The Dis Unplugged #5 Stay Out of the Damn Employees

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shocking stuff. You are truly courageous Dustin, I hope this a cathartic experience for you

Reactions: 9
This is so similar to what happened to me. Right before Italy, I told Pete I didn’t love him and didn’t wanna be with him and he begged me to still come on the trip ‘as his friend’ and when i did, he woke me up in the middle of the first night screaming and crying (I was sleeping on the couch) and begging me to sleep in the bed with him and that he was lonely. I went to the bed, he talked to me and cried and told me I was ‘denying’ my feelings for him and that if I didn’t love him, I never would’ve come on the trip. (Despite him saying for me to come as his friend and he’s also my employer saying I need to come on a work function) - I told him I did not feel that same way and that i only came on the trip for Pete to save face with his fans and I went to sleep and I woke up to him touching me.
---
Yea everyone else was cordial with me. Charles was really the only one that openly didn’t care for me. I think others were worried about my situation with Pete, but it was moreso how it affected them. I remember getting approached by a staff member (won’t say who) and them reminding me that if I reported Pete/sued him that I wasn’t just hurting Pete, I would be hurting everyone because they would all lose their jobs.

A lot of people cautioned Pete that he should be more careful around me because I was the most likely to go public and they were 100% correct and I even told Pete at the time that they were right because I would go public when the time was right and he laughed it off and thought I was kidding.
---
Oh yes, Romania. In the lead up to Italy (prior to me telling him I no longer have feelings for him) I wanted to do something for him because nobody ever plans things for Pete. He was excited and it was a total surprise. We left at like 2-3am out of the smaller airport in Rome to fly over to Brasov. He still didn’t even know at the airport which plane we were getting on.

We took Ryan Air. I did purchase their ‘first class’ which was just regular seats with nobody in the middle seats but the flight was only 1.5 hours so it wasn’t bad. Worst meal I’ve ever had on a plane though. Pete actually had a really good time. Bran Castle sucks but I hired a driver and he took us to Peles Castle which is one of the coolest places I’ve ever been to. We ate at this restaurant and learned all about their role in WW2 and then back to the airport and flew back to Rome, so it wasn’t even overnight - it was like an 18 hour day trip.

He was behaved and pleasant that day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
That's good to hear. He did actually speak highly of that trip, but now I've just been questioning everything he's told me 🫠 He usually isn't going to tell a story that paints him in a bad light. But then again, most people won't!

Reactions: 5
Wow. So sorry to hear that happened to you. I'm super happy that you were able to move on--that must have been an incredibly traumatic experience.

I know you're being humble about how you're no saint, etc. but NO ONE deserves to be violated like that, especially by a person in power.

It's been mentioned on here before, but if Pete were straight and doing this to female employees, he'd be in legal hell (where he belongs).

Reactions: 16
I'm a bit of a lurker on this thread and was a fan of the DIS from the Bob Varley days (barely watch it now), but oh my gosh I am so sad and angry to hear what happened to Sean and Dustin. I hope this forum is helpful for you both to let of steam and heal and I'm glad to hear you've both been able to move on. Dustin, I hope you're able to take your wife to WDW eventually and that the magic is still there for you. It was evident during your time on the DIS you were hugely talented and destined for great things so I hope you haven't lost your passion for creative filmmaking.

One question I did have is what happened with Pete's ex-husband Walter? On one of the few occasions I met Pete, he implied that Walter cheated on him - however I can fully imagine based on what's been revealed on this thread it being the other way around.

Reactions: 8
As a gay man, I am cautious to use to word predator. That word gets thrown around far too much about gay men
I throw the word around anytime I hear about an employer consistently abusing their power to bed employees.
I throw the word around anytime I hear about an employer using company funds to put a prostitute on the payroll.
I throw the word around anytime I hear about an employer requiring employees to share hotel rooms "to save money"

Let's not confuse the issue here with political correctness.
He's a groomer and a predator, and if this were young women being abused by a horny old man then charges would have already been filed.

