The Deceived.. Channel 5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s a bit naughty (but genius 😂) how they advertised Paul Mescel being in it so so heavily yet he pops up twice an episode?! emmett J Scanlon is the lead and he was hardly in the adverts 🤔

I think the couple and her mum are in cahoots to get a baby -he’s seducing girls and finally got one pregnant. Roisin was involved in the 1st girls disaperance/ death so they’ve faked her death (also to sell more books!) and the plan is to either kill off Ophelia or make her look “mad” so he can get custody and do one. Think Paul Mescal character is probs gonna save the day - and Ophelia who is the most unlikable character written!

Reactions: 4
I think the black girl was burnt in the fire but maybe by the wife instead of Micheal .It's looks as though they stole her manuscript and passed it off as his. I think his wife was unable to have kids and they've used Ophelia as a surrogate (unknown to her ) and will get rid of her once the baby is born ,his MIL has a keen interest in the baby too and will do anything for her daughter by the look of it. If she's her locked up she might have MH issues and has killed before ? the only thing I can't work out is why other people are in on it ,the doctor ,the child behind the curtain at the wake ,unless there's some kind of cult in the village and they want to sacrifice the child ? The black girls brother or Shelly Conn character will will blow it for Micheal ..

Last edited:
It's so good! I mean, there's some really pish acting but it's strangely addictive.

Reactions: 2
I think the black girl was burnt in the fire but maybe by the wife instead of Micheal .It's looks as though they stole her manuscript and passed it off as his. I think his wife was unable to have kids and they've used Ophelia as a surrogate (unknown to her ) and will get rid of her once the baby is born ,his MIL has a keen interest in the baby too and will do anything for her daughter by the look of it. If she's her locked up she might have MH issues and has killed before ? the only thing I can't work out is why other people are in on it ,the doctor ,the child behind the curtain at the wake ,unless there's some kind of cult in the village and they want to sacrifice the child ? The black girls brother or Shelly Conn character will will blow it for Micheal ..
I hope it’s not this obvious and there’s a huge twist! I watched the trailer again and it seems like tonight’s episode it going to be prettt busy!

I hope it’s not this obvious and there’s a huge twist! I watched the trailer again and it seems like tonight’s episode it going to be prettt busy!
I've just read there might be a second series 🤷‍♀️ the plot thickens then😂

Thought it was great first 2 episodes very creepy but last episode was dire, I had mentally switched off for the last 30 minutes 🤣

Reactions: 3
The My5 app kept crashing and I wasn’t even that bothered by the time I got to the last 20ins .. how did it start out so creepy and intriguing and end like a Hallmark romance film?

The fake CGI backdrop for Rosin being ‘abroad’ was terrible!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The My5 app kept crashing and I wasn’t even that bothered by the time I got to the last 20ins .. how did it start out so creepy and intriguing and end like a Hallmark romance film?

The fake CGI backdrop for Rosin being ‘abroad’ was terrible!
I think if they had made the series longer and taken their time instead of squeezing everything into the last episode they could have gotten away with it .There's too many loose ends ..what was all the psychic and ghostly happenings about (with Micheal's dad )? who stood to inherit from the sale of the house ? how was she found at the end ? they had a good enough cast I'm sure they could have made more of it..

Agreed some acting was questionable but it was watchable good plot. Obviously the ending left open for another series although I doubt Paul mescal will be running back after his Emmy nomination 🤣 I don’t think there should be another series especially with thrillers best left at one I think