Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kat.becs

The topic of Irish catholic’s was brought into a conversation about white people not being able experience racism so the racism aspect was relevant to the context...

Reactions: 1

Blade Runner

Chatty Member
I agree with peaceful protests and the BLM movement. I will be very sad if any elderly people protecting statues are hurt. I really really hope that doesn't happen.
So do I, but I can’t help but wonder why BLM protesters would damage a World War Two memorial anyway, or a statue of Abraham Lincoln. In America, they even damaged a statue in honour of black American soldiers.

My town is organising a 'peaceful' protest this weekend.... I may get slated for this but I personally think that for one, people are bored and it's something to do (lock down etc) and I've never seen anyone else any different in my eyes. Also did any 'white' people start rioting or take to the streets after Lee Rigby etc??? I'm only going this weekend to join a team of veterans who are going to protect our war monuments who are going to stand proud. I'm starting to think the blm protesters are making the divide

Also are Netflix going to remove white chick's the film. Its getting out of hand were is the line
Well, I hope you and the others keep safe. However, I can’t say I’m in favour of any protests during a lockdown in the middle of a pandemic.

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
That isn’t because those people were white though. No one is saying other prejudices don’t exist but catholics in NI weren’t persecuted *for* being white, it’s not comparable. The people doing the discrimination were also white so race has literally nothing to do with it.
No they were/are PERSECUTED for being Catholic! They still face the same hardships as POC in respect of housing ,jobs ,police brutality and had to fight hard to have their voices heard..

GossWhore

VIP Member
from what I’ve seen the BLM arranged protests actually passed relatively peacefully.
the yobs pissing on the statues they were “defending” seem to be the problem.
boris must be so proud

its hard to know looking at twitter what were being told and not being told though 🤷‍♀️
Tbh I thought you were being metaphorical but no. It actually happened. Wow. Regardless of stance, have some respect.
Screenshot_20200614-074642_Chrome.jpg

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Stories about people like this just piss me off. Same with all the right wing arseholes abusing police today. It gives the whole BLM movement a bad image 😣
the protests were hijacked and whatever is happening now is difficult viewing.

hnoz

VIP Member
Well police brutality is still rife in our town. Is the thread not called pros and cons of protesting ....I don't see the word racism in it ???????????
You literally said catholics in NI currently face the same level of persecution as black and POC, every comment is about the current protests about the BLM movement.
How is catholics in NI relevant to discussing the pros and cons of the protests?

JOHN1967

VIP Member
As a non white, I prefer the racism of the 70s' it was open, people called you a black bastard or n***** , paki to your face. They would say, there is no way I am promoting a n*****. Today You can't be sure where you stand, people are nice to your face and stab you in the back. Just my opinion as a non white.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Pros and cons of protests...
Unconfirmed but there are reports of black people now attacking white people, not just the police,
police looking on as they all fight each other, afraid to get involved.

and scumbags just there to kick someone or something and have a beer 🤷‍♀️

hard to see where this is going or where it’s going to end now, the cause has long since been forgotten.

kat.becs

Unconfirmed but there are reports of black people now attacking white people, not just the police,
police looking on as they all fight each other, afraid to get involved.

and scumbags just there to kick someone or something and have a beer 🤷‍♀️

hard to see where this is going or where it’s going to end now, the cause has long since been forgotten.

Stories about people like this just piss me off. Same with all the right wing arseholes abusing police today. It gives the whole BLM movement a bad image 😣