The Depo Contraceptive Injection

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t be disheartened (easier said than done) by not having a period. I was off the Depo for 4 months without a hint of a period and ended up pregnant. As I said in a previous post, it ended up as an ectopic pregnancy, but it’s definitely possible to get pregnant without a proper cycle.
Thanks for your words of advice, because I am starting to panic a little. I’m 36 and worried I will miss my chance of being a mum. I really wouldn’t have ever gone on the injection if I knew what I did now. But I do feel better knowing I don’t need a proper cycle in order to get pregnant xx

Reactions: 2
Thanks for your words of advice, because I am starting to panic a little. I’m 36 and worried I will miss my chance of being a mum. I really wouldn’t have ever gone on the injection if I knew what I did now. But I do feel better knowing I don’t need a proper cycle in order to get pregnant xx
It can take a long time for your body to restart because it's so strong. But I hadn't had a period since the June and fell pregnant in the September. So it's still possible to get pregnant without periods it's just makes it harder because you can't calculate ovulation

Reactions: 3
Let me know how you get on. I was on the injection for a lot longer than you and iv come off it too. It’s only been a few months but no sign of any periods. I’m getting the feeling my body is going through some changes but not even a drop of blood. I’m worried I ruined my chances of being a mum if I’m honest. I actually can’t believe the doctors allowed me to stay on it for so long. If I had known what iv been reading recently I would never have gone on it. Yet I never had any problems being on it but I regret it massively now.
who knows what will happen. Is it possible to still get pregnant thouh,without having a period since being off the injection? As I remember if I was more than a day over my due injection date the doctors said I couldn’t have it as there is achance you could be pregnant. So I’m abit confused if I’m honest. X
Hi so still no periods, not pregnant ... I get cramps period pains etc but nope not a single thing! Not even ovulating I was extremely fertile before hand and now it’s seeming impossible, Iv ended up going on the pill now as it was draining me taking tests or hoping for a period. & no I’m not sure why they say that you can be pregnant a day after because it’s not true it actually stays in your system a few weeks, I went over 1 week as couldn’t get an appointment and she said it was fine .. it’s possible to get pregnant without a period if you have sex when your ovulating but it’s slimmer chances x

I came off the injection and went back on the pill, chickened out of the coil as my friend said it was excruciating to get put in (although sounds like it's different for anyone). During my week off the pill I got all my usual period side effects like cramps but the period never came. I got a small bit on my first day back on the pill again after the week off, but that was it. Hoping it'll come back more properly in my next week off. A few people here have said they didn't get their period back after the injection. Could going on the pill help with this I wonder, like would it help to regulate your body?
I went on the pill after mine I had slight watery spotting but was unfortunately told this is normal when changing contraception.. I’m on the pill where it stops your periods though .. I had a break in between hoping they would come back and then had a break after been on the pill a while but no luck! Apparantly the deppo and the pill have the same hormones 🙄 ideal!! X

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but has anyone else really struggled with anxiety since getting depo?

I had it two weeks ago and I’m a nervous wreck. I cannot stop worrying.

I’m sure this is why I stopped getting it done years ago! :(

I am unfortunately, yes :(
What are you going to do? Change contraception after the 3 months?

I don’t know if it’s in my head why this happened, but since changing from depo to Sayana, I have gained 6 pounds. I don’t feel like I’m eating anymore than usual, but I’ve not been to the gym for a couple of weeks due to a knee injury. Feeling fed up and pissed off.

What are you going to do? Change contraception after the 3 months?

I don’t know if it’s in my head why this happened, but since changing from depo to Sayana, I have gained 6 pounds. I don’t feel like I’m eating anymore than usual, but I’ve not been to the gym for a couple of weeks due to a knee injury. Feeling fed up and pissed off.
I think I may start trying to track my cycle naturally.

Oh I’ve never heard of Sayana.

It’s just awful isn’t it. It’s like there’s no method that is without side effect.

Reactions: 1