The Girl from Plainville on Hulu (Michelle Carter true story)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BEWARE, SENSITIVE CONTENT & SPOILERS

Has anyone been watching this show? There are only a couple of episodes left for season 1. It is based on Michelle Carter who was convicted for involuntary manslaughter.
I did not know about this case at all before I watched this show and it made me super angry. Maybe it is just me but I don't believe Michelle should be in prison. If I tell you to jump from a cliff and you jump then it is my fault that you jumped and not yours? I don't really want to mention the word ''s......e' as this post might get flagged but if someone has tried to take their life before, has a weak personality and hurts themselves and eventually end their life because someone told them to via text then that person should be convicted of murder? If that is the case then all the trolls online should be in prison. In the show, it shows that the judge dismissed the jury and took the final decision upon himself. I believe if the jury was involved then Michelle might have been free today. What are your opinions on this?

Reactions: 1
I was glued to the news coverage when the story came out, so was interested to see what the TV series would be like.

Because of creative license, there will be some things told in the TV series that didn't really happen. I can usually spot those sorts of things a mile off, but not on this occasion so it's throwing me a bit ...
The scene where she was practicing Lea Michelle's character from Glee, in her mirror - did that happen? There have been other things, but I haven't watched it for a couple of weeks and can't remember offhand what they were.

I actually gave up on the show a couple of weeks ago as it was a bit slow-moving and I don't like that jumping around timelines style that is so popular these days. I might wait until it's finished and re-watch it all, marathon-style.