The couple next door

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was expecting it to be like the book! But was a totally different story lol so left disappointed and confused
It's not the same. I thought when it was about to start that I had read the book but when I read the synopsis of the TV series I realised it was a completely different story.

The Channel 4 series is based on the Dutch programme New Neighbours.

It's not the same. I thought when it was about to start that I had read the book but when I read the synopsis of the TV series I realised it was a completely different story.

The Channel 4 series is based on the Dutch programme New Neighbours.
I thought it was based on the book and was quite excited to watch it. During the first episode I was so confused and I was thinking that maybe I was getting the book mixed up with a different one. Once I reread the book summary and then I read some spoilers for the series and I realised they were different. I couldn't get in to the series at all, I just found it boring and all the characters annoyed me 🙈

Reactions: 1
hah glad I’ve found the thread. I thought it was good at first then seems like it was rushed and not wrapped up fully but the end. Almost like they were told it’d be 10 eps then had to squeeze it into 6

Reactions: 5
This was so odd?

Firstly it's nothing to do with the book at all, is it even meant to be based on it?

Secondly, the setting was odd, for the first couple of episodes I thought it was set in Australia haha...not least because they were all walking around in shorts and crop tops - the weather is never hot enough for that in Leeds 😂

And the ending? Why did Pete suddenly go mad and pull the gun on them all? He was relatively chill up to that point. The secret son was also a pointless storyline

Reactions: 6
Agree with the comments on here, what a weird series but yeah Hugh Dennis was fab and believable
Most of the plot holes have already been mention and this is minor compared to others but thought it was weird at the end when they just left their young son and told him to go wherever they said and drove off

Reactions: 3