The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started watching Mrs Maisel for the costumes, but honestly, I enjoy some of ASP's works. I was very young when Gilmore Girls was broadcasted, and honestly, I haven't gone through all of it. I must be stuck on season 4 or something because it was Rory at Yale, Paris seeing a professor. Bunheads, I tuned in during the broadcast. I loved it and Bailey Buntain was in it, and she's Imogen on this series.

In all honestly, I thought Midge would be facing more repercussions for her actions during season 4, but hey, we got Lenny's talk.

Reactions: 1
I love this show. Love Midge and Susie and CANNOT get Lenny out of my head - the real Lenny Bruce never looked this good!
FEWMIN that this and Succession are ending at the same time.

Reactions: 2
I’m enjoying the most recent series, but can’t stand Miriam’s parents, especially the way they treat Zelda. Not overly keen on Joel’s parents either, am I the only one? 😆

I’m enjoying the most recent series, but can’t stand Miriam’s parents, especially the way they treat Zelda. Not overly keen on Joel’s parents either, am I the only one? 😆
Not keen on Joel's parents nor Rose, but Abe has had some great moments this series, like when that producer put her hand on his leg and his crisis afterwards. I cried laughing at Zelda's wedding when he played the Chopin, the way he wrapped it up! I watch with subtitles and never knew that bit he did at the end was called "Shave and a Haircut, Two Bits"

This series is my favourite so far. Loving it. Loving old fat jailbird Joel

I’m thinking at the end she is dashing off for an emergency with Shirley and Moish. They weren’t at the synagogue when Joel was arrested. Thinking a car crash finishes them off. There is sooo much to tie up in the final episode

I’m thinking at the end she is dashing off for an emergency with Shirley and Moish. They weren’t at the synagogue when Joel was arrested. Thinking a car crash finishes them off. There is sooo much to tie up in the final episode
Too much imo for a satisfying ending. Also not sure if this is unpopular opinion but the lack of Lenny this season has left a big gaping hole of chemistry.

Not really a fan of the flash back/forward. I thought the phone call would be something had happened to Abe after the speech to his friends about not telling Midge how great she was. Now I can’t remember if he’s been mentioned in the later years with all the criss crossing!

Too much imo for a satisfying ending. Also not sure if this is unpopular opinion but the lack of Lenny this season has left a big gaping hole of chemistry.
I’ve missed Lenny too. I assumed there would be a reaction to his death at least.

Abe was still alive in the flash forward when she was marrying Phillip Roth

Abe was still alive in the flash forward when she was marrying Phillip Roth
Ah yes so he was! We binged through them at the weekend and I’ve already forgotten half of it. May just re watch all 5 series after the last episode Friday!

I hate flashback and current day sequences for that reason - you quickly forget so much. 😐 I absolutely loved Abe’a epiphany about Midge and think Tony Shalhoub will win an Emmy for that performance!

The finale was amazing, I loved it! Lovely way to finish

Lenny's final scene was perfect - still charming and urging Midge on. I was a bit teary eyed at the Gordon Ford turn, Midge and Susie both looking overwhelmed and so happy. So wonderful they were friends again at the end!

Reactions: 2