Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jafar

I've said it before and I'll say it again, The Dis is a destructive cult. Read stories from anyone who has left Scientology or the FLDS etc. and see the similarities between their stories and Sean's. Thanks for sharing Sean. I hope you didn't sign an NDA like everyone else though. Pete is a bitter, vindictive person as you know.

Reactions: 13

JaqAndGus

Just watched the show....you have two people who were JUST at D23 and barely allowed to speak while Pete went on and on about cruising.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

peteykirch

VIP Member
Nah, he’s a super Disney fan. His old office during the pandemic was covered in Disney plushes and merch because you could see them when he was on Zoom.

Also, anyone that takes their mom to Disneyland Paris (post Pete relationship) has to be a super fan. 😂
Except he knew nothing of the parks and was employed as a travel agent.

The man refused to eat at Garden Grill because it was presented by Smucker's and he thought all they sold were jams and jellies.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

WDWUO83

VIP Member
The drama abounds. Sean didn’t take it down, his “business partner” did, so Sean reposted it on his own account. He anticipates being kicked out of his own business’s Facebook group for sharing it again.

Um. I don’t know how to feel right now. He’s always been my absolute least favorite person in TheDis-verse. But this Sean is a totally different person!!! Like completely different energy, well spoken, poking fun at criticism while also listening to it…and on a superficial level, he looks great. I would like to see more of his doggo that’s snoozing in the background though.

The whole not buying MtO thing is verrrry interesting. I wonder what else we’ll hear about that!

What the What?!

He said:

Hi Tattlers, sorry for the length of this post but I have five years to mentally sift through and I dont really know where to start. I was on the DIS and one of the requirements is The ability to ramble, so I apologize in advance.
I have learned that one of the biggest parts of growing up is realizing that life is your journey but that doesn't make you the hero. I have sat around trying to think of what Disney story my life with Pete was for years and I shifted around. I used to think he was Gaston but that didn't feel quite right. Then I thought maybe he was Prince John from Robin Hood, sniveling over his riches and whining, while not being capable of doing anything for himself, but that would make me Robin Hood and that didn't feel right because Im not him. Then it hit me....he's Judge Claude Frollo - he's self righteous, attacks anyone who doesn't agree with him, and we all know his stuff with Esmeralda (0.0) - however, I am not Esmeralda so the story didn't work for me. Im a friendly guy but she's way better than I am lol.

So, at some point I was out doing showings, thinking through all this and I finally found a winner. This is Alice in Fucking Wonderland! Moving To Orlando, Dreams Unlimited Travel, The DIS and all of it is a complete mindfuck. People are running around, doing nonsensical things that should never happen in a professional job setting and nobody can stop themselves because its all anybody knows. You are so far down the rabbit hole that you truly forget that other places don't operate the way this operates. Joining as Alice, I walked from thing to thing asking people logically, why do we do this?
'Why are you running through the water trying to get dry?' - 'BECAUSE THATS HOW YOU GET DRY!'
'Why do we not come up with topics for shows until the morning of filming?' - 'Because that's how we do things'

I used to stress myself trying to figure out why everything just seems to be done illogically and I couldn't get an answer. Were all mad here, I guess. So, Im just Alice the bystander - who got involved in the wrong hole (no pun intended) and this is all led by the main offender who made Wonderland a shit show, The Queen. The people involved in all companies run by the Queen are playing a game where the rules are decided by the emotions of the Queen's heart. You think you are winning and you have the most points but then the Queen decides that the lowest score wins and it's off with your head! You did everything logically and right but The Queen's power is absolute and the sun rises and sets when she says so and if it doesn't it must be destroyed too.

Once I realized I wasn't the hero in the story, it all made sense. I was Alice. Not a hero, just a person - in a very warped place. And when I broke out of that mentality, I knew I had to go back through the looking glass and smash it on my way out - I just want sanity and peace.. I don't care anymore what they do in that place and the citizens were kind to me but had clearly been infected by Wonderland over the years and I was getting infected too. I Love Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and at one point Anastasia says 'I always thought Wonder stood for 'Wonderful' but I realize now it's "wonder how I'm gonna make it' and I finally understand that statement.......Wonderland can eat my ass.

Now onto Tattle. I like that website because it gives people a place to bitch. Everybody needs a bitchin' place and I dont want to confirm too many things because half the fun is being unsure about the truth. That being said, if Pete ever wondered about the state of his company, he would realize that only having 2 pages of gossip isn't the flex he thinks it is. It means you're irrelevant, not beloved. However, I was sad that tattle didn't put DIS content in the influencer page. Pete hates the term influencer because he thinks they are 'Brain dead girls taking photos in front of the castle for self promotion' and not real work like his - so he never wants to be compared to an influencer - despite that being exactly what he is.

I was brought on to the DIS in 2017 and I didn't know what the DIS was, I didn't even know people had podcasts about Disney, so I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I had been to Disney in 2006 and in 2013 and then moved to Orlando and worked at the parks for a bit in 2014. I did have an annual pass but didn't really experience anything Disney had to offer outside the rides. When Pete asked me to appear on camera, I had no idea what I was supposed to say or talk about. He started me on a live show on a Tuesday and I told him I didn't think I should be on the show because I just didn't know enough to talk about Disney news, but he had full faith in me. That made me feel good, not knowing that it was just because I was the starchild of the month. I was the person who sorts the fan emails and I knew very clearly where the audience stood on everyone, including myself. I was later asked to join Dining shows and I mention it because it's been a topic of conversation for a long time and I want to clear that up. I had NO business being on the dining show, but not for the reason people think. Sidebar - I didn't refuse to eat at Garden Grill because it was Smuckers or whatever. When my family came in 2013 on our trip, we had free dining and Garden Grill was what we arbitrarily chose for our sit down. When we arrived and saw the Smuckers emblem we switched to Tutto Italia because we assumed we had chosen a breakfast place or something.

Dining Shows should not exist in the format that they are in. I think it's a great idea to showcase food from the Disney parks and talk about it, but the way people act like they went to culinary school is ridiculous. I felt so uncomfortable being expected to critique the food but to my credit, I did order a variety of things. I know it was a big deal that I hadn't eaten a hotdog (still havent) and it negated anything I had to say from that point forward. But my family never bought them when I was kid, so I never ate one and as an adult, I just never have had an interest because I know they don't tend to be good quality so I can get a burger or nachos or something that I know I already like. People do have the impression that I was a picky eater and I dont agree, I ate in every restaurant and tried pretty much anything that was ever put in front of me. I didn't gain 80 pounds by being picky. I finally told Pete I wouldn't do Dining Shows anymore after Boma breakfast years ago. I tried everything on the buffet and I just didn't love the food (im not a breakfast person) but I still gave it a 10/10 because I felt it had a lot of variety and the quality was good, it just wasn't my taste. The audience still rip my ass apart, so I just knew there was nothing else to do at that point. The funniest part is, if you watch, Pete orders the same meal EVERY TIME. He only orders steak. Every now and then he will get pork of some kind but 9 times out of 10, he gets steak. He is a chain smoker and doesn't even try 1 bite before he drowns it in salt. When I started (go back and watch if you have nothing better to do than watch paint dry) and you will see that Pete never eats vegetables before 2018/2019 and when he does it is only asparagus or broccoli (occasionally Brussel sprouts) but Pete is BY FAR the pickiest eater of the whole group. He doesn't like any asian except teriyaki chicken and rice, he doesn't like any latin cuisines, he hates seafood, he doesn't like Indian food or anything traditional for that matter. When we went to Japan, Turkey and Romania and I had to beg him to have 1 authentic meal in those countries because he only likes his bubble of things.

Here is a general rundown of a dining review....
We arrive and don't do the intro before the meal. Pete sits and the producer runs around getting B-roll. Pete sits annoyed because he is ready to order since he had time to look at the menu and the producer doesn't. Producer is scolded, comes back and orders and Pete is now annoyed and will take it out on the server. Pete insists on everyone ordering their entree and appetizers at the same time. Pete sits and sighs loudly looking at his phone until someone asks what's wrong and then he says 'nothing, just everyone Is an idiot, im gonna go smoke' and then he has 1 person go with him to keep him company. While he is having to LITERALLY LEAVE THE PARK TO GO SMOKE - we are served appetizers. We sit and wait for Pete because we can't start eating until he has arrived back and given the all clear. The food has been on the table for 5-10 minutes and is untouched, he arrives back and we finally start eating. However, Pete has no salt and is immediately annoyed that the server isn't standing right there to give it to him. He waits for their return and finally gets salt. He drown each bite in salt before he eats it and then says 'this is disgusting, it was clearly sitting in the back under a heat lamp because it's lukewarm and not fresh' - I stare at him with dead eyes wondering if he understands the concept that food gets cold over time while it sits on a fucking table. Then the entrees arrive......but appetizers are not finished and we haven't even begun to pass the camera around to discuss the appetizers. Pete scolds the server about rushing him through the meal and explains that they should be more respectful to paying customers. The server returns the entrees to the kitchen. We eat. They take our plates and Pete makes a nasty comment like 'and NOW you can bring out the entrees, when the guest is done with the appetizer' - Then we get entrees and its eaten....BUT WAIT, it was in the back sitting on a heat lamp! So we go through the whole thing again. Then the meal is done (or is it?) because Pete must leave to smoke again. While he is gone, we are asked if we will be on one check and we say, no we need dessert menus. Pete is gone forever, eventually returns and orders dessert and coffee and is promptly pissed when the server brings the check and says no rush, ill just leave this here, leaving the bill. He then explains to them again why that wrong for him and the server sheepishly walks away. He then gets on camera and says how wonderful the server is before leaving them a large tip and then explaining to everyone at the table what the bill was an how much of a tip he left, reminding us, I used to be a server so I have a soft spot for them. Then we leave and do the intro and the outro, and then we all walk 1 step behind him to the valet and wait with him until he gets into his car and then we all go get in our cars in the regular spots and drive home. Another successful meal!

I dont think that answered any burning questions but I will read through the site and see what I can directly comment on and go from there. But for now I have to go get drunk
Just WOW! Thanks @The Mandorlandarian and to Sean for posting this. A true epiphany indeed. I do love a good backstory. I shall never see the dining shows or any of the shows the same way again. 😜🫣

Cinnamon1

Craig doesn't really bother me as host, I think sometimes it's more he doesn't know he's doing it and is forced to put one on ad hoc. I think Pete (when he's on his game) is better and Craig can be awkward but I don't think he's bad. I guess the problem is you either like him or you don't.

The weird thing I will say about the reimbursement is at this point Craig should have a company card. He has surely proven his reliability. Give him a limit and have him submit receipts. I don't get what's hard about that. Reimbursements should be for occasional things not your actual job function expenses.
I don't mind Craig and agree that he is thrown in at the last minute of hosting duties very often. The workers that go into the parks absolutely should have a company credit card and have a specific parameter what they could spend per month. There should be no asking for reimbursement, a company policy should be in place and not built on how someone feels/mood that day about what they spent.

wtc50e

Chatty Member
According to my source Fiasco was definitely fired.
I would bet anything he was fired as well. You would give him an on camera send off if he was reaching for his personal dreams. Craig probably told Pete to say something as it’s becoming really bad and noticeable.

Happiest

Chatty Member
Deni has more class and charm than Pete or Kevin could ever dream of having. She looks so happy now and just so fresh and lively and like the weight is gone from her shoulders. It seems that GKTW it a perfect fit and she seems happy. I wish her all the very best!

primapancake

To add something positive :) - just watching the latest tuesday show and I love seeing the older crew together again. I feel like John and Kevin being present really changes the energy in the room for the better. I know people think Julie brings little to the table but I enjoy her personality and that she‘s so lively; she seems fun to hang out with. Can‘t say that about Erica unfortunately.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Molly (formerly of AllEars, now of Mammoth Club) posted in the MAM discord yesterday saying they are looking for a new editor. They person they are currently using is expecting a new baby this fall and needs (obviously) family time. I wonder if Craig is the current editor?! He and Molly are pals, and he does a great job putting videos together. Just a little side question!

• Wow

hmgiraffy

This has been some fun reading. Let me first say about Sean, I think he's a decent person from the times that I've hung out with him. But also, he's not innocent in this. He mentioned the stuff about Eric Gross. I definitely think he screwed over Eric. Sean wasn't doing well with the Dreams and Dis side of things and wanted to be able to make more money (I'm guessing he was looking at everyone else at the Dis and how little they were making and didn't want to end up like them...that AND I'm sure he was used to make more money with his past "Night Job"). So Sean wanted to jump in with the real estate stuff and he probably got in Pete's ear to kick out Eric, which would leave all of the low hanging fruit for himself.
Most of the team didn't care for Sean. I also know Charles HATED Sean. Charles would always confront Pete about him. I wonder if that's what ended things between Charles and Pete? I've always been curious about why Charles ended up leaving. I remember one time Pete was supposed to go on a cruise with Charles, but then they had a massive fight and Pete ended up taking Charles off of that trip. But I think Sean was definitely guilty of buying into the wealth and thinking of himself. But then again, why not? When you are in that type of environment, you have to watch out for yourself.

As for Ryno, I can't stand him or his social justice warrior stances he tries to make. I remember when he talked about how he would have more compassion for a dog than another human. He talked about The Haunted Mansion ride and how he doesn't like the dog in the graveyard scene because the dog is so skinny and it makes him sad because he just wants to give the dog a hamburger....a robotic dog...And whenever Ryno talks about how he doesn't like zoos, or "animals in captivity", or he doesn't like that birds are pets...I can't with this idiot. And then last week's Universal Show, they talked about one of the Haunted Houses will have a prison aesthetic and Ryno doesn't like that because of the current climate of our political system. I think Ryno is the embodiment of dog shit. He adds nothing to society, and you hate that someone just left him sitting on a sidewalk stinking up the place.
And Craig...he has one of two things to say--either 1. I'm one of those few people who don't like this OR 2. I'm one of the few people who actually do like this....I think he would say that he enjoys walking barefoot on glass just to try and show everyone how different he is than the norm

Dining with Pete is definitely a tense experience...I would just feel uncomfortable for so much of it because of how Pete treats the wait staff. It would be interesting to see how he would fare if he lost all of his excess money.

And lastly, I just wanted to comment on the Pete and Dustin "fiasco." I think Dustin got wooed by the money and experiences that came with dating Pete. But Pete was really in love with Dustin. When Dustin left, everyone saw the weight that Pete lost. He was actually going through real heartbreak. I felt bad for him. I saw him sobbing more than once. But eventually he tried Sean to help overcome his love for Dustin. Pete swore to me that he would eventually marry Sean. Kudos to Sean for getting out of the relationship, and I guessing getting out of all of the business dealings with Pete.
What a weird thing to be so hung up on with Ryno. Being aware and vocal about problems he sees makes him a bad person? lol I also feel bad for the scrawny dog in HM, I guess I'm the worst!

• Heart

astrogild

Yeah Kevin & John being back really pointed out what the show is missing, Kevin is bitter but funny, John is genuinely knowledgeable, funny, and is somehow able to masterfully handle some sour ass personality traits

the Aulani convo got awkward with Julie basically saying don’t go to Hawaii haha.

Reactions: 11

pembertonheights

What a weird thing to be so hung up on with Ryno. Being aware and vocal about problems he sees makes him a bad person? lol I also feel bad for the scrawny dog in HM, I guess I'm the worst!
Been lurking for a couple of days and seeing the Ryno (and Craig) divide a lot. Wanted to throw in a business pov.

First, I really like Ryno and Craig. They're what kept me watching and my wife still hopes to see Ryno in the park. I think he's a good person, nothing wrong with feeling bad for the dog (they may be robots but their point is to elicit a response), but being vocal is a double edged sword.

For the last two years Ryno has clearly been going through something. There is nothing wrong with that, everyone has been affected by the state of things. The problem however is it has affected his work for a while now. He has literally become the Debbie Downer SNL skit. I don't fully disagree with his feelings but he has a product to sell and that is not the time or place to constantly shit on it. I love the way he and Craig used to criticize things but it's evolved into nihilism. I know some people believe any platform has a responsibility to champion righteousness but if that same act erodes your platform then what good does it serve. There is also the fact that no matter what he does he is still part of the system he's crapping on. He needs to reconcile that or move on. There is nothing wrong with either of those choices. I think it's normal for someone that age (especially for this generation that seems to be raised on zero tolerance towards things) to go through this conundrum. Additionally, he may be going through external things that exacerbate the situation. It's just been going on a bit long. I wish him the best though.

This is just my opinion though.

Jafar

Everytime she said something it was like crickets in the room. Nothing. Pete would just move on to the next thought or topic. She brings 0 to the group. An empty chair would bring more to the discussion.

The auction is officially closed.
Pete probably made Geno or some other boy toy bid on him while Pete footed the bill.
View attachment 1621565View attachment 1621566
3K for dinner with that lunatic?! Like I said Dis event attendees are some of the saddest and strangest people I've ever met. Like Dahmer level.

• Wow
  • Haha

wtc50e

Chatty Member
Pete has a pearl necklace painted nails and a sparkling shirt. He’s turned into Liberace.

• Haha

Ghost of Bob Varley

I think the show has suffered so much. The content is so weak. John and Kevin appear to be gone and I do wonder if it had anything to do with Panda coming on, such as (pure speculation) Panda is part of a transition plan to the next era. It's wild to me they went from having a D23 booth in previous years to not covering it at all. Their live updates from the D23 floor were great, that rich content of their first reactions to what was said and done. They covered it very well in past years.
Your point is spot on. It's crazy that we got a week's worth of Alaska Cruise content because Pete wanted to do an Alaskan cruise but there is absolutely no coverage of D23. It just shows how far adrift they really have gone. Their D23 coverage used to be spot on. Now they can't even bother to do a remote roundtable recap on the day of the parks panel? Nothing? Everything has become just so phoned in at this point.

slimcourage901

I believe this episode that they are referring to was the time where Deni explained the struggles of traveling as a family to WDW.
Yes, I remember that episode. Paraphrasing here, Deni was saying something along the lines of “if you don’t have kids then you can’t fully understand the challenges of traveling to WDW as a family” during a discussion about families. Kevin interjected and, rather condescendingly, said “I’m a travel agent who has talked to clients with families so actually yes I do get it.” Deni just let it go (I think Pete might have moved the conversation along to diffuse tension but I don’t remember exactly) but the look on her face was telling. One of the rare moments she wasn’t her usual positive optimistic self.

• Wow