The Gosselin Family

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn’t find a thread on the Gosselins, so thought I’d make one!

They are an American couple, Kate and Jon, who had twins Cara and Mady, and then went on to have Sextuplets, Aaden, Collin, Joel, Alexis, Hannah, and Leah.

44C097D0-22EA-4F95-A64C-862C2F9D7E24.jpeg

Obviously, this was picked up by American tv show TLC who documented their lives for years. Kate & Jon eventually got divorced (no surprise there) and the kids all lived with Kate… until it was found out one of the sextuplets Collin had been dumped in an institution and seemingly abandoned.

They always seem to be popping up in the press now and I think it’ll only be a matter of time before all the dirty laundry is aired out!

Collin, Hannah and Jon seem to have done an interview slagging off Kate and in return Kate and Mady have released statements saying how Collin was aggressive and dangerous.

Personally, I can’t wait for one of them to do a tell all book and my money is on Hannah 🤣

Reactions: 7
I watched the show when they were younger. I never saw how abusive Kate actually was.

I saw Jon's interview with Dr OZ and I honestly believe him.

Have you seen Collin's dark side of the 2000s interview?

Reactions: 1
I watched them years ago she's a bloody lunatic and I always felt sorry for Jon.
---
Remember how evil she was about the chewing gum and was going to throw Colin's teddy away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I haven’t seen the full interview, just clips on the internet. Apparently he’s been accepted into the marines, so surely they would do a full psych analysis on him?! Even if your child was abusive with mental health issues, you wouldn’t just abandon them and never visit. He was still so young! Kate doesn’t have a leg to stand on!

Reactions: 4
Kate’s iconic hairdo had a bigger cultural impact than almost anything ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was horrified at Kate's behavior back in the day. I'm even more horrified by her behavior in present day where she's responding to comments on her Instagram post implying Collin is lying about getting accepted into the Marines and other trash. Her post is all "i love him very much, im soooo reluctant to have to make this post~" then she just keeps dragging him in the comments where the average person won't see what shes saying. I've never seen anything like it and its sick!

She has not changed at all over the past 18+ years and will always be an abusive monster in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, Jon's Ed Hardy shirt wearing era was absolutely cringe and not good to play out with the tabloids, but since maturing more I see why he let loose after escaping such an abusive marriage and environment. The fact he showed up and stepped up for Collin speaks so much to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I used to love this show lol

Wasn't Hannah Kate's favourite? It's interesting that Hannah ended up choosing to live with her dad instead.

Talking of Jon, didn't he end up dating the daughter of Kate's plastic surgeon or something similar? 😂

Thanks for making this thread!

I used to watch all the episodes and honestly I admired Kate. Eight kids! And they were all clean and cared for, she fed them well, cooked organic from scratch alot of the time. I would have lost my mind being the mother in that house after 24 hours. And Jon seemed a bit useless, always needed to be told what to do.

I think we're all seeing a different side to her now though!

I watched this back in the day, but bloody hell the woman was so rude and aggressive. She was a cold hearted fish and there was a lot of ill feeling towards her boys way back then. I remember whenever the children were sick, she was so melodramatic and made them sleep on the laundry room floor so that the rest of the house didn‘t get messed up. Jon would get his ear bitten off as soon as he came in from work. She‘d hit the children with a wooden spoon, and kept one in the car door. She’s an absolute horror.

There‘s a book called “Kate Gosselin How She Fooled the World. The Rise and Fall of A reality TV Queen”. It‘s a real eye opener and well worth a read.

Funny that Mady is saying that Colin was agressive. If you’ve watched the series you would have seen that she was the one that would hit her younger siblings all the time.

I used to love this show lol

Wasn't Hannah Kate's favourite? It's interesting that Hannah ended up choosing to live with her dad instead.

Talking of Jon, didn't he end up dating the daughter of Kate's plastic surgeon or something similar? 😂
I'm sure Jon ended up dating the girl that was helping them, like a day Nanny type job, I can't remember her name, she was about18 at the time.
---
Think her name was Mellisa?

I used to love this show but always thought what a fruit loop Kate was! Collin was always my favourite kid.

Jon was always a bit of a wet blanket

Reactions: 2
I'm sure Jon ended up dating the girl that was helping them, like a day Nanny type job, I can't remember her name, she was about18 at the time.
---
Think her name was Mellisa?
I mean, he dated a lot during his Ed Hardy era, it wouldn't surprise me!

I just googled and he dated Hailey Glassman, who is the daughter of the surgeon who did Kate's tummy tuck. She's come out and said that Jon tried to blackmail Kate for money - I'm actually not too shocked about that tbh!

He also dated a nanny called Stephanie Santoro around the same time.

Jon and the two kids that live with him are taking part in a documentary about the 2000's, so there's a few new articles floating about about the family which are interesting to read

Reactions: 3