The Pursuit of Love

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone watch? I tried, I really tried, but had to give up about 15 minutes in despite lovely locations and clothes. Emily Mortimer apparently employed virtually her entire family and friends - proof that nepotism is a Bad Thing if ever there was one!

Reactions: 2
I also tried. It was like a bad, really bad atonement as far as I could tell. Should have been right up my street 🤷‍♀️

I was going to watch this but got caught up watching World War Z on E4. Its recorded but I don't know if I can be bothered to watch it.

I watched the whole thing but I hated it even though I wanted to like it 😕

Reactions: 1
I loved it even though I really disliked Linda. I just loved the clothes and the camp.

Reactions: 5
I enjoyed it! I was reluctant to watch it as I'm not a fan of Lily James' school of acting (gaping mouth, breathless sexiness). But I enjoyed the filmography of course it's going to be predictably titillating, but I enjoyed the cousin doing the narrative. (Only on episode 1)

I was sure I was going to love it going off the adverts, but I would say I'm currently in the neutral camp. I am looking forward to watching the next two episodes though. Has anybody read the book?

I did go through a bit of a Mitford phase years ago, morbidly fascinating I suppose, and maybe it was of the time, but Diane’s famed beauty has always left me a bit mystified. I think Nancy is stunning and either Debbo or Jessica properly pretty.

Lily James' performance- Lady Rose in Downton. Yet another one trick pony.

Reactions: 3
I read the book years and years ago, it was good but very of its time and I think a bit of a teen read really.

Oh, lots of bad reviews here. I’ve just finished episode 3, I’ve loved it. Love the costumes, colours, production and loads great eccentric characters.

I loved it it was a little bit different but not too out there, I thought that actress that played Fanny was great really loved her character sort of best friend we all need

Episode 2 was so much better! I’ve watched the 3rd one on iPlayer and really enjoyed the last 2 episodes.

I think there should have been other actresses playing them younger for start - couldn’t take it seriously!

I gave this a chance. I couldnt really watch it all the way through. Too many characters were maddeningly irritating, including Linda, who was bloody awful so I fast forward too much of it! I only really continued watching for Fanny, who was great, but I couldnt work out how many children she had by the end, because she was constantly pregnant

• Haha
I weirdly loved it even though I found Linda and Fanny really dislikable. I wanted there to be a moment where Fanny stood up for herself and told Linda to grow up but she spent her whole life being a wet wipe. Really enjoyed the soundtrack and cinematography. And Lord Merlin 😍

I weirdly loved it even though I found Linda and Fanny really dislikable. I wanted there to be a moment where Fanny stood up for herself and told Linda to grow up but she spent her whole life being a wet wipe. Really enjoyed the soundtrack and cinematography. And Lord Merlin 😍
There was the bit on the train, but it didnt seem to make a blind bit of difference. If a working class person behaved like that in any TV programme they would be chavvy and irresponsible, but the minute some upper class twit does it its all 'I've never seen someone so alive!'