Instead of worrying about Pete being victim off homophobia, how about a little empathy for the victims who are being ignored because their men.

They're the actual victims of bias here.

Reactions: 23
I think we can acknowledge that Pete is a pathetic loser while still understanding that sometimes the word "predator" is used too loosely.

Pete is 100% a predator, though.

Reactions: 15
I remember getting approached by a staff member (won’t say who) and them reminding me that if I reported Pete/sued him that I wasn’t just hurting Pete, I would be hurting everyone because they would all lose their jobs..
HELLO anyone who breezed by this is really not getting the weight of this statement holy fucking shit

Reactions: 31
HELLO anyone who breezed by this is really not getting the weight of this statement holy fucking shit
I was just about to post about this. If this is true, especially if said by a supervisor, the problems at the Dis extend waaaaaaaaaaay beyond Pete.

Reactions: 19
Hi! New here. Came over from The Tim Tracker thread. I have been watching The Dis for years and am SO surprised by all of this! I just can't believe it. It saddens me for Dustin and Sean. Ok...carry on.

Reactions: 10
It was mentioned on the latest DVC Fan podcast/YouTube video that employees of DIS can't even disconnect when they go away on vacation? The only way they can get away from work is to take a cruise, but if they have the internet package they have to checkin with work regularly? WTH. Does that sound like the kind of company one wants to work for. It isn't like these people are in high up positions, I could MAYBE understand a higher level manager needing to checkin, but just some regular joe workerbee?

Reactions: 5
I read this thread a lot but rarely comment. I couldn’t read Dustin and Sean’s stories and scroll on by. It made me so sad and bloody angry to read how you’ve both been abused by that creep. I’m beyond disgusted. I hope you both have found peace and happiness. I used to watch the show when you guys were on but stopped not long after Charles left. I occasionally watch a dining show if I’m planning a trip from the Uk. I won’t watch ever again after hearing about what a fucking predator Pete is.

Reactions: 14
This was an incredibly difficult story to read, Dustin. Thank you for sharing your truth.

Reactions: 7
As much as I enjoy Craig and Ryno, I can’t continue to support any of the Dis content. The Dis Unplugged was the first theme park channel I subscribed to back in 2018 when I decided to save for a WDW trip. I loved all of the shows, even if the past year has been less entertaining. There’s just no way I can contribute to a man who reportedly sexually assaults people. I completely agree with @Jafar when he says that the term “predator” is tossed around far too easily (towards gay men in particular). I also agree when he says that Pete appears to be predatory.

Thank you, Dustin and Sean, for sharing your truth with us. It takes a lot of courage, and it’s evident that you have both put in so much work to heal.

To say this is heartbreaking is an understatement.

Reactions: 24
How many self-righteous Werner "rants" did we all have to suffer through about Disney mistreating their cast members while this delusional asshole is bullying his own employees, misappropriating company funds to pay prostitutes, and sexually abusing a series of young men? Yeah, YOU should be the one running Disney's HR department Werner.

This goes beyond being a simple hypocrite. He's simply psychotic.

I can't imagine how his employees managed to stomach sitting there listening to Werner's sanctimony while they themselves were being treated far worse by him than Disney has ever treated their theme park workers. No cast members were ever required to share a hotel room with a love-starved Bob Iger near as I can tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
Pete is a predator just as a male employer who would do this to a female employee or female employer to a male employee.
If that is homophobic...oh well.

Reactions: 13
There is an episode where he rails against the ‘Me Too’ thing with Pixar and I actually tuned out the entire episode and was just staring at him and I don’t think I spoke a word the entire time because I just had to know what he was going to say since I assumed he would later be in the same spot.

Reactions: 18
First of all I wasn’t worried about Pete. That was a general statement about the use of the word. Not specific to this situation. Where you would just call a straight man a creep, a gay man gets called a predator. Secondly, before you say I have no empathy for the victims why don’t you go back and read all the messages in the last thread.
---
Funny that “felony assaulter” Charles would have a high horsed opinion of you

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.