The Depo Contraceptive Injection

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for your words of advice, because I am starting to panic a little. I’m 36 and worried I will miss my chance of being a mum. I really wouldn’t have ever gone on the injection if I knew what I did now. But I do feel better knowing I don’t need a proper cycle in order to get pregnant xx

Reactions: 2
It can take a long time for your body to restart because it's so strong. But I hadn't had a period since the June and fell pregnant in the September. So it's still possible to get pregnant without periods it's just makes it harder because you can't calculate ovulation

Reactions: 3
Hi so still no periods, not pregnant ... I get cramps period pains etc but nope not a single thing! Not even ovulating I was extremely fertile before hand and now it’s seeming impossible, Iv ended up going on the pill now as it was draining me taking tests or hoping for a period. & no I’m not sure why they say that you can be pregnant a day after because it’s not true it actually stays in your system a few weeks, I went over 1 week as couldn’t get an appointment and she said it was fine .. it’s possible to get pregnant without a period if you have sex when your ovulating but it’s slimmer chances x

I went on the pill after mine I had slight watery spotting but was unfortunately told this is normal when changing contraception.. I’m on the pill where it stops your periods though .. I had a break in between hoping they would come back and then had a break after been on the pill a while but no luck! Apparantly the deppo and the pill have the same hormones ideal!! X

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but has anyone else really struggled with anxiety since getting depo?

I had it two weeks ago and I’m a nervous wreck. I cannot stop worrying.

I’m sure this is why I stopped getting it done years ago!

I am unfortunately, yes
What are you going to do? Change contraception after the 3 months?

I don’t know if it’s in my head why this happened, but since changing from depo to Sayana, I have gained 6 pounds. I don’t feel like I’m eating anymore than usual, but I’ve not been to the gym for a couple of weeks due to a knee injury. Feeling fed up and pissed off.

I think I may start trying to track my cycle naturally.

Oh I’ve never heard of Sayana.

It’s just awful isn’t it. It’s like there’s no method that is without side effect.

Reactions: 1