Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lumpfish

VIP Member
Has anyone watched this? Created by Amy Sherman-Palladino who was show runner for my favourite series Gilmore Girls! About a housewife turned comedian in 1950s. Just wondering if worth starting?

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Droosie123

VIP Member
Absolutely wonderful....I'm on Season 3 now and don't want it to end. I adore Alex Borstein as Suzy.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
I love this show. The production value is 💥 amazing! It really does feel like you’re in the 50s.
I love the dynamic between the 2 main characters so much - Susie and Midge, obviously!! I can’t wait for season 4.

I think the title of the show puts people off because people assume it’s like a girly show, maybe? I convinced my dad to watch it (he’s 60 soon) and he loves it too!

Reactions: 4

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Has anyone watched this? Created by Amy Sherman-Palladino who was show runner for my favourite series Gilmore Girls! About a housewife turned comedian in 1950s. Just wondering if worth starting?
Yes, it’s glorious. I really enjoyed it. Just sad that there isn’t more!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
The finale was amazing, I loved it! Lovely way to finish

Lenny's final scene was perfect - still charming and urging Midge on. I was a bit teary eyed at the Gordon Ford turn, Midge and Susie both looking overwhelmed and so happy. So wonderful they were friends again at the end!

Reactions: 2

Mookiegoose

I only managed to get as far as episode 3 and got bored. Maybe I need to give it another go.

The main character reminded me of Charlotte from SATC and I couldn't see past it.

Lumpfish

VIP Member
For anyone who likes podcasts there’s one called Maisel Goys (from the same creator of Gilmore Guys podcast) and it’s worth a listen. They almost love to hate the show which I love.

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
I love this show. Love Midge and Susie and CANNOT get Lenny out of my head - the real Lenny Bruce never looked this good!
FEWMIN that this and Succession are ending at the same time.

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
I’m thinking at the end she is dashing off for an emergency with Shirley and Moish. They weren’t at the synagogue when Joel was arrested. Thinking a car crash finishes them off. There is sooo much to tie up in the final episode
Too much imo for a satisfying ending. Also not sure if this is unpopular opinion but the lack of Lenny this season has left a big gaping hole of chemistry.

Reactions: 1