The Nevermets (Channel 4)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone watching the nevermets on channel 4? The premise is basically 90 day fiancé.

I hope there’s some other couples introducing other episodes because the first episode was just two couples but it is interesting so far.

Reactions: 5
Yep, I watched. I think the guy in the Philippines is just after sex. And the Indian girl’s family are gonna scare the young lad to death 🙈

Reactions: 2
Yep, I watched. I think the guy in the Philippines is just after sex. And the Indian girl’s family are gonna scare the young lad to death 🙈
It’s crazy the double standards! If it was a older guy talking to a younger girl the other side of the world people would be going crazy!

Reactions: 9
I agree, he’s 17 and seems really shy and reserved so that was crazy. I think she should’ve met him at the airport alone but maybe in her culture/country that isn’t ok? I’m not sure.
---
It’s crazy the double standards! If it was a older guy talking to a younger girl the other side of the world people would be going crazy!
I know they broke up when she found out he’d lied about his age (did they say how long they stopped talking?) but I’ve no idea why they got back together. Well I’ve no idea why she did! If someone lied to me about their age like that (making me a criminal!) I wouldn’t forgive them and it’ll never work out at those different life stages any way.
---
Started watching it but fell asleep! Isn't it abit of a rip off of 90 day fiance?
Yes! I think 90DF is only on paid for channels? So obviously channel 4 have seen they can get a load of viewers who only have free view etc but who would love 90DF. I think they’ve made it a little bit different by the person from England travelling to them, all the 90DF I’ve seen the person from the other country travels to America.

Reactions: 3
I prefer this to 90 day fiance it feels a lot more genuine.
As for that guy in Dubai, what a loser. She looked lovely and poor thing going all that way for him (again!) only to be let down.

The woman in India is creeping me out. I know he lied about his age but Jay looks young and acts young, it’s grooming. Can’t believe his parents waved him off happily too 😳

Reactions: 16
I found the whole thing a bit bizarre. I’ve seen the preview for episode 3 where the Indian lady is crying saying he’s the one. He’s so young! Cannot see it working.

Reactions: 10
I found the whole thing a bit bizarre. I’ve seen the preview for episode 3 where the Indian lady is crying saying he’s the one. He’s so young! Cannot see it working.
I don’t know how she has continued this relationship, he lied to her in a serious way, he’s too young, he’s not the right match for her, he will be scared by her family, he’s too immature (not in a bad way) for her life plans. I think they should’ve stayed friends and writing partners and I suspect she is pushing through with it and rushing everything to escape her family and be able to come and live in England away from them. Which I absolutely don’t blame her for but she’s going about it the wrong way and it’s not fair on jay so I don’t condone it.

Reactions: 4
I’m watching this and enjoying it. Red flags for all of them so far. I would say to Jay: run! The family in India have more or less married them off already. The guy in the Phillipines is revolting, just wants to get his leg over. And as for the one in Dubai, absolutely not, so unreliable!

I agree, he’s 17 and seems really shy and reserved so that was crazy. I think she should’ve met him at the airport alone but maybe in her culture/country that isn’t ok? I’m not sure.
---

I know they broke up when she found out he’d lied about his age (did they say how long they stopped talking?) but I’ve no idea why they got back together. Well I’ve no idea why she did! If someone lied to me about their age like that (making me a criminal!) I wouldn’t forgive them and it’ll never work out at those different life stages any way.
---

Yes! I think 90DF is only on paid for channels? So obviously channel 4 have seen they can get a load of viewers who only have free view etc but who would love 90DF. I think they’ve made it a little bit different by the person from England travelling to them, all the 90DF I’ve seen the person from the other country travels to America.
Agreed. The 17 year old situation makes me really uncomfortable. He’s so out of his depth and his parents are encouraging him. I hate the way they keep talking about how he’s under the age of consent. Like they’re counting down till he’s 18.

Reactions: 6
I've been watching this and finding it really interesting although the 17 year old with the woman 10 years his senior is really uncomfortable viewing and I'm struggling to fathom how Jay's parents could ever agree to the trip taking place. I caught up on episode 2 last night and kept thinking thank god the TV crew are there because if they weren't, I dread to think what more uncomfortable situations he'd be put in. Not only is it entirely inappropriate for Jay to be in this relationship, he doesn't seem to be too into her either now they've met face to face, and seems to be bringing the age gap up quite a lot, so it's as though he's realised she's too old for him, but now has to endure the trip.

I feel really sad for Sarah, she seems really vulnerable.

I hope Channel 4 have given them plenty of support.

Reactions: 7
I agree Sarah seems very vulnerable. Jay is waaay too young to be doing this and I also can’t believe his parents were even semi OK with it. Veena seems nice but I do agree if the genders were reversed there would be a lot more outrage.

Reactions: 9
I agree Sarah seems very vulnerable. Jay is waaay too young to be doing this and I also can’t believe his parents were even semi OK with it. Veena seems nice but I do agree if the genders were reversed there would be a lot more outrage.
I think his family were relieved he was coming out of his shell more. When his mum was talking she said she had been worried about him because he just stayed in his room all the time and barely spoke etc. So I think while she’s worried on balance she felt it was ‘better’ but I don’t think she is aware of the whole situation eg marriage, babies, live together NOW.

Agreed. The 17 year old situation makes me really uncomfortable. He’s so out of his depth and his parents are encouraging him. I hate the way they keep talking about how he’s under the age of consent. Like they’re counting down till he’s 18.
it's icky at best, if you're waiting for your partner to age out, you're still a p33do - intent is there, it's gross. I'm shocked at the leeway his parents are letting him have. I'm all for not coddling your kids and letting them be independent but sending him off to a groomer the other side of the world seems a bit extreme.

The girl meeting the guy in Dubai, I think she's had her head turned by his flashy insta, that could literally be anyones car he's posing with - she needs a nice guy not some asshat who thinks his aliexpress 'designer' bag makes him all that

I hope Sarah is ok, despite her conversation with her brother making me deeply uncomfortable - I don't think anyones brother needs to hear about how they're going to get it tbh 🥴

Reactions: 6
Must admit I’m side eyeing C4 and whoever the production company is allow a 17 year old to partake in this. Surely 18 should b the minimum. There’s no way he’s emotionally mature enough or savvy enough to fully comprehend what he’s signs up for and the exposure that comes with it. Imagine the stick he’ll be getting?
I would hate to think the decisions I made at 17 were broadcast for the world to see and I was street smart with far more life experience than he seems to have had. Feels all manner of wrong to me

Reactions: 13
I've just started this. Really enjoying it. I don't see it as 90 day fiancé to be honest. These are (supposedly) real relationships. I'd say it's closer to Cat Fish if anything.

I'm not against long distance and have found myself in similar situation before. But so many of these seem to have a power imbalance. The Nigerian guy is massive red flags to me so far. No one is not available all the time when she went to meet him originally

The Indian girl and you g guy seem sweet, but if that was a guy in his 20s and a 17 yest old girl there would be uproar. The guy is also super innocent and unprepared.
---
The Philippines guy it's more than sex, he wants to impregnate her quickly so he can have a British citizen child and get a visa here.

Last edited:
What an incredibly creepy show. Imagine the press attention if a 16 year old girl was making a solo trip to India to meet a 26 year old man and all his family.

I'm 27 and wtf would I have in common with a 17 year old? Yes you can have similar interests but you're at a completely different stage in your life. She even acknowledged that this at the beginning. She's such a weirdo, people like her can't attract people within her age range so they take advantage of younger people

Reactions: 4
I channel flicked and caught this lat night. WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK?! They’ve been together 18 months, he’s NOW 17, that made him 15! 15!!! She has groomed that poor lad. Why were his parents ok waving him off on this trip? Why is allowed to be televised? It’s disgusting! Just because it’s an older woman does not make this ok.

Reactions: 5