24 weeks or is it just not acknowledged as a human while pregnant at all?
No it’s a crime from 24 weeks. It’s called child destruction. Someone in my area killed his heavily pregnant ex and was charged with crimes

is this because she was less than 24 weeks or is it just not acknowledged as a human while pregnant at all?
Fawziyah was 17 weeks, so it was because of the length of the pregnancy being below the threshold to be recognised as a viable human the law did not factor it into the charges against the monster she was married to. Murder by definition can only be committed against a human. There are campaigns to reduce the legal recognition threshold to 22 weeks because some children have survived being born at that stage.

Reactions: 3
His family couldn't even be sincere if they tried. His dad talking about the ring is absolutely vile.

Fawziyah fought her herself sadly it wasn't enough and it's scary to think how many women are in the same predicament are just to terrified to try and leave 😔

Reactions: 7
Prior to marriage, it was obvious Fawziyah was a career woman so why did he pursue her? Surely he’d have been better going for a meek, subservient woman that he and his family could control.
i can only refer to this trevor noah quote (about his own parents):

IMG_4715.jpeg

the attraction sometimes for “men” like this is to find an independent woman and want to control her. absolutely pathetic excuse for a man.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
It’s been 4 or 5 days since I watched this and it’s played on my mind ever since. It’s hit me in such a profound way.

Reactions: 11
I recorded both so I could skip through the adverts. Watched both parts last night, whilst my husband was having a nap.

He woke up to me in floods of tears. I don't usually cry with documentaries. However what got to me the most was Fawziyah's mum... especially when she was reading the prepared statement for if he was acquitted.

His father is a piece of work, whinging that the engagement ring has yet to be returned to him by police.

Reactions: 8
AND when he said he had bought the engagement ring because ‘she wanted a diamond’ and that he still hadn’t got it back from police yet 🤯🤯🤯
Oh my god as a mum to a girl, i was literally in tears shouting your a c**t at the tv. Oh im sorry she died!! Screw your ring it should go to her family to cash in

Reactions: 4
Why did his father buy the ring? His son had a job in an optician so why couldn’t he buy it? I found it disgusting when his father said ‘she was our daughter not theirs’ what a strange culture.

Just to echo how painful it was to watch Yasmin. That poor woman. I’d be lost without my daughter and even typing this makes me cry. I can only imagine how she feels.

Just finished this and agree with the views here absolutely heart breaking her family seemed so lovely and I shed a few tears which I usually don't at documentaries.
It's such a cliche to say how outgoing and selfless etc people are when they die but in this case its true she really did seem like such a extraordinary lady , taking her parents on holidays , days out etc and all the charity work she did as well as basically gathering evidence for her own murder 😢
I hope he and his family suffer now!! It will never compare to the pain her family are experiencing but I'm glad there's a shred of consolation in the verdict

Just finished this and agree with the views here absolutely heart breaking her family seemed so lovely and I shed a few tears which I usually don't at documentaries.
It's such a cliche to say how outgoing and selfless etc people are when they die but in this case its true she really did seem like such a extraordinary lady , taking her parents on holidays , days out etc and all the charity work she did as well as basically gathering evidence for her own murder 😢
I hope he and his family suffer now!! It will never compare to the pain her family are experiencing but I'm glad there's a shred of consolation in the verdict
I don’t think they will suffer. There was no acknowledgment or remorse from any of them. They’ll just peddle their own narrative and live in their own lies for the rest of their lives.

I watched this today as had loosely followed it in the media.
I sobbed about 6 times watching it. I don’t know whether it’s because I have a daughter or just listening to the pure tragedy. Yasmin’s pain is heartbreaking. Fawziyah seemed like such a good woman, her mum and dad worked so hard to support her to become the independent, special woman she became in adulthood.
The fact she said ‘mum I know what I’m doing’ and it went ever so wrong for her.

I hope Anwar rots. Despicable.

I’ve not watched something so hard hitting in a long while. I cried all my evening skincare off.

The strength of that amazing family blew me away. At the start the bit about her mum working a £5 job to pay for £20 an hour tuition, broke me.

I felt such a loss of such an amazing woman throughout this. Even when she calls a domestic helpline and is in such a dire situation, she’s so polite to the lady on the phone.

It was nice to see at the end the prosecution barrister seeing the family after the verdict. This case will stick with him for a long time. My dad is a barrister and he cried throughout too (big family of softies)

Her mum is just absolutely incredible.

Reactions: 6
. At the start the bit about her mum working a £5 job to pay for £20 an hour tuition, broke me.

Her mum is just absolutely incredible.
THIS. She was her mums angel, you could see her mum wanted to much for her daughter. That man and his family ruined it all. Her only child. Such a loss. She seemed like a genuinely lovely woman.
Her poor dad couldn’t even bring himself to speak on the documentary. The pain they are carrying, I can’t comprehend